Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 2, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #32,898 of 42,765
I had this problem - if the CCK is less than a year old the Apple Shop will replace foc if you have the original receipt - they did this for me no questions asked & solved the problem.

Thanks, on my way to the Apple store this afternoon. Hope that is the ticket.

The replacement CCK did it. Apple swapped it out free of charge. Back to flawless performance so far with 10.3.2.

Jul 2, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #32,899 of 42,765
Sorry if I was misunderstood but @Mython was right, the two months for battery replacement was due to a series of events.

My dealer explained that their logistics for parts/repair only happens twice a month (imagine that). I live in another city (Davao city) and they had to ship my Mojo to their main branch (Manila) who will further diagnose the issue/s then make the service repairs. I don't know what happens afterwards, whether they had to order the parts from Chord or they have spare. But I think they had to order the parts which adds to the wait time.

I do hope that explains the 2 months repair for the readers.

I usually buy products that's easily available from most local vendors so that warranty claims will be shorter. But the Mojo is rare! It's a gem to find in my city and I was told by my dealer that they only sold 2 of these including mine. Considering that it's made by Chord in England, that's quite a long way from the Philippines isn't it?

So before buying Mojo, I already considered and expected wait times to be longer should I need a fix.

2 months for a battery replacement? how long was the shipment? 2 months it too long for a battery that's easily replaceable. :open_mouth:

Yup, I know it's easily replaceable as John (or Rob) mentioned. But I had to go thru my dealer's warranty process as I only had my Mojo for about 4 months by that time.

I bet it would only have taken less than a week for all the diagnosis and actual service if we take the logistics out of the equation.

I was kept informed by my dealer the whole time, thus the Excellent service badge. Else, I would have gone crazy waiting for two months. :beyersmile:

2 months? Is this a joke? And he call that service excellent. :disappointed_relieved:

Not a joke at all. Please see above.

As comparison, I just had a battery replaced for a Macbook Air under AppleCare and that took more than a month. Battery had to be shipped from Singapore they said.

These warranty repairs really depends on the dealer's response time, parts availability, where they do the actual diagnosis and service, etc.

To me, excellent service (based on person's location and situation) is as subjective as the music we appreciate because of a lot of variables involved.

Well, now, that very much depends on what the chain of events was, doesn't it?

Spot-on mate. Thanks for not being so critical.

I wish these service repairs are as fast as some of you have expressed but such is my situation.

I'm just happy my Mojo is fixed and back. :beyersmile:

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #32,900 of 42,765
as per my earlier post, check the cck ...buy a new one, plug it in and see if you're getting the same result.
i guess the cck cables are pretty fragile, not made for alot of repeat bending/straigtening etc.

David W..good to hear...shows those damned cck cables are pretty brittle.

before I was swapping it out to my dragonfly...so i presume that all that bending and then unbending
wore down the wire connection inside....now I keep mine in the mojo all the time.
heck even when removing it I have an elastic around it so it can't unbend and straighten out.

one thing I will say: now that i'm listening to my mojo more, the sound really is a butt kicker.
i was using the dragonfly red for a while (ligher, smaller) but the mojo just sounds sooo sweet.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #32,901 of 42,765
David W..good to hear...shows those damned cck cables are pretty brittle.

before I was swapping it out to my dragonfly...so all that bending and then unbending
guess wore down the wires in side....now I keep mine in the mojo all the time.
heck even when removing it I have an elastic around it so it can't unbend and straighten out.

one thing I will say: now that i'm listening to my mojo more, the sound really is a butt kicker.
i was using the dragonfly red for a while (ligher, smaller) but the mojo just sounds sooo sweet.

Agreed....have had my Mojo close to a year and it more than lives up to all of the hype...fantastic musicality
and reliability!

Jul 7, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #32,902 of 42,765
While my Deckard is busted, I've been listening to my LCD-X through the Mojo. It's pretty damn good. Lacks a bit of the oomph of the Deckard, but for a little handheld it's doing a damn admirable job.

