Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 30, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #32,866 of 42,788
Some enterprising company should make a small aptx Bluetooth receiver that just has a digital out so we can connect it to the Mojo, stick it in a bag and control it all from our phone. I'd pay £100 for it just for the convenience.

I use a Hidizs AP60 connected to the Mojo using a 6" micro USB OTG cable. Whatever I play on the phone gets processed by the MoJo.

Jun 30, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #32,867 of 42,788
The manual is a joke and so are website support information.

3 days trying to work out 'What cable is required for Coax Input?'
Still do not know.

What is the point in having a coax input when it is a complete mystery as to what cable to use.

Jun 30, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #32,868 of 42,788

Still do not know.

What is the point in having a coax input when it is a complete mystery as to what cable to use.

A standard analogue 3.5 to 3.5 will work! For longer lengths and to be purist, a 75ohm cable is suggested for digital transfer. But there's a few of us here, who could not detect a difference :)

Jun 30, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #32,869 of 42,788
I sure did, must have skipped page 1363...

Did it work fine with 320kbps streams? You didn't seem certain of it in that post.

Oh, yes, it was fine with 320kbps. But, honestly, I haven't really used it since testing it. PM me if you are seriously considering this, as I have a barely used Grace! I'm awaiting a pre-ordered Poly.

Jun 30, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #32,870 of 42,788

Still do not know.

You need a cable that has a 3.5mm jack on the end that plugs in to the Mojo. What is your source feeding the Mojo?

Jun 30, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #32,871 of 42,788

Still do not know.

I'm not sure what there is to figure out. It needs to have a mini on one end. Do you need a brand name?
There is an enormous amount of info at the beginning of this thread.

Jun 30, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #32,872 of 42,788
Yeah - that's a point, I hadn't figured the extender module into this. Ok, simply for diagnostic purposes I'd temporarily remove the extender module and connect the CCK to a USB cable (any functioning one will work for a test) and then the USB cable into the Mojo to see if that eliminates the problem. If not then the CCK is the next suspect.

Basically it's a process of elimination.

you ''Da Man!'' Slaphead...yup it was the cck cable.....you'd think i would have thought of this given the last one i went thru (doh!).
i go between my mojo/ipod and dragonfly/ipod...so the cck is constantly being straightened, then bent again etc....
add to this i was only using flimsy elastics vs the more solid rubber bands, so again there was movement of the device again affecting
the twisting of the cable.

so today i went into apple, got a new cck and no further issues.

this all said i still hate the brick...still considering the ibasso dx200 or something similar quality for wifi/tidal.
once you go lighter, more compact, it's so hard to enjoy 'the bricks' for walk around portability..

so thanks, Slaphead.

Jul 1, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #32,873 of 42,788
you ''Da Man!'' Slaphead...yup it was the cck cable.....you'd think i would have thought of this given the last one i went thru (doh!).
i go between my mojo/ipod and dragonfly/ipod...so the cck is constantly being straightened, then bent again etc....
add to this i was only using flimsy elastics vs the more solid rubber bands, so again there was movement of the device again affecting
the twisting of the cable.

so today i went into apple, got a new cck and no further issues.

this all said i still hate the brick...still considering the ibasso dx200 or something similar quality for wifi/tidal.
once you go lighter, more compact, it's so hard to enjoy 'the bricks' for walk around portability..

so thanks, Slaphead.

Glad to be service, Sir.

I know what you mean about the "brick" aspect of the Mojo - I would consider it an easily transportable device, rather than a true portable solution. As such I'm happy using mine as a desktop DAC/Amp.

I'd only consider something like a Dragonfly as a truly portable DAC/Amp, but even then I'd only take it with me if I was using HPs that needed the extra power. In my opinion most, if not all, the sound quality advantages of using an external DAC/Amp over just a decent smartphone output are wiped out by the ambient noise encountered when out and about, especially in city areas. Hence for me it's just not worth lumbering myself down with extra stuff hanging off whatever phone or DAP I've got with me.

Jul 1, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #32,874 of 42,788
More iOS drama...

After a few weeks of nearly flawless performance, I'm now back to the iPhone not working with the Mojo via the CCK. I connect the Mojo, launch JRemote as my player, and then the Mojo's power light shuts off, and music is only coming out of the iPhone speaker. I then go through the drill of removing and reinserting the lightning cable into the iPhone and then I get the following message: "this accessory if not supported by this iPhone." What's really strange is that it worked a few weeks ago and then it stopped. Still using 10.3.2.

Any thoughts (besides waiting for the Poly)? Are others getting similar behaviors?

Jul 1, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #32,875 of 42,788
More iOS drama...

After a few weeks of nearly flawless performance, I'm now back to the iPhone not working with the Mojo via the CCK. I connect the Mojo, launch JRemote as my player, and then the Mojo's power light shuts off, and music is only coming out of the iPhone speaker. I then go through the drill of removing and reinserting the lightning cable into the iPhone and then I get the following message: "this accessory if not supported by this iPhone." What's really strange is that it worked a few weeks ago and then it stopped. Still using 10.3.2.

Any thoughts (besides waiting for the Poly)? Are others getting similar behaviors?

But hey, that was my 100th post, so all is not too bad :)

Jul 1, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #32,876 of 42,788
More iOS drama...

as per my earlier post, check the cck ...buy a new one, plug it in and see if you're getting the same result.
i guess the cck cables are pretty fragile, not made for alot of repeat bending/straigtening etc.

Jul 1, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #32,877 of 42,788
as per my earlier post, check the cck ...buy a new one, plug it in and see if you're getting the same result.
i guess the cck cables are pretty fragile, not made for alot of repeat bending/straigtening etc.

I had this problem - if the CCK is less than a year old the Apple Shop will replace foc if you have the original receipt - they did this for me no questions asked & solved the problem.

Jul 1, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #32,878 of 42,788
I had this problem - if the CCK is less than a year old the Apple Shop will replace foc if you have the original receipt - they did this for me no questions asked & solved the problem.
yes. i found that out, too...sorry i should have noted that...
guess when you're a very rich comany that charges $35 for a $2 cable you can afford to.
regardless that's good cust service in my books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back