Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 25, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #16,666 of 42,765
  Ive never heard the hugo but people who have both are saying that the hugo is more analytical and more detailed than mojo. It could just be the difference in sound signiture that they're hearing but a greater tap length should account for more depth so if the mojo does indeed have more taps in theory it should be "better" than hugo. But only John and Rob know the tap length.

There are design differences in Mojo and Hugo beyond tap count. The noise shapers and number of elements in the WTA I think. These differences probably all contribute to the difference in sound signatures.

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #16,667 of 42,765
  With the tape mod I felt it was dangerously close to the accuracy of my HD 700. The mids and vocals sound intimate,sweet, and smooth. Without it, there was too much mid base bloat and the vocals were more laid back.  I drove them with my LG V10 and with my Oppo BDP 105 blueray player and the sound felt more analytical but less enjoyful. It lost this certain warmth and smoothness that the mojo was delivering. 

Very nice. Yes, with my IE80, sometimes I prefer the smoother sound of my iPhone than the X3ii, although X3ii beats the iPhone in terms of transparency. From what I gather, Mojo seems to possess both these qualities. 

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #16,668 of 42,765
hi, I'd like to ask.
Why I can't hear any sound while connecting mojo to my laptop, when I playing video from youtube?
and when I want to watch my films, the sound didn't comes out.
but in foobar2000, everything is ok
any solution?
thanks

Apr 25, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #16,669 of 42,765
  hi, I'd like to ask.
Why I can't hear any sound while connecting mojo to my laptop, when I playing video from youtube?
any solution?
thanks

Is Mojo the default playback device?

You may have to switch the playback device in your web browser and video playback software to Mojo, Or, just simply set Mojo as your system default playback device.

Apr 25, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #16,671 of 42,765
hi, I'd like to ask.
any solution?
thanks

Hey there

If you have foobar set via wasapi or asio to output to mojo then while foobar is open only sound from foobar will be directed to the mojo. If you close foobar and the mojo is set in Windows as default per direct sound then audio witll then channel through mojo as normal.

Apr 25, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #16,673 of 42,765
Apr 25, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #16,674 of 42,765
Nice, i also njoy a lot the Mojo with Zen 2, cygnus, dark horse 400 Ohms, ting, Monk. Monk+ are on the way :)
great:) you know when i bought the VE came with them a pair of Baldoor E100 for free...this are the best cheap earbuds i ever heard , with the foams on what a full bodied sound...by the way you use the VE with the donuts? I find out that it works best with ribber rims, and works very good with Mojo

Apr 25, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #16,675 of 42,765

Nice, i also njoy a lot the Mojo with Zen 2, cygnus, dark horse 400 Ohms, ting, Monk. Monk+ are on the way
smily_headphones1.gif

great:) you know when i bought the VE came with them a pair of Baldoor E100 for free...this are the best cheap earbuds i ever heard , with the foams on what a full bodied sound...by the way you use the VE with the donuts? I find out that it works best with ribber rims, and works very good with Mojo

I dont use donut foam, it's difficult to have at one place, so i use Hiegi Full ear foam, also i feel with full earfoams, i get the bass response better :)
With my Zen 2, i got a Monk as complimentary.

Apr 25, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #16,676 of 42,765
I found something weird with my x5ii + mojo, i have this particular album i got from hdtracks that is 24/48,and is shown on my player correctly, but mojo is red led 44.1 and why is that?is it the mojo detected it is actually a 44.1 khz file instead?

Apr 25, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #16,677 of 42,765
Hey there

If you have foobar set via wasapi or asio to output to mojo then while foobar is open only sound from foobar will be directed to the mojo. If you close foobar and the mojo is set in Windows as default per direct sound then audio witll then channel through mojo as normal.

thanks.
gonna try this.

Apr 25, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #16,678 of 42,765
I found something weird with my x5ii + mojo, i have this particular album i got from hdtracks that is 24/48,and is shown on my player correctly, but mojo is red led 44.1 and why is that?is it the mojo detected it is actually a 44.1 khz file instead?

48 kHz and 44.1 kHz sampling rate indicators look very similar. The 48 kHz should be slightly more orange, but still looks red-ish on mine.

Apr 25, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #16,679 of 42,765
48 kHz and 44.1 kHz sampling rate indicators look very similar. The 48 kHz should be slightly more orange, but still looks red-ish on mine.

i really couldn't see the difference, that's why i had to ask

Apr 25, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #16,680 of 42,765
i really couldn't see the difference, that's why i had to ask

It's quite difficult to see the difference, which I why I replied that mine still looks red(ish). Basically I think your unit is fine as it's a very subtle shift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back