Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 12, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #15,766 of 42,765
Someone just asked about how the Noble BTS paired with the JH Angie so I tested it. All I will say is that it sure is convenient. :wink:

Next, for reference, I plugged the Angie in to the iPhone 5S and was floored at how bad it sounded compared to what I've been used to with the Mojo. Bloated bass, edgy / undefined treble, flat mids, flat soundstage. I really don't remember the iPhone 5S sounding this bad. Once again, after acclimating to a certain level of quality it's nice to remind the brain what it used to think sounded... not bad. Plugging back in to the Mojo was like coming home.

Apr 12, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #15,768 of 42,765
Hi! First post here. Wow, what a thread I must say!
The reason I'm writing here is because I'm about get a Mojo for personal use mostly, but I'm playing in a band and we're using in-ear minitoring, so I'm wondering if I can use it to connect from a mixer (AUX-output XLR) to the Mojo somehow. I assume it would be analog to digital since Mojo doesn't have an analog input, does that even work??

Link to mixer:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/XR18

Thanks!

Apr 12, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #15,769 of 42,765
Hey Guys,

I just received some small ferrite cores for my micro USB to Micro USB OTG cable.
Could you please suggest which side i should clip this ferrite core, the micro usb side of Mojo or the micro usb side of my Source/mobile ?

Apr 12, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #15,770 of 42,765
Just bought another Mojo and wondered if I could ask a quick question re. the line out when I want to use as a DAC to feed another amp?

I know that holding down both volume buttons during power up sets a fixed output of 3Vrms and that you can swap to 1.9Vrms with 4 clicks. Possibly a silly question but is that 4 clicks of both buttons or just the vol down button?

Thank you :)

Apr 12, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #15,771 of 42,765
  Just bought another Mojo and wondered if I could ask a quick question re. the line out when I want to use as a DAC to feed another amp?

I know that holding down both volume buttons during power up sets a fixed output of 3Vrms and that you can swap to 1.9Vrms with 4 clicks. Possibly a silly question but is that 4 clicks of both buttons or just the vol down button?

volume down

Apr 12, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #15,774 of 42,765
Hey everyone,

Mojo owner here. Does anyone know what's Mojo's output power at a 50ohm load? If so, is it in RMS value or peak power?
I'm away from the lab I used to work so can't make measurements myself. Probably @Rob Watts can help me here
biggrin.gif

Enjoying the sound quality of the Mojo since 3 months now, both on my notebook (toslink optical) and Galaxy S5 (USB OTG)

Felix

Apr 12, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #15,775 of 42,765

Be mindful that once you've adjusted to 1.9V, the Mojo remembers the position you set, so when you power it back on normally, it'll still output 1.9V. This is a gentle reminder so you don't accidentally kill any of your equipment and your ears

Apr 12, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #15,776 of 42,765
I have done a quick measurement; with 30 ohms it is 4.25v RMS so that is 600 mW. For 50 ohms, I would expect 4.6v RMS or 423 mW RMS. This is with Mojo in blue battery, and at 1% THD with a continuