Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 5, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #33,631 of 42,765
has anyone had problems with mojo after using a cck3 cable listening and charging the ios device at the same time?

Sep 6, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #33,632 of 42,765
I am pretty new to the audiophile world and so I am still learning about this fascinating hobby. I am reading through this thread and am currently on page 198 of 2242. So, a bit of a way to go yet, and my apologies if this is covered later in the thread (it’s a huge thread!).

I am close to ordering the Chord Mojo and my set up would be:

iPhone 6 plus > Mojo > Dunu DN2000J

FYI My main computer is an iMac using iTunes and I do not have any Windows PCs in my home.

I need some clarification on the use of the Onkyo HF Player app for those using their iPhone as a transport source. This app has been suggested by a number of reviewers here as an important factor to get the best music clarity from the Mojo and they talk of music files needing to be ‘bit-perfect’. The suggestion is to pay the £10 / $10 to get the full HD issue of this Onkyo app for this purpose.

1. What is the difference between using apple lossless files from the normal pre-installed iPhone music app compared to using FLAC/HD on the Onkyo app? I was under the impression that lossless was very good quality anyway. Is FLAC/HD better and is it only these that are bit-perfect?

2. If the Onkyo app is the best way to go, then does anyone have a link to a step by step guide on how to copy CD’s in FLAC or bit-perfect to my Mac computer and how to then upload to the iPhone?

3. Would I still run things via iTunes or would I need a different music app for the Mac to look after my music?

Sorry if these questions are a bit basic. I am new to all this and still learning.

If you have Any music purchased from iTunes It will not play Through the Onkyo app It's only good if you have AFLAC Files are greater So don't pay the money If you don't have those High-res music Formats. Personally, I Rip my CDs With the Apple lossless encoder So I have no need For third-party Apps on my iPhone.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #33,633 of 42,765
If you have Any music purchased from iTunes It will not play Through the Onkyo app It's only good if you have AFLAC Files are greater So don't pay the money If you don't have those High-res music Formats. Personally, I Rip my CDs With the Apple lossless encoder So I have no need For third-party Apps on my iPhone.
My iTunes purchases, those that are not just in the cloud but downloaded/local on the iPhone, do play via the Onkyo app.

Sep 6, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #33,634 of 42,765
My iTunes purchases, those that are not just in the cloud but downloaded/local on the iPhone, do play via the Onkyo app.
I tried It Last year And it would not work for me Only Music that I ripped myself Would play And not anything by through iTunes.

Sep 6, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #33,635 of 42,765
I just reinstalled the Onkyo App And I still get the Same problem All music Purchased through iTunes It tells me it is DRM protected And will not play And all my music Is downloaded Directly to my phone. So I would like to know how you are getting it to play On yours?

Update
Apparently iTunes plus Doesn't have DRM free Versions of most of my music That I purchased through them Which really sucks.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #33,637 of 42,765
the anker power port 5 has been recommended for mojo however it talks about fast charging technology power iq and voltage boost and i remember you saying rob advised against such things, the anker power port 5 did come tops in headfi test so im confused here.

Sep 7, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #33,639 of 42,765
is that power port 5 domdom and how long have you been using it? i have the 1.8m ankerpowerline but chord say no more than 1.5m. awaiting demo of ether flows mr speakers very excited.

Sep 7, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #33,640 of 42,765
It seems to be the 5 ports from Amazon.FR in Jan 2015, but no longer available, 6 ports is. True I use a short USB cable but a standard length should do. Surprised this generates so much debate :) Slow charge is better even if a bit of a pain waiting, Just dont wait for Mojo to be empty? just a thought.

Sep 7, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #33,641 of 42,765
have you had any problem with anker power port 5? it is still on amazon.fr apologies for repeating myself its just that rob advised against quick charging technology.

is there any advantage to using a batterybank 12000mah for mojo over mains charging/power for use at home. better sq, less interference etc?

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #33,642 of 42,765
I have always read slow charging is better for the long run but remember, i believe it is the equipment absorbing power not power supply pushing. As an example: iPhone 6 (or 6S) can charge faster if given power through 10W iPad charger.
so i you can tolerate slower through 5portz ANKER go for it. Sometimes a little boost may be enjoyable!
as an other example iPad Pro would benefit from 29W USB C charger but Apple didn't consider adding it to the box, just the 12W :frowning2: and charge is really slow!!

Sep 7, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #33,643 of 42,765
what about battery banks like 12000mah must be cleaner or not so?

Sep 7, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #33,645 of 42,765
you are right my friend. i am taking delivery of £1700 mr speakers headphone ether flow and mojo today. i want to make sure all is good as i had some bad luck before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back