Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 30, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #20,686 of 42,765
  Some Mojo eye candy for the thread.

Here's a little bit of Mojo eye candy too then.

Picture shows Mojo with its QED Reference Audio J2P cable which goes to the amp in my active speakers. There's showing the bottom of PC monitor, and my Meridian Explorer, just behind my Mojo.

You can see the lower part of my Q Acoustics BT3 (left) desktop speaker, which is set on bubble-wrap and foam for acoustics. It's to stop the speaker loosing energy into the desk, and therefor making the desk boom, which would muddy sound. (I need a better solution than foam though really.)

Jul 30, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #20,687 of 42,765

Picture shows Mojo with its QED Reference Audio J2P cable which goes to the amp in my active speakers. There's showing the bottom of PC monitor, and my Meridian Explorer, just behind my Mojo.

You can see the lower part of my Q Acoustics BT3 (left) desktop speaker, which is set on bubble-wrap and foam for acoustics. It's to stop the speaker loosing energy into the desk, and therefor making the desk boom, which would muddy sound. (I need a better solution than foam though really.)

Check if there is anything on this thread which can help you with acoustic isolation.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/accoustic-isolation-bookshelf-speakers

Jul 30, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #20,688 of 42,765
I'm looking forward to the connection module. While the Mojo is extremely rugged, (in my personal experience) the USB input is very sensitive to jostling. Any sort of movement of the connector will cause the music to drop out. It appears that this new module will completely solve this issue for me. 

I'm also very interested in the removable media module. My iPhone is stuffed to the gills, but it only holds 20% of my collection. 

@Mojo ideas -- Will there be a version of the removable media module that incorporates the connection function? While it seems possible one could stack modules, that might be unwieldy. 

Jul 30, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #20,691 of 42,765
Just got a used Mojo. Is the vol. + ball supposed to be difficult to roll? If it's unintentional, is there any way to make it smoother to roll?

It's not a precision fit with the plastic balls. The unit I have was more difficult to roll at first, but over time loosened up. Since it has zero bearing on functionality I don't see a concern, for myself anyway.

Jul 30, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #20,692 of 42,765
Just got a used Mojo. Is the vol. + ball supposed to be difficult to roll? If it's unintentional, is there any way to make it smoother to roll?

How do you like it?

Jul 31, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #20,693 of 42,765

Not necessarily. I've seen some expensive solutions for this that, when you get down to it, are nothing more than what you've already got, but just cut a little nicer.

Personally I use these as they allow me to angle my monitors, but a carefully cut piece of stiff packing foam like you have already would do exactly the same job, but without the flexibility.

Jul 31, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #20,694 of 42,765

I remember that early in the life of this thread, there was a post about someone finding the balls were a bit stiff to move. I think the Chord advice was that the balls would gradually 'wear in' with use, and become looser.

It doesn't affect the functionality, so just give the balls a few weeks to wear in.  

Jul 31, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #20,696 of 42,765
Not necessarily. I've seen some expensive solutions for this that, when you get down to it, are nothing more than what you've already got, but just cut a little nicer.

Personally I use these as they allow me to angle my monitors, but a carefully cut piece of stiff packing foam like you have already would do exactly the same job, but without the flexibility.

With reference to my picture quoted three posts above,

Yeah I mean although I want another solution, I will probably keep what I have. I thought of crafting some wood, with a few layers of Dynomat and some tidy foam on it. Or some more substantial more solid foam which is at least tidier. Or at the very least something that doesn't need messing about with if I move it.  ...I had not seen these acoustic solutions that you and @miketlse posted.

Without digressing from the Mojo topic though, I should say what this little rig sounds like. Outstanding. I can not believe it. Putting the Mojo on something half-decent in quality, with quality cables, is a winner. The soundstage is off the charts, when you consider the depth, width, and height, of the image. There are some incredible subtleties, though my 225e sometimes pick up the odd detail that the speakers don't. (The speakers have their pros too though.)...Needless to say, PC gaming is mind-blowing on these speakers.

Being up close loses a little bass but if I sit back in my chair it's all there. Something to do with distance from speakers or triangle between me and the speakers. Sitting back in another seating position away from the desk is something else entirely. The soundstage is like a 3D picture, of moving sound.

I should also repeat that good cabling makes all the difference and improves this set up by 40% at least. With cheap cabling, like connecting right active to left passive, and the jack to phono, it's a different situation. The tones are there, but many of the nuances are lost, and there is a dullness and lack of excitement.

Jul 31, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #20,697 of 42,765
I am using my windows 10 PC, to drive my mojo via optical with no problems.

If you plug an optical cable into your PC, can you see the red light at the other end of the cable?

Yes, optical works fine with windows 10 using realtek drivers. But Chord drivers do not show up with optical - only with usb connection. I would like to use Chord drivers through optical as well.

Jul 31, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #20,699 of 42,765

I still don't know why people do not use good old school backpacks. It's convinient, plenty of room.

Finally found way to post photos, I think.

A different approach to mobile carry, allowing flexibility in sitting, standing, kneeling, etc.
I wear iem's over ear, down back and route through belt loops to control pressure at USB connectors and limit cable bind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back