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #32,903 of 42,765
and I was to sell it for an ibasso dx200....before i'd realize the constant drops were from the cck cable.
am glad I didn't ...so feel free to pass the word: for those having drops it might not be an IOS update issue afterall.
damned flimsy cck cable!...argh.

anyway, I wonder how the mojo2 will improve upon the current mojo (and won't be soo good as to move into the hugo2 territory)
and when it'll get released....any bets? next yr? the mojo did come out in 2015 right?

Jul 7, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #32,905 of 42,765
anyway, I wonder how the mojo2 will improve upon the current mojo (and won't be soo good as to move into the hugo2 territory)
and when it'll get released....any bets? next yr? the mojo did come out in 2015 right?

I wouldn't expect a mojo 2 any time soon, little guy has a lot of life left in him.

I think this would make more sense than a Mojo 2 because I think chord have a great potential line up for everyone.

Mojo (£400)
Mojo TT (£900)
Mojo + Poly (£900)
3Qute (£1,300)
Hugo 2 (£1,800)
Hugo 2 TT (£3,200)
Dave (£8,500)
Dave + Blu MK2 (£17,000)

Note; this is not all confirmed by chord just what I have come up with myself.

I always said it and I will keep saying it, if chord did release a Dap with nice screen and mojos sound quality or better I think it would send shockwaves through the portable world just like mojo did.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #32,906 of 42,765
I'm not sure there's a need for a Mojo TT. The Mojo, powered as it is, works perfectly well in a desktop scenario for the majority of cases. It'd make more sense to just have a handheld, a small portable-ish, a beefy desktop, and King Daddy and just worry about that.

I'm not a believer in having a separate item at every single price point. It's a lot of R&D instead of just making 3-4 items that work well for wide swaths.

Jul 7, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #32,907 of 42,765
Hey all just received my used Mojo today and had the same problem as others with my 6S Plus. I was starting to get worried as I couldn't get Tidal to work on my MacBook Pro either I was using it thru Chrome as the app flaked out a while ago and didn't update it as the Chrome version was working fine. Also found Vox has to be switched in the app to the different source so that also reduced the stress factor. I'm using a aftermarket cck cable so that might be a problem also I have one on order now and hope this fixed that problem. Running 10.3.2 and it runs for about 30 seconds and then tells me device not supported. I'm just glad it's not my used Mojo that was the problem. I've heard it several times before but it's different when you can hear it with your gear in a better setting. Not going to replace the Yggy but when I want to set out on the patio and listen to music and enjoy the outdoors it's pretty damn good.

Jul 7, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #32,908 of 42,765
Hey all just received my used Mojo today and had the same problem as others with my 6S Plus. I was starting to get worried as I couldn't get Tidal to work on my MacBook Pro either I was using it thru Chrome as the app flaked out a while ago and didn't update it as the Chrome version was working fine. Also found Vox has to be switched in the app to the different source so that also reduced the stress factor. I'm using a aftermarket cck cable so that might be a problem also I have one on order now and hope this fixed that problem. Running 10.3.2 and it runs for about 30 seconds and then tells me device not supported. I'm just glad it's not my used Mojo that was the problem. I've heard it several times before but it's different when you can hear it with your gear in a better setting. Not going to replace the Yggy but when I want to set out on the patio and listen to music and enjoy the outdoors it's pretty damn good.

I just jumped back into a Mojo (hasn't arrived yet), from what I understand IOS 11 is supposed to cure all the CCK woes brought on by 10.3. I might give the developer beta a go and see if what I was reading is true or not.

Jul 7, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #32,909 of 42,765
I just jumped back into a Mojo (hasn't arrived yet), from what I understand IOS 11 is supposed to cure all the CCK woes brought on by 10.3. I might give the developer beta a go and see if what I was reading is true or not.
I hope so as this was the main reason I bought it to use from my iPhone. Not the end of the world but hope it gets fixed.

Jul 7, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #32,910 of 42,765

your aftermarket cable isn’t going to help troubleshooting. but download the iOS 10.3.3 Public Beta or iOS 11 Public Beta if you want to test them out with your current cable. those versions work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back