Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 4, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #23,656 of 42,765

I assumed it can run just from the USB input (data + operational power?) from the computer, independent from charging the battery. Or do I need to charge it also if the battery is dead? 

It won't charge it like that. If the battery is completely dead and you charge and use it at the same time it will get extremely hot.  Rob has mentioned several times if you want to charge and use at the same time start with a completely charged mojo and you won't have any heat issues.

True :) Never use as desktop mode when Mojo is having Red light.

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #23,657 of 42,765
Nope, just physics and math. Has a little more heft to it than the golden ear theory.

You can get the same measurements with different sound. Just like you can eat 100 calories of chocolate or bread with same outcome of weight measurements. Sure did taste different though.

It's like a calculus problem. Same outcome but different methods to solving the answer. Different thought process involved with different formulas used to solve the answer.

Measurements for audio is not measured by the nanometer. Measurements will get you roughly around the same ballpark, but the problem is our brain and ears are much higher and more sensitive than measurements and we catch it. But the current measurement equipment out there are not that advanced yet.

Oct 5, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #23,660 of 42,765
Does the Mojo drive the Focal Elear well and are they a good pairing?

I am about to buy Elear to listen with my Mojo at office.

Oct 5, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #23,661 of 42,765
Does the Mojo drive the Focal Elear well and are they a good pairing?

There have been a few reports of very happy users with this exact pairing in the Elear thread.

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #23,670 of 42,765
I just got my Chord "Extender Unit" and the accompanying 10 cables I will never use. I like it. Had some issues with the iPhone recognizing the Mojo (using CCK) which never happened before, but now it's working fine... so strange. But I think I have an issue. When I plug in my charging cable to the extender unit, it's not charging the Mojo. Anyone else having this issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back