Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 19, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #17,821 of 42,765
How are you android guys using spotify with the mojo?

Or am I reading things wrong....

You can generally use any audio player with an external DAC on most recent Android builds, you just need to connect it via a suitable OTG cable and off you go.  You won't get bit-perfect playback, since the default audio stack will up-sample to either 96 or 192 KHz (depending on your phone/DAP) whether you want it to or not, but just getting it to play should be straightforward.

May 19, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #17,822 of 42,765
$100 for a case.... I'll pass & wait for the module.

same here, so many possibilities with the module, can't wait for an update. The Mojo is too precious to carry around, god have mercy if I damage it or lose it. PC to mojo, outputing to headphones and speaker amp, gotta love the 2 outputs. Never far away from a charger too. Bliss....

May 19, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #17,823 of 42,765

You can generally use any audio player with an external DAC on most recent Android builds, you just need to connect it via a suitable OTG cable and off you go.  You won't get bit-perfect playback, since the default audio stack will up-sample to either 96 or 192 KHz (depending on your phone/DAP) whether you want it to or not, but just getting it to play should be straightforward.

I cant get tidal or spotify to work natively on my v10 or g3, v10 is on 6.0.

tidal works thru uapp, but I don't like uapp...

May 19, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #17,824 of 42,765

I cant get tidal or spotify to work natively on my v10 or g3, v10 is on 6.0.

tidal works thru uapp, but I don't like uapp...

Make sure you've properly exited UAPP (not just switched to a different app), otherwise it'll hold on to the DAC and it won't be available for the standard audio stack.

Beyond that, I don't know what to suggest.  I've seen the Mojo work straight out of the G3 with a proper OTG cable.  I know some OTG cables seem to have issues (whether that's a quality issue or a configuration of the cable issue, I can't say).

You can try restarting the phone, then plugging in the Mojo, powering up the Mojo and finally launching Spotify.

Can't help you beyond that - don't have an Android device to hand any more.

May 19, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #17,826 of 42,765
  same here, so many possibilities with the module, can't wait for an update. The Mojo is too precious to carry around, god have mercy if I damage it or lose it. PC to mojo, outputing to headphones and speaker amp, gotta love the 2 outputs. Never far away from a charger too. Bliss....

Well said! 

Our 'music night' means too old people lying on the couch, one at each end, with Mojo in between. Both in ear headphones same OHM.  One week she chooses the album, the next week I choose.  We begin with an intro (history, interesting facts, etc) and play an album or set list straight through.  It's really nice.  

Our second major use for the two inputs is at youth hockey games where parents think that the poorer their parenting skills, the less it will be evident if they scream the loudest (or something like that) which gets not only annoying but vile and even to the point of being removed. 

When a parent escalates, we put Mojo on, headphones on, and sit or stand next to each other and quietly clap for ours, while enjoying music without hearing things you do not ever want to hear!  

It's a great tool and I share your description of "bliss."  

May 19, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #17,827 of 42,765

Well said! 

Our 'music night' means too old people lying on the couch, one at each end, with Mojo in between. Both in ear headphones same OHM.  One week she chooses the album, the next week I choose.  We begin with an intro (history, interesting facts, etc) and play an album or set list straight through.  It's really nice.  

Our second major use for the two inputs is at youth hockey games where parents think that the poorer their parenting skills, the less it will be evident if they scream the loudest (or something like that) which gets not only annoying but vile and even to the point of being removed. 

When a parent escalates, we put Mojo on, headphones on, and sit or stand next to each other and quietly clap for ours, while enjoying music without hearing things you do not ever want to hear!  

Precisely why I don't attend many of these sort of "event's", hate people like that.  We had one in our jiu jitsu class last week, first time their kid attended.  Went crazy. Got kicked out. It was gleeful.

May 19, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #17,828 of 42,765
May 19, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #17,832 of 42,765
Just ordered one. About to find out what the hype is all about. 
tongue.gif

May 19, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #17,833 of 42,765

Well said! 

The safest Dac/amp prevention against menage a trois, should be mandatory gift to every wedding :)

May 19, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #17,835 of 42,765
Just got mine in a trade for my LCD2, this thing is glorious, I have listened to it through my iPhone with Tidal, using either my Audeze Sine or my Noble K10u, really beautiful, soundstage presence detail, bass, hard to describe how good this is. When I listen to it more, I'll leave more impressions. However, does any one know if the Pono can be connected to this with a simple interconnect in single ended mode (I know it can't be connected in balanced mode). Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back