Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 7, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #32,911 of 42,765
your aftermarket cable isn’t going to help troubleshooting. but download the iOS 10.3.3 Public Beta or iOS 11 Public Beta if you want to test them out with your current cable. those versions work fine.
I just might do that thanks for the help. Got a original coming but might hit the Apple Store and get another one as it seems they don't fair to well with use.
Thanks again.

Jul 8, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #32,912 of 42,765
I wouldn't expect a mojo 2 any time soon, little guy has a lot of life left in him.

I think this would make more sense than a Mojo 2 because I think chord have a great potential line up for everyone.

Mojo (£400)
Mojo TT (£900)
Mojo + Poly (£900)
3Qute (£1,300)
Hugo 2 (£1,800)
Hugo 2 TT (£3,200)
Dave (£8,500)
Dave + Blu MK2 (£17,000)

Note; this is not all confirmed by chord just what I have come up with myself.

I always said it and I will keep saying it, if chord did release a Dap with nice screen and mojos sound quality or better I think it would send shockwaves through the portable world just like mojo did.

Mojo TT with RCA and XLR outputs, without battery and bellow £1k is a instant buy for me as I use Mojo at my desktop only anyway.

Jul 8, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #32,913 of 42,765
Mojo TT with RCA and XLR outputs, without battery and bellow £1k is a instant buy for me as I use Mojo at my desktop only anyway.

+ Improved power supply and galvanic isolation.

I know someone posted here saying there's no need for a Mojo TT because is good as a desktop already, you are right but you can read from this thread the insane amount of paranoid people that won't leave mojo plugged in to power all the time. I think Mojo TT has a place and so does a Mojo Dap.

Jul 8, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #32,914 of 42,765
if not plugged in all the time is that playing and charging from a full battery and then disconnecting charger and turning mojo off when not in use? the next time you listen you just play and charge again?

i'm getting hugo 2 next week and as i'm new to this don't really like the idea of leaving it plugged in all the time. help appreciated.

Jul 8, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #32,915 of 42,765
I cannot recall who that was but someone asked me to share how I like Chord Mojo earlier. So as promised and since my Mojo arrived 3 days ago and already listened to music around like 20+ hours through it, here are my early findings;

With Shure SE846:

Mojo vs iPad mini 4
1) Instruments are much easier to place in stereo field with Mojo.
2) Bass is tighter and harder hitting with Mojo.
3) No fatigue after long listening sessions with Mojo. With iPad mini 4, I feel like I need to take a break after 1 hour or so.
4) Complete silence when there is no music playing with Mojo. I can hear a little bit of hiss for a few seconds after I pause the music with iPad mini 4, after that the hiss goes away.
5) I can hear little details in music like pianists' breath, people making noise in concert hall, musician tapping on the floor, singer whispers mixed at a low volume in verses etc, which amazes me with Mojo. I can say iPad mini 4's headphone out is way blurry after I heard Mojo.

Mojo vs iPhone 5s
1) Stereo seperation is better with Mojo.
2) Strangely sub bass has more impact with iPhone 5s. But it is more controlled in average and present with Mojo in all sub 200Hz area. I can say some of today's popular music sounds a bit more exciting with iPhone 5s vs Mojo.
3) I can listen 1-2 hours with iPhone 5s, but after that I feel like I need to take a break.
4) Both has no hiss when there is no music playing.
5) Detail retrieval is superb with Mojo compared to iPhone 5s. Mids are weaker and acoustic instruments feel not so real with iPhone 5s.

Mojo vs Macbook Air 13" (2015)
1) Worst stereo image here along all Apple devices I have.
2) Bass is meh and no sub bass impact at all with Macbook Air.
3) Sound is edgy and cannot listen to it for more than 30 mins. Volume management is worst with Macbook Air. It has way too much power for Shure SE846. I cannot go past 3-4 ticks in volume because it gets way too loud with most of the genres.
4) There is an audible hiss all the time with Macbook Air.
5) Details are much more present with Mojo.

Jul 8, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #32,917 of 42,765
why would an iPhone sound different than an iPad? apples to apples. literally. the iOS software is just feeding the digital file to the Mojo without any adulteration...

Just a guess, but I would think he is comparing each device with and without Mojo in the chain. @turkayguner - yes or no?

Jul 8, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #32,918 of 42,765
why would an iPhone sound different than an iPad? apples to apples. literally. the iOS software is just feeding the digital file to the Mojo without any adulteration...
I'm sure the amp and dac circuit is different on the two. Software is one thing hardware is another. My iPhone sounds nothing like my MacBook Pro.

Jul 8, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #32,919 of 42,765
Just to pitch in, mojo does fully work on ios11 public beta with cck cable, but boy, it’s like the only thing that works as it should. I am desperate for a newer release. Also, interesting notes on comparison apples stock build in stuff compared to mojo.

Jul 8, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #32,920 of 42,765
Just to pitch in, mojo does fully work on ios11 public beta with cck cable, but boy, it’s like the only thing that works as it should. I am desperate for a newer release. Also, interesting notes on comparison apples stock build in stuff compared to mojo.
Thanks for the heads up on that . I have read many bad things about the 11 beta will wait for final release.

Jul 8, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #32,922 of 42,765
in the comparisons above is it mac air on its own then with a mojo added to it for a/b comparison? surely once a mojo is added to any of the apple devices above it overides the apple hardware so it makes no difference which apple device you use? or is an ipad mini better sounding with a mojo than a mac air with a mojo?

Jul 9, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #32,923 of 42,765
Just a guess, but I would think he is comparing each device with and without Mojo in the chain. @turkayguner - yes or no?

I did the comparisons with headphone out of the Apple device vs Mojo connected to the same device.

Jul 9, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #32,924 of 42,765
in the comparisons above is it mac air on its own then with a mojo added to it for a/b comparison? surely once a mojo is added to any of the apple devices above it overides the apple hardware so it makes no difference which apple device you use? or is an ipad mini better sounding with a mojo than a mac air with a mojo?

Sorry about that I was not totally clear. Since Mojo is the winner against Macbook Air hands down, the conclusions vs MB Air are about the sound coming from MB Air. Among all of the Apple hardware I had so far, MB Air had the worst audio quality of all.

Jul 9, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #32,925 of 42,765
Thanks for the heads up on that . I have read many bad things about the 11 beta will wait for final release.

You don't need to wait that long. Normally by the time the 3rd or 4th public beta arrives the only real problems left are edge case problems which are unlikely to affect normal usage.

The current beta is the first public beta, and yes it is pretty rough around the edges, but apart from the odd moments of frustration it is usable, and IME relatively stable. However the only real reason to run it at the moment is if you have an iPad and want to play around with the new iPad features. There's little to be gained by putting it on an iPhone, and if you want to solve that external audio problem right now then the 10.3.3. beta would be a safe bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back