Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 7, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #17,326 of 42,788
Same here with my iPhone 6s but I just enable airport mode.
Regarding EMI:
Apple method is by putting a layer of metal on PCB. https://shop.icracked.com/products/iphone-4s-emf-shield I am not an expert on electromagnetism, so I don't know how effective it is.

I'm not picking a side, but I feel that this RF problem is quite exaggerated. I don't think mojo is overrated/overhyped as it sounds the best among sub $1k (or maybe more) DACs. Do you worry about EMI?

May 7, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #17,328 of 42,788
asio is the most direct connection with mojo. you can even disable all sound devices in sound mixer including mojo itself . volume slider does not have any effect using asio.

wasapi works the same way too, just for different generation of windows

May 7, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #17,329 of 42,788
No matter the OS, OSX or Windows, if you aren't running a program that outputs the sampling rate from the file then the sampling rate that is defined in the system audio settings will be used. For OSX I use Audirvanna+. I don't know about Windows audio software but I imagine a program like Foobar or JRiver would be an option.

Relic,

Can you explain the benefit of using Audirvanna +?

I have Mac OSX (macbook pro) + Tidal + Mojo

They offer a 15 day trial and I'd like to try.   I see that it takes the Tidal streaming directly and organizes it but will this give better fidelity?

Thanks.  

PS:  Larvicable working out nicely.  
rolleyes.gif

May 7, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #17,330 of 42,788
Ok thanks for confirming, what are the main benefits from the E5 in your experience?

For TV (movies) eq, to add some much needed bass to the sound. It also has settings to clear the voice.

Music, also to add bass. I have to play with the eq a little more though.

Pics? Not your usual badly taken pics please. :blush::blush:

Lol. Tonight, I'll take some professional type photos, just for you. :wink:

May 7, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #17,332 of 42,788
I'm using a Toslink cable to 3.5 SPDIF on my laptop to connect the mojo and I have set the output to 96K in Windows sound settings, but the power LED is always green even if I play 44K files. Any suggestions?

You should set Windows sound default (shared mode) to 44.1. Also, your software should send a bit-perfect signal to the Mojo. JRiver MC 21 or Foobar2000 should be able to do this in Kernel Streaming, WASAPI or ASIO modes.

May 7, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #17,333 of 42,788

The blue ball is because OS X is upsampling the audio out to 192K from the 44.1K that Tidal is streaming to you. To fix it, open the Audio MIDI Setup app in your Utilities folder and set the Mojo feed to 44,100.0 Hz in the Output section. That will remove the upsampling and the Mojo ball should show red. I can't say for sure if it will fix your popping and cracking, but my guess is that it should help.

That seems like it worked, I don't hear anymore popping and cracking.. So why would it try to scale up to 192hz instead of the 44.1 hz it is streaming at?

May 7, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #17,334 of 42,788
  That seems like it worked, I don't hear anymore popping and cracking.. So why would it try to scale up to 192hz instead of the 44.1 hz it is streaming at?

it's the same situation as native android OTG out

May 7, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #17,336 of 42,788
I had it the other way.  Are you going from mojo, to E5, to IEM's?  I tried E5 optical, to the mojo, to the IEM's. I'll have to try it that way.

Yes because of my wire selection. I have a long wire, which is regular optical on both ends. That goes to mojo, then line out of mojo to the line in of E5. I wasn't able to get the digital out working to the Mojo from the E5.

From what we've discussed you should prefer my way anyway.

May 7, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #17,337 of 42,788
Can anyone confirm if Hiby (iOS version) can send the correct Sample Rate to the mojo? Because I tested it with a couple of 96Khz files and the LED is still red instead of green

May 7, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #17,338 of 42,788

The "why" is only known to the OS X developers. Probably has to do with the design being more for creating music than streaming music. I just know that it will output whatever sampling rate is set and that Rob said that is not best for the Mojo.

May 7, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #17,339 of 42,788
Yes because of my wire selection. I have a long wire, which is regular optical on both ends. That goes to mojo, then line out of mojo to the line in of E5. I wasn't able to get the digital out working to the Mojo from the E5.

From what we've discussed you should prefer my way anyway.

​I tried it that way for a little bit, I'll have to experiment more.  Battery was low on the mojo so I am charging it now.  I like it, but I have my other stack dialed, and I will have to mess with the EQ more.  I think the X1 player is up-sampling, or the mojo is up-samping and I am getting some noise.  Unfortunately the X1 player has some noise from Spotify as well, but the E5 corrects it somehow. 

I'll try the mojo super stack again with my note 4 as the source, and try to fix the up-sampling like is being discussed.  I think the note 4/E5/mojo might be the right combo for the phone, but I am becoming more impressed with the sound of the X1 with the E5 alone.  I think after they fix a few things on the X1 it may take off. 

May 7, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #17,340 of 42,788
I had some noise with the E5 mojo stack as well. It was intolerable. I was able to fix it fortunately by reducing the volume on the E5 and compensating with the Mojo. I plan on listening more later today with the E5 mojo stack with music, not movies. For movies, the E5 definitely adds another dimension to the sound. I don't think I could go back to movies without the Creative E5. It also has the surround sound settings, which are a nice touch.

As far as the music, there is tremendous amounts of bass with the E5, if that's what you want. Mojo is clearly clearer (sorry, I couldn't resist that silly wording), but the E5 adds to the mix. I'm unsure if I am able to replicate what the E5 brings by equing through Neutron. If I am able to, no need for the double stack. More play time... Of course my loaner ifi micro idsd came today as well... So I'm all over the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back