Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 9, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #32,926 of 42,765
why would an iPhone sound different than an iPad? apples to apples. literally. the iOS software is just feeding the digital file to the Mojo without any adulteration...
I'm sure the reponse across the lower frequencies is not flat for the I phone 5 because when we were testing the Mojo design we were getting unusual listening results that we found to be differences in lower bass levels from different phones. This may account for the differences between their own products too.

Jul 9, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #32,927 of 42,765
I'm sure the reponse across the lower frequencies is not flat for the I phone 5 because when we were testing the Mojo design we were getting unusual listening results that we found to be differences in lower bass levels from different phones. This may account for the differences between their own products too.
I can confirm that it is true between iPhone 5s, iPad mini 4 and Macbook Air (2015 model). They all have very different kind of bass delivery. I didn't spend even a week yet with Mojo so I guess I will discover a lot with it. But so far with Mojo it feels like there is a multi-band compression in 20-200Hz band going on. Because the bass is so stable and punchy whatever music I have listened through it so far. It is very new and strange to me because I am so used to get unreliable bass response with many consumer grade gear for so many years. And there is one more thing that I am asking to myself, did you put some kind of dynamic EQ in the signal chain? How come music doesn't sound harsh when I increase the volume even close to the pain threshold? There must be some kind of dynamic treble shelf EQ which is in inverse proportion to the amplitude.
Anyways, I guess I have to thank Chord engineers because whatever you guys have put in this little black box, it is superbly done. I am just blown away, cannot stop rediscovering my music archive.

Jul 9, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #32,929 of 42,765
Hi All, received the mojo few days ago and im very happy with the sound. Purchased the 7cm cable from post 3 in advance to connect to galaxy s7 and purchased the uapp to feed bit perfect with no android upsampling.
Question... when connecting mojo and s7 the connection is backwards. The mojo botons are facing the back of the phone instead of being towards the outside. Is there a short cable that will connect it with the bottons facing out?

Jul 9, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #32,930 of 42,765
Anyone else has problem with Podcast and Audiobook? My Mojo works perfectly with music tracks, but something's wrong with Audiobook and Podcast. Not sure if it has to do with up-sampling algorithm? My source is iPhone SE.

Jul 10, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #32,931 of 42,765
I wonder if this has happened to anyone... I wrote to the Chord support yesterday but they haven't answered yet.

On my work laptop, the Mojo started causing BSODs after the Windows 10 Creators Update (weirdly, on my desktop everything still works fine).
I went to the Chord website and saw that there is a new driver specifically for the Creators Update.
I downloaded and installed the driver, but now the Mojo isn't recognized at all. In Device Manager, it appears with the yellow triangle and a message saying that Windows could not verify the digital signature of the driver.
I tried reinstalling the driver, removing it completely and installing again, reverting back to the old driver, shutting down the computer and restarting, connecting the Mojo to a different slot, let Windows find the driver and nothing... it won't work.

Any ideas?

Jul 10, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #32,932 of 42,765
I wonder if this has happened to anyone... I wrote to the Chord support yesterday but they haven't answered yet.

On my work laptop, the Mojo started causing BSODs after the Windows 10 Creators Update (weirdly, on my desktop everything still works fine).
I went to the Chord website and saw that there is a new driver specifically for the Creators Update.
I downloaded and installed the driver, but now the Mojo isn't recognized at all. In Device Manager, it appears with the yellow triangle and a message saying that Windows could not verify the digital signature of the driver.
I tried reinstalling the driver, removing it completely and installing again, reverting back to the old driver, shutting down the computer and restarting, connecting the Mojo to a different slot, let Windows find the driver and nothing... it won't work.

Any ideas?
I can sense that you are very frustrated at the situation.
I think that you are rather optimistic contacting Chord support during the weekend, and expecting a near instantaneous reply during the weekend.

From my experience contacting Chord, someone will have looked at your message today (the first working day), and tried to redirect your problem to the appropriate individual.
Hopefully you will get a reply today.
If you do not get a reply, then you can always post your question about the driver on the Chord Facebook page.

Jul 10, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #32,933 of 42,765
I can sense that you are very frustrated at the situation.
I think that you are rather optimistic contacting Chord support during the weekend, and expecting a near instantaneous reply during the weekend.

From my experience contacting Chord, someone will have looked at your message today (the first working day), and tried to redirect your problem to the appropriate individual.
Hopefully you will get a reply today.
If you do not get a reply, then you can always post your question about the driver on the Chord Facebook page.

It wasn't meant as a diss on Chord or a complaint for not replying on the weekend. I realize it sounded like this :)
I was just hoping someone whom it has happened to will help me with this.
Thanks for your reply.

Jul 10, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #32,934 of 42,765
It wasn't meant as a diss on Chord or a complaint for not replying on the weekend. I realize it sounded like this :)
I was just hoping someone whom it has happened to will help me with this.
Thanks for your reply.
Don't worry, I realise that you were not dissing Chord.
I think that i have read two or three posts, mentioning issues with the driver for the Windows 10 update.
Interestingly the issue gives the appearance that the root cause is not that the driver code does not work, but that the signature has not been registered.

Sorry but I cannot remember anyone posting a solution.

Jul 10, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #32,935 of 42,765

Attachments

• 2IMG_20170701_115033.jpg
    2IMG_20170701_115033.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 1IMG_20170701_115044.jpg
    1IMG_20170701_115044.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #32,938 of 42,765
I have been waiting for my budget to allow this purchase and with a couple job moves basically forgot about the Mojo for awhile. I went to Moon Audio earlier and saw "SALE" and it is priced at $498. Is this the new price point or is this a limited time sale? Do I need to jump on this "sale" or is this a permanently reduced price?

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #32,939 of 42,765
I have been waiting for my budget to allow this purchase and with a couple job moves basically forgot about the Mojo for awhile. I went to Moon Audio earlier and saw "SALE" and it is priced at $498. Is this the new price point or is this a limited time sale? Do I need to jump on this "sale" or is this a permanently reduced price?
I don't think you can buy any better DAC at this price. I have it for like a week and feeling so stupid why I didn't purchase this little unit years ago..

Any ideas?
Did you try connecting your Mojo to any iOS or Android device? You can also check S/PDIF or coaxial outs if it is about the USB connection to narrow it down to only software drivers.

Jul 11, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #32,940 of 42,765
I love what Mojo can do for cheap iems, mainly the treble.
I agree with you. My RHA MA750i gained a lot more with bass/treble control and added so much details to the mids. I can say it is on whole another level right now. My Shure SE846 didn't gain a lot though compared to RHA, just like volume level management is easier and stereo separation is more pronounced pretty much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back