Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 1, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #33,286 of 42,765
If there is noise, you should hear it. It's simple.

If the phone is transmitting or receiving and Mojo is picking it up, you will hear it. Same for noise through the mains, which I rarely have heard, but lately I've heard humm leaking through the usb cable connected to a wallplug. Obviously it was grounding issue, and my iems were picking it up even when touching Mojo.

It's more of an issue with sensitive headphones.
Read some of @Rob Watts posts about the sources of electrical noise, and how the brain then plays tricks with how you perceive music. You will soon understand that noise is not quite as simple as you are making out. :wink:

Aug 1, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #33,287 of 42,765
Nonsense, usb stream cannot change the frequency response. Only effects of noise in the line can effect the signal digitally to cause errors if significant, but the stream get converted to analog. If there is noise in the line, it's a grounding issue and cannot make sound brighter. If there is noise you will hear the noise floor, or if it's significant you will hear it, whatever type of noise it is.

Who care what Rob says. Is he the messiah?

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #33,288 of 42,765
It just has been confusing for many who can't figure out why it can't be used as an amp only. Also, there's so many comments that the DAC is great but the amp isn't. So yes, technically it's good to be clear about how it's put together.
Which amp do you recommend to connect the Mojo to in order to drive MrSpeakers Ether Flow at very high level of SQ?

Aug 1, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #33,289 of 42,765
Nonsense, usb stream cannot change the frequency response. Only effects of noise in the line can effect the signal digitally to cause errors if significant, but the stream get converted to analog. If there is noise in the line, it's a grounding issue and cannot make sound brighter. If there is noise you will hear the noise floor, or if it's significant you will hear it, whatever type of noise it is.

Who care what Rob says. Is he the messiah?
You are just trying to justify the physics of the cable. You are completely missing the point about how the brain interprets the signals received in the ears - and this has nothing to do with the physics of the cable.
Have you read any of Robs posts on the subject?

Aug 1, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #33,290 of 42,765
Which amp do you recommend to connect the Mojo to in order to drive MrSpeakers Ether Flow at very high level of SQ?

Personally, none. I really prefer the ETHER Flow direct from the Mojo with nothing else added in the chain. At my listening levels I'm typically barely on red in the volume range so there is more than ample headroom with the ETHER Flow. For higher SQ I'd move to even more resolving gear like the Hugo2 or the DAVE rather than adding devices in the chain. But that's just my opinion.

If I had a stand alone DAC that required adding an amp then I find that the MrSpeakers headphones sound great with Cavalli amps. I also really like the tuning of ALO amps and something like the ALO Cv5 is something I'd like to audition.

Aug 1, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #33,291 of 42,765
Are you guys using usb audio player pro and running into those problems?

It's an app on the Google play store for android devices.

I used that app, the problem was my android stuff didn't have OTG. Apple is far better for HD music IMO. Now I use Tidal and Onkyo hf player on the Ipad, it works great with no issues what so ever. YouTube also works through the Mojo with no issue.

Aug 1, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #33,292 of 42,765
Personally, none. I really prefer the ETHER Flow direct from the Mojo with nothing else added in the chain. At my listening levels I'm typically barely on red in the volume range so there is more than ample headroom with the ETHER Flow. For higher SQ I'd move to even more resolving gear like the Hugo2 or the DAVE rather than adding devices in the chain. But that's just my opinion.

If I had a stand alone DAC that required adding an amp then I find that the MrSpeakers headphones sound great with Cavalli amps. I also really like the tuning of ALO amps and something like the ALO Cv5 is something I'd like to audition.
Got it, thanks

Aug 1, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #33,293 of 42,765
I used that app, the problem was my android stuff didn't have OTG. Apple is far better for HD music IMO. Now I use Tidal and Onkyo hf player on the Ipad, it works great with no issues what so ever. YouTube also works through the Mojo with no issue.

Disagree totally with this, I've used both and the apps on android are far superior. I never had an issue with my S7 Edge, it's an S8 issue. Right now the only audio I can send to Mojo on my S8+ is from UAPP. Sucks, but I hope it gets resolved soon. I was an apple user for years, iphone1-5 and I still use my 2009 MacBook pro laptop and love it but I will never use another apple phone after I experienced the unwalled garden. I don't have to hope Samsung fixes it, any developer can fix it on Android.

Aug 1, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #33,296 of 42,765

Did you know there is people complaining about iOS devices all the time in this thread about how the connection has been dropping every 10 minutes and its been going on for months.

Same happened with Oppo HA2 users as well.

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #33,297 of 42,765
Did you know there is people complaining about iOS devices all the time in this thread about how the connection has been dropping every 10 minutes and its been going on for months.

Same happened with Oppo HA2 users as well.

Sure theres issues with all devices. In my case after I got the Ipad, they are no longer there. I have been listening to radio paradise with there app on my Ipad mini 3 through the Mojo for over an hour tonight. No dropouts what so ever. Tidal and YouTube are fine too. So take that for what its worth I guess. I can only share what my experience was. That is that I would never use an android with my Mojo again.

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #33,298 of 42,765
Sure theres issues with all devices. In my case after I got the Ipad, they are no longer there. I have been listening to radio paradise with there app on my Ipad mini 3 through the Mojo for over an hour tonight. No dropouts what so ever. Tidal and YouTube are fine too. So take that for what its worth I guess. I can only share what my experience was. That is that I would never use an android with my Mojo again.

Yeah but you cant really say one device is better than another when you didnt get them to compare anyway.

If you had an android phone with OTG support it would have worked flawlessly with an app like UAPP and it also has a bitperfect setting. :slight_smile:

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #33,299 of 42,765
Disagree totally with this, I've used both and the apps on android are far superior. I never had an issue with my S7 Edge, it's an S8 issue. Right now the only audio I can send to Mojo on my S8+ is from UAPP. Sucks, but I hope it gets resolved soon. I was an apple user for years, iphone1-5 and I still use my 2009 MacBook pro laptop and love it but I will never use another apple phone after I experienced the unwalled garden. I don't have to hope Samsung fixes it, any developer can fix it on Android.

I totally disagree with you. All apple devices have OTG. From what i found if you don't have the most expensive phone that Samsung makes it may.... or may not have OTG. I got this Ipad mini cheep on sale and not one issue. Not one lol

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #33,300 of 42,765
Yeah but you cant really say one device is better than another when you didnt get them to compare anyway.

If you had an android phone with OTG support it would have worked flawlessly with an app like UAPP it even has a bitperfect setting. :slight_smile:

Exactly.... I wish i could have tested an android, but after two weeks of trying to get one thst has OTG. I gave up lol

PS I didn't say better... It worked first try lol so that's a win. Very easy to use. No extra software needed just plug in to the Ipad and any audio comes out of the Mojo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back