Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 9, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #32,161 of 42,765
It drives my hd650 & k612 flawlessly so you shouldn't be having problems with X1 its only 30ohms...

Not only is the X1 only 30 Ohms, it also has an efficiency of 100dB/mW SPL... indeed an easy load for almost any source. Nothing wrong with personal preference for adding the amp though, for that individual. The X1's needing a 'decent amp' is off the mark purely from a power perspective between the Mojo and the Quickstep. If the Quickstep provides a better listening experience for the person that's different, and down to synergy and tastes. The only thing I would say is that the Mojo's 'amp' is not the issue and it can easily drive the X1's with copious amounts of Voltage and Current output to spare, of course not counting the fact that the Mojo doesn't actually have a conventional separate amplifier stage.

Personal preference and measured performance don't always align. Such is life. Personally, almost every time I listen to headphones or source gear that doesn't measure well I tend not to enjoy them, even if I don't know how they measure before I listen to them.

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #32,164 of 42,765
x-post with Relic - exactly! I just prefer it with the amp.. Oh well, thicker stack than I hoped for!

I found the LCD-XC to pair rather unfavourable with the Mojo (and the DAVE), yet enjoyable on other gear, even though they are also an easy load. There are some headphone's that just may not sync well. That said, I still find the Mojo to be exceptional in its category.

May 9, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #32,165 of 42,765
Going off topic - I just noticed that Relic has a quote from Robert M Pirsig - the writer of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - who sadly passed away recently. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance was certainly the best book I read in my 20's, I need to read it again.

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #32,166 of 42,765
Going off topic - I just noticed that Relic has a quote from Robert M Pirsig - the writer of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - who sadly passed away recently. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance was certainly the best book I read in my 20's, I need to read it again.

April 24th was a sad day. You'll likely enjoy the book even more now some years later.

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #32,168 of 42,765
Does it work with OnePlus 3?
Is non-angle version available?

Hi, finally I got this Meenova USB Type-C-to-MicroUSB OTG Cable [http://meenova.com/st/p/mbc_c2mu.html] and it works properly with OP3 Android Nougat (7.x), at least recognizes the Chord Mojo but I get some issues:
- sound level depends on android system sound level, so you can increase/decrease it independently of Mojo's one; with Mojo you can change sound volume over the android baseline
- sound quality is poor, very close (not to say same) than plugging headphones to the android headphone jack

Is Android usb audio drive so poor?
Do I need to configure something inside android? If so, where?
Do I need UAPP to improve this? I have read UAPP does not work with Tidal offline; if so, which other Android USB Audio App/Drive works with Tidal offline?

Thanks.

May 9, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #32,169 of 42,765
Shout out to the iRiver H1x0 folks whom posted. Mojo buttons can be controlled without opening waist pack.

iriver_mojo.png

iriver_back.png

Attachments

• mojo_ultra.png
    mojo_ultra.png
    885.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #32,171 of 42,765
Hi, finally I got this Meenova USB Type-C-to-MicroUSB OTG Cable [http://meenova.com/st/p/mbc_c2mu.html] and it works properly with OP3 Android Nougat (7.x), at least recognizes the Chord Mojo but I get some issues:
- sound level depends on android system sound level, so you can increase/decrease it independently of Mojo's one; with Mojo you can change sound volume over the android baseline
- sound quality is poor, very close (not to say same) than plugging headphones to the android headphone jack

Is Android usb audio drive so poor?
Do I need to configure something inside android? If so, where?
Do I need UAPP to improve this? I have read UAPP does not work with Tidal offline; if so, which other Android USB Audio App/Drive works with Tidal offline?

Thanks.

You might want to check with other OnePlus 3 owners. I run my Mojo with the LG V20 which is also Nougat... and have no problems whatsoever outputting to Tidal, Spotify or anything else. If I load up Onkyo (which like UAPP has a USB driver), then I do have issues outputting to anything outside of their program (until I unload them from memory).

May 11, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #32,173 of 42,765
I recently bought a used Fiio X5 first gen as I was curious if different dap will sound different with the mojo. I have been using an ak120 with my mojo for the last few months with a system.concept optical cable. After fixing up the X5 with the mojo, the sound is so different. It sounds harsher with a sibilant treble. Maybe it's the coaxial cable (from Penon). Actually hoping there will not be much different so that I can sell my ak120 to fund other purchases. Oh well.....

May 11, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #32,174 of 42,765
I recently bought a used Fiio X5 first gen as I was curious if different dap will sound different with the mojo. I have been using an ak120 with my mojo for the last few months with a system.concept optical cable. After fixing up the X5 with the mojo, the sound is so different. It sounds harsher with a sibilant treble. Maybe it's the coaxial cable (from Penon). Actually hoping there will not be much different so that I can sell my ak120 to fund other purchases. Oh well.....

Maybe a difference in config settings & DSP causing pre-DAC processing of the data stream between the AK & FiiO DAPs?

If both were set to default/neutral, you would expect there to be no difference unless AK & FiiO were somehow embedding their own "flavour" of digital data retrieval & presentation.

Could the difference in internal circuitry be a cause? Might the DAPs be trying to present to line-/headphone-out at the same time as data-out be a cause for interference?

Last edited:
May 11, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #32,175 of 42,765
Maybe a difference in config settings & DSP causing pre-DAC processing of the data stream between the AK & FiiO DAPs?

If both were set to default/neutral, you would expect there to be no difference unless AK & FiiO were somehow embedding their own "flavour" of digital data retrieval & presentation.

Could the difference in internal circuitry be a cause? Might the DAPs be trying to present to line-/headphone-out at the same time as data-out be a cause for interference?

As per last bad news on iOS versions breaking ligthning connectivity I am looking for the cheapest DAP (or transport) to pair with Mojo through coax or toslink. It should have Android to run Tidal online and offline. I don't mind the DAC and sound quality of this device as this will be delegated to Mojo. Tidal mandatory and memory for tidal offline or FLAC upload.

Which one do you suggest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back