Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 28, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #21,841 of 42,765
Aug 28, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #21,842 of 42,765
as always, when i embolden it's not to scream: just have certain points stand out in my longer post.

feel free to skip to songs and video below while reading.

When I get the new module I'll anoit it with love by playing some music by one of Canada's top bands
 The Tragically Hip, who've  been around 32 yrs, and winner of 14 juno awards (basically our canadian grammys)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tragically_Hip

Hip lead singer Gord Downie has an incurable and super aggressive brain cancer
 called glioblastoma...(hence the fedora to cover up
the surgery to remove the brain tumour... but also to go own with some fashionable bang)
...he had 3-4 different coloured [COLOR=6A6A6A]Lamé[/COLOR][COLOR=545454] [/COLOR] fabric suits made up for the tour.  
[COLOR=6A6A6A]Lamé[/COLOR][COLOR=545454] [/COLOR]...so Elvis retro like!:beerchug:

each concert was immediately sold out...many many tears of both gratitude and sadness
were shed at each one, too by the fans in attendance.

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

despite having the tumour removed during surgery 8 or so months ago, then followed by many bouts of chemo and radiation therapy,
it came back (****** CANCER!)

nonetheless, and given their new album 'the man in machine poem' had come out 
'Downie  the band decided to courageously stay on course and launch a small, (and what many feel is their final farewell) tour across western/central /Canada
to say goodbye and thanks to their fans...it was recorded by our CBC (basically think BBC or ABC)

their final stop, a show in Kingston, Ontario (the band's hometown) happened just last weekend on Aug 20, and was watched by some
11.7 million fans across Canada (hell that is 1/3 of our population)....hope it will be released internationally shortly so
you can all see it...was bitter sweet watching Downie up there, giving it all he could, looking a bit frail, often having to rely on monitors for the words.
even our PM Justin Trudeau attended (as did Geddy Lee of Rush), among other VIPs in the music industry.

Anyway, before watching the concert I wasn't a huge Hipster...sure i had their live CD and knew of some of their tunes, but didn't know their lineage in depth.
My perspective and respect and embrace of them is now totally different, post concert, such that I just ordered some CDs and will (for the first time) download them.

in the attempt to try to turn on my UK, Aussie, Kiwi and southern (US) cousins, I dare you to listen to any of these 4 classic Hip tunes I've provided links to
...listen a few times and I dare you to not fall in love with them.
50 mission cap, courage, and then ' ahead by a century ', imo a  kick-ass classic  that, sure, starts out softly
acoustically/bluesy enough and then picks up steam with powerful rhythm guitar riffs and dumming to punch into your emotions and take you along for a fab ride, as in a Maserati.
(see video at bottom).

50 mission cap  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-t8W4X8Obo&ab_channel=GordonYYZ
Courage  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOgFnO4EXRg&ab_channel=GordonYYZ
Bobcaygeon
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6QDjDPRF5c&ab_channel=TheTragicallyHipVEVO
Ahead by a century;  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE2joQsWXJg&ab_channel=TheTragicallyHipVEVO

Note: in this hamilton ont aug 16th concert (so not the final kingston concert on aug 20th) 
 the final 'GOODBYE'  closing tune is 'Ahead by a century' ...it was wonderfully drawn out with some FAB guitar playing so Downie
could have time to 'say goodbye' to the crowd for the final time...very poignant. 
i could watch it 20 x cranked full and not tire of it.

God bless you, Gordie!...may you and all those
close to you have much TLC in the coming days ahead.

while I love Rush (as you all know) the Hip reaches into my core on a more emotional, visceral level..maybe it is because of Downie's situation, I don't know.
haven't figured it out yet.

lastly if you can see the CBC concert online somehow, get the tissues handy when Downie loses it during the end of 'Grace, too' (around 2hr 19 min mark).... you'll probably get equally gutted as he starts crying/screaming into the mic:  you can just feel all that raw vulnerability, sadness and anger spill out, given the tragic hand dealt to him...you just want to reach out and hug the guy.:triportsad:  
50 mission cap sounds very good.

Aug 28, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #21,844 of 42,765
You are in the bakery and you are asking where you can buy bread my friend.. Use the 'Search the Thread' function on top or bottom of this page and search for "HD800". You should be able to find some info.

Another option might be Vorzamp Pure II Plus. I heard it is a small and powerful device. Not sure of its capability to drive the HD800s. But you can check out in its respective thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/698734/vorz-ge-vorzamp-pure-ii-review-and-impressions

Will do, thanks.

Aug 28, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #21,845 of 42,765
I got some quality listening time with the Mojo over the weekend and I really fell in love with it. Or more specifically fell in love with my music all over again. I wouldn't say it's necessarily a night and day difference in quality but any apparent rough edges or deficiencies in the music are now gone and everything is in high detail unless of course the recording is poorly done but you can hear that too. 

Aug 29, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #21,851 of 42,765
It's not working.
Battery full...
try to play 192k
power button still red color....
no sound......
plug and unplug usb cable...
restarting.....
still no sound......
:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

I'm sorry to hear that.. Are you sure the source you are using is not downsampling from 192 to 44.1?

If you think that your source is not down sampling/converting from 192 to 44.1, yet the ball is glowing in red, there might be a problem with your unit and, you may want to contact your dealer or retailer for a replacement or repair.

Aug 29, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #21,853 of 42,765
I did try to email to Sonic Electronix...
Try to see tomorrow, if they email me back...
I bought in March 29, 2016...
See tomorrow....

If you bought from Sonic Electronix, just give them a call tomorrow. The will create a return authorization and you just have to ship it to them. I was having a problem with my unit and they replaced it for free, except for the shipping. You have to pay for to and fro shipping. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back