Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 7, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #26,941 of 42,773
Xduoo is fairly well known here. There have been numerous issues with their X3, which seems to only work once Rockboxed. They also seem to have abandoned support for that model, and have released a "better" X10.

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #26,942 of 42,773
@mython, just to let you know the link on the FAQ for the Mojo manual is broken.

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #26,943 of 42,773
One thing I'd like to report about my new Mojo is that it doesn't get very warm at all, even with DSD128 files. My 240SS, however, gets hot when playing DSD128 files (used as a DAP, not just as a transport).

I seem to recall from reading earlier posts that the warmness of the chassis was mentioned on several occasions.

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #26,944 of 42,773
I think I am going to buy another Mojo on Amazon de. However when I try it increases the price.

It starts off being about £360 (421 euros), which immediately becomes £365 when going through checkout. Then there's no free delivery, and the final total comes to £380. OK it's a £20 saving compared to UK prices, but that's not the point. The reason I would buy from Amazon.de this time is because there are no Mojos right now on Amazon.uk. Well non that are Prime - Fullfilled by Amazon. I always buy items that are marked Prime.

I wonder if I will end up with a Mojo with a serial number between headphone ports, because it comes from abroad. I think I should still buy it though.

non-amazon alternatives are:

Mojo + case bundle http://www.renaissens.com/amplis-casques/3657-chord-mojo-etui-avis-test-prix.html#.WEh6IvkrIuU
Mojo + cables bundle http://www.son-video.com/Rayons/DAC-Audio-ampli-casque-mobile/Chord-Mojo.html

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #26,945 of 42,773

I think I am going to buy another Mojo on Amazon de. However when I try it increases the price.

It starts off being about £360 (421 euros), which immediately becomes £365 when going through checkout. Then there's no free delivery, and the final total comes to £380. OK it's a £20 saving compared to UK prices, but that's not the point. The reason I would buy from Amazon.de this time is because there are no Mojos right now on Amazon.uk. Well non that are Prime - Fullfilled by Amazon. I always buy items that are marked Prime.

I wonder if I will end up with a Mojo with a serial number between headphone ports, because it comes from abroad. I think I should still buy it though.

non-amazon alternatives are:

Mojo + case bundle http://www.renaissens.com/amplis-casques/3657-chord-mojo-etui-avis-test-prix.html#.WEh6IvkrIuU
Mojo + cables bundle http://www.son-video.com/Rayons/DAC-Audio-ampli-casque-mobile/Chord-Mojo.html

I have bought a Mojo from Amazon on Amazon.de, tonight thank you. I was taking ages to decide what do, and been thinking about it for ages. The trouble is if I have to return the Mojo to Germany, it will be expensive. Basically fingers crossed it's perfect. Not already opened, or DOA, or such.

NB Thank you folks for the heads up about the XDuoo player.

It leaves me on the lookout for a cheap android phone still I think, as file transport.

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #26,947 of 42,773

I have bought a Mojo from Amazon on Amazon.de, tonight thank you. I was taking ages to decide what do, and been thinking about it for ages. The trouble is if I have to return the Mojo to Germany, it will be expensive. Basically fingers crossed it's perfect. Not already opened, or DOA, or such.

Luckily I spotted son-video selling an ex-demo Mojo, so i snapped it up. I struggled to detect any wear and tear, at some angles and light directions, I half convinced myself that maybe the balls were slightly shiny.
It has worked flawlessly, without any problems, so don't feel too negative towards open box sales. 

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #26,948 of 42,773

Luckily I spotted son-video selling an ex-demo Mojo, so i snapped it up. I struggled to detect any wear and tear, at some angles and light directions, I half convinced myself that maybe the balls were slightly shiny.
It has worked flawlessly, without any problems, so don't feel too negative towards open box sales. 

I don't have negativity towards open box items if they are fine and cheaper. Everyone loves a bargain.

However if they are open it's possible they were returned with fault. It's well documented that retailers try to re-sell items under these circumstances.

I am also worried about how to make a return if I need to, as they will unlikely speak English. It's a gamble that I have taken. Fingers crossed - new, sealed, and perfect.

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #26,950 of 42,773
[/B]

1. Ok. Personally I would then use an USB multimeter to know the current provided to or requested from Mojo.
Those testers are cheap 3-20USD.

2. Ok no change with the items connected. Any change in the way you are powering them? Same AC plug, with without ground, etc...If no change, sorry I have no more suggestions.

Additional question: you wrote that during few months you never or almost never switch Off Mojo,correct?

I have a similar setting except that I connect only one output, and switch off Mojo when not in use. I have been using it since one year with no issue.

Rgds.

1. I will get a tester to monitor the behavior, good idea
2. No change on the output chain at all
Yes, I've been using it non stop in the configuration mentioned before since the end of the summer and it worked perfectly until a few weeks ago. Then it just started to shut down randomly without any apparent reason as mentioned before.

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #26,951 of 42,773

I don't have negativity towards open box items if they are fine and cheaper. Everyone loves a bargain.

However if they are open it's possible they were returned with fault. It's well documented that retailers try to re-sell items under these circumstances.

I am also worried about how to make a return if I need to, as they will unlikely speak English. It's a gamble that I have taken.

If you believe some of the headphone threads, you get the impression that our US cousins return 95% of their headphones after only 15 minutes testing, but it would be easy for a retailer to sell a 'dog' via open-box.

However in contrast the Mojo seems to be almost indestructable, apart from a few posters who have had issues with the battery management circuit (but the batteries were ok), and Chord have sorted things out quickly for these owners. Given the many happy Mojo owners, I doubt that there are many returned open-box Mojos about, and that the odds of buying a faulty mojo open-box would be zero.  
normal_smile .gif

Dec 7, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #26,952 of 42,773
1. I will get a tester to monitor the behavior, good idea
2. No change on the output chain at all
Yes, I've been using it non stop in the configuration mentioned before since the end of the summer and it worked perfectly until a few weeks ago. Then it just started to shut down randomly without any apparent reason as mentioned before.

1. Tester:

2. In case you missed it in post #3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Watts 

.... I am thinking the battery is not holding any charge. 

Try charging overnight with the unit off. The charging circuit looks at the state of the battery before charging. If the battery has a very low voltage, it will trickle charge the battery until it gets to a safe voltage, and then full charge will commence. This trickle charge mode can take several hours, and it is done for safety reasons, and it will appear that the battery is not working as the trickle charge mode takes some time. When in this mode Mojo must be off.

When charging make sure the battery light is white and not flashing - if it flashes, pull out the charging cable, count to ten, re-attach the charging cable. If it continues to flash, it is most likely the charger is not giving 1A at 5V, so use a better charger.

Rob 

Good luck.

Cheers
beerchug.gif

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #26,954 of 42,773
Is no one buying the Mojo and free case from Audio Sanctuary?

Ordered mine early last week. According to tracking, I should be receiving it latest next week. Hopefully by tomorrow so that I can enjoy it over the weekend. :)

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #26,955 of 42,773
Ordered mine early last week. According to tracking, I should be receiving it latest next week. Hopefully by tomorrow so that I can enjoy it over the weekend.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh you'll enjoy it alright! :)
It's an amazing Black box both in sounds and looks. Sure makes my Encores sing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back