Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 6, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #17,298 of 42,765
I think Dignis should create a Leather case to protect my Mojo in the new $95 Chord case.  I wouldn't want the Chord case to get scratched.

May 6, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #17,300 of 42,765

Finally joined the Mojo club :D

By the way, I only charged it for 6 hours but the charging LED stopped blinking, can I use it now or should I wait 4 more hours?

May 6, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #17,301 of 42,765

Finally joined the Mojo club
biggrin.gif

By the way, I only charged it for 6 hours but the charging LED stopped blinking, can I use it now or should I wait 4 more hours?

You can use it once the charging light goes out.

Oddly enough, even with a 12W (2.1A) charger, my Mojo always takes 6 hours to charge from empty and, even when I've only run it for a few minutes, at least a couple of hours to charge then also.

May 6, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #17,302 of 42,765
[..]

Oddly enough, even with a 12W (2.1A) charger, my Mojo always takes 6 hours to charge from empty and, even when I've only run it for a few minutes, at least a couple of hours to charge then also.

That's actually a good thing - at least considering the battery life. The last few % of capacity have to be charged with much smaller current to avoid damaging the battery. The discharge of course happens always at the same rate.

May 6, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #17,303 of 42,765
Need some help.

So I have had the chord mojo for about 24 hours

Right now having macbook feed through the USB C to USB cable to the Mojo through tidal. I notice some songs are popping and cracking.

It is not the headphones because they do not do this at home.

Any ideas?

May 6, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #17,304 of 42,765

Finally joined the Mojo club :D

If the charging light is blinking while connected to the charging port then you aren't feeding it a minimum of 1A, no matter what your charger says. A fully charged battery displays a blue LED light beneath the USB charging port when it's unplugged.

Please make sure you are actually charging the Mojo with a SOLID white charging LED, and that the LED is BLUE when disconnected to indicate a full charge.

May 6, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #17,305 of 42,765
  Need some help.

So I have had the chord mojo for about 24 hours

Right now having macbook feed through the USB C to USB cable to the Mojo through tidal. I notice some songs are popping and cracking.

It is not the headphones because they do not do this at home.

Any ideas?

Also something else to add to my own post.

When plugged into the macbook light is blue streaming tidal. When plugged into iphone 6 light is red streaming tidal. The iphone does not cause any popping or cracking which leads me to believe that it is something I am doing differently. Any thoughts and help would be greatly appreciate.

May 6, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #17,306 of 42,765
Chord posted the price will be $95.  Kinda steep if you ask me.

Very steep. I'm probably getting anyway, I like the look and design, only to be another waste once their modules are released.

Been watching movies with the Mojo, quite the experience. Absolutely love it. Took it a step further too, added the Creative E5 to the mix for eq purposes for movies. It does introduce some noise unfortunately, but once I lowered the E5 volume it went away, otherwise I wouldn't be able to tolerate it.

Mojo-E5-Tralucent Ref 1 Too. Breathtaking. Love movies with iems/headphones. Doesn't get much better. You can hear every little detail. Was watching a talk show, and you could literally hear the breathing and little noises people make with their mouths when talking.

May 6, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #17,307 of 42,765
Very steep. I'm probably getting anyway, I like the look and design, only to be another waste once their modules are released.

Been watching movies with the Mojo, quite the experience. Absolutely love it. Took it a step further too, added the Creative E5 to the mix for eq purposes for movies. It does introduce some noise unfortunately, but once I lowered the E5 volume it went away, otherwise I wouldn't be able to tolerate it.

Mojo-E5-Tralucent Ref 1 Too. Breathtaking. Love movies with iems/headphones. Doesn't get much better. You can hear every little detail. Was watching a talk show, and you could literally hear the breathing and little noises people make with their mouths when talking.

Yeah with this at $95 I hate to see what the sd card reader module is going to be.

May 7, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #17,308 of 42,765

When plugged into the macbook light is blue streaming tidal. When plugged into iphone 6 light is red streaming tidal. The iphone does not cause any popping or cracking which leads me to believe that it is something I am doing differently. Any thoughts and help would be greatly appreciate.

Check Audio MIDI & Tidal settings.

MIDI: set Mojo as default audio output (notification doesn't matter).

Tidal: go to preference > streaming > choose Mojo > choose settings symbol on the right > tick both of 2 boxes.

May 7, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #17,309 of 42,765

The blue ball is because OS X is upsampling the audio out to 192K from the 44.1K that Tidal is streaming to you. To fix it, open the Audio MIDI Setup app in your Utilities folder and set the Mojo feed to 44,100.0 Hz in the Output section. That will remove the upsampling and the Mojo ball should show red. I can't say for sure if it will fix your popping and cracking, but my guess is that it should help.

May 7, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #17,310 of 42,765
I'm using a Toslink cable to 3.5 SPDIF on my laptop to connect the mojo and I have set the output to 96K in Windows sound settings, but the power LED is always green even if I play 44K files. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back