Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 4, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #23,641 of 42,788
Unfortunately what we believe doesn't change a universal truth. Alas, my BMW still isn't a Ferrari. But hey, we can all dream.
You are dreaming that what you say/think is not only your truth but a universal (Martian) truth.

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #23,644 of 42,788
I just switched back and forth for thr past 30 mins.... Difference between transports is clear to me. Each time. So I'm just dreaming?
Whats wrong with living the dream ?

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #23,647 of 42,788
Hey guys, So I'm close to pulling the trigger on this (to replace my Schiit Modi + M^3 amp) and plan to drive my HD650s. Does the Mojo overheat (shut off?) if left connected to a computer for most of its life? Can I reliably have it 'just work' like any other DAC + amp stack or does it have any peculiarities for its daily operation? Cheers

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #23,648 of 42,788
Hey guys, So I'm close to pulling the trigger on this (to replace my Schiit Modi + M^3 amp) and plan to drive my HD650s. Does the Mojo overheat (shut off?) if left connected to a computer for most of its life? Can I reliably have it 'just work' like any other DAC + amp stack or does it have any peculiarities for its daily operation? Cheers

It'll get pretty warm if you charge it while using it, but I've never gotten overtemp shutdown doing that. You might get some power supply noise too, but probably not noticeable and no worse than any other amp that needs an AC supply. You can just unplug it and use the clean DC from the battery if it bothers you.

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #23,649 of 42,788
It'll get pretty warm if you charge it while using it, but I've never gotten overtemp shutdown doing that. You might get some power supply noise too, but probably not noticeable and no worse than any other amp that needs an AC supply.

Let me guess... You consulted your math?

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #23,654 of 42,788
I assumed it can run just from the USB input (data + operational power?) from the computer, independent from charging the battery. Or do I need to charge it also if the battery is dead? 

Power is separate from the USB input. The VBUS on the data input is only used for automated source selection. It would drain the device if it were used to charge the battery. The power connector on the Mojo is also a USB connector, but used for power only. You can have both connected at the same time if you want.

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #23,655 of 42,788

I assumed it can run just from the USB input (data + operational power?) from the computer, independent from charging the battery. Or do I need to charge it also if the battery is dead? 

It won't charge it like that. If the battery is completely dead and you charge and use it at the same time it will get extremely hot.  Rob has mentioned several times if you want to charge and use at the same time start with a completely charged mojo and you won't have any heat issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back