Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 11, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #30,212 of 42,765
@jark, to compare dac to dac try connecting a high impedance headphones like t1 600ohm directly to auralic Vega RCA out and then to mojo. mojo will easily beat auralic Vega for sound quality . it may be your amp adding some euphonic distortion. did you replace auralic Vega with mojo in your chain ? imho if you like euphonic distortion then replacing auralic Vega with mojo may sound still better to you.

"mojo will easily beat auralic Vega for sound quality"

I have trouble to understand your claim. Based on what? Or is purely your subjective bias opinion?

A more expensive product do not necessarily mean it will sound better than other, but in this case we are talking of a seven times difference.

The Vega is a remarkable DAC, check any review, measurement chart etc

Feb 11, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #30,213 of 42,765

"mojo will easily beat auralic Vega for sound quality"

I have trouble to understand your claim. Based on what? Or is purely your subjective bias opinion?

A more expensive product do not necessarily mean it will sound better than other, but in this case we are talking of a seven times difference.

The Vega is a remarkable DAC, check any review, measurement chart etc

Yes, Vega is an excellent dac I am very familiar with its sound. It could be that Mojo's tuning isn't your cup of tea. If thats the case then you may want to consider auditioning the Hugo since its tonal balance is akin to your Vega. The Hugo 2 is a huge step up from both so if funds aren't an issue the Hugo 2 would be the best bet.

beerchug.gif

Lastly, you could give Mojo some time and see how you like it over the next few weeks. Try changing sources, cables, etc.

Feb 11, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #30,215 of 42,765
Sounds quite nice with my R1s... At healthy volume levels.

Nice! I'm looking to keep a "transportable" setup. I don't often pick up the headphones when sitting at desk or when in front of my stereo... Speakers always win out.

Feb 11, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #30,216 of 42,765
I am convinced that anyone who says the Mojo doesn't sound any different than X DAC simply hasn't spent much time with it.

The more music I play on it, the more I realize how drastically different it is than anything else I've heard.

Feb 11, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #30,217 of 42,765
I am convinced that anyone who says the Mojo doesn't sound any different than X DAC simply hasn't spent much time with it.

The more music I play on it, the more I realize how drastically different it is than anything else I've heard.

Mojo is another league, those who mentioned Mojo sounds similar to other portable DAC are likely due to their iems not resolving enough to pick up details or hearing issues.

Feb 11, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #30,218 of 42,765
Mojo is another league, those who mentioned Mojo sounds similar to other portable DAC are likely due to their iems not resolving enough to pick up details or hearing issues.

Funny thing is—and I've mentioned this before—I can more easily hear the improvements of the Mojo with the $10 Koss KTXPRO1 because I've lived with it for a long time and am intimately familiar with how its sound changes on different gear. With $1,000 headphones, it sounds even more amazing, but I can't always tell which parts of the sound are from the headphones or from the Mojo.

Feb 11, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #30,219 of 42,765

This is a thing that's hard to get to run! 

You have no idea how much time I spent trying to get the demo unit in Romania to connect to my phone... 

In other order of thoughts, headphones not being resolving enough is a problem a lot of times, this is why investing in headphones is very important 
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #30,220 of 42,765
Just got on the Mojo appreciation train having bought one at CanJam NYC; after being floored by how well it drove the Ether Flow C, unlike my M9XX accepts 24-bit/192Khz over optical, and has a battery within it. WOW!

2015 pages in this thread. Pardon if I dont read all up to here. Hahaha. Good thing is at least, this thing is pretty dummy-proof. Nothing to search-for or ask at thing his point.

Feb 11, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #30,221 of 42,765
Just got on the Mojo appreciation train having bought one at CanJam NYC; after being floored by how well it drove the Ether Flow C, unlike my M9XX accepts 24-bit/192Khz over optical, and has a battery within it. WOW!

2015 pages in this thread. Pardon if I dont read all up to here. Hahaha. Good thing is at least, this thing is pretty dummy-proof. Nothing to search-for or ask at thing his point.

Darn. I wanted to go to the NYC CanJam...only about 50 minutes from me. Couldn't make it though. Nice thing is, I just picked up the Mojo as well, should be here early next week. Now, to build new cables! Hehe.

Feb 11, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #30,222 of 42,765
  This is a thing that's hard to get to run! 

You have no idea how much time I spent trying to get the demo unit in Romania to connect to my phone... 

Do you think something could have been wrong with the demo unit?

Someone I know recently auditioned the Hugo 2, but there were technical difficulties so he could barely evaluate it, whereas the Mojo next to it was fine.

Feb 11, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #30,223 of 42,765

Do you think something could have been wrong with the demo unit?

Someone I know recently auditioned the Hugo 2, but there were technical difficulties so he could barely evaluate it, whereas the Mojo next to it was fine.

No idea if that was the case 
frown.gif

Might have been - situation in which I am totally missing the hype on Mojo... 

From what I've seen, I couldn't even get it to run from a MAC from the demo store... 

Feb 11, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #30,224 of 42,765
  No idea if that was the case 
frown.gif

Might have been - situation in which I am totally missing the hype on Mojo... 

From what I've seen, I couldn't even get it to run from a MAC from the demo store... 

Sounds like something was wrong, then. A brand new one should work fine under nearly all circumstances.

Feb 11, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #30,225 of 42,765
Hi Rob! @Rob Watts  @ChordElectronics

New Mojo owner here and I'm lovin it. It's doing a remarkable job in my 2 channel speaker system as a Dac going into my PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium HP integrated.

I understand that 4 clicks down from the 3V preset line level output is roughly 1.9Vrms output.

I understand 3 clicks down is roughly 2.1Vrms output

Can you kindly advise what 2 clicks and also 1 click down, are in terms of Vrms outputs?

Much appreciated in advance :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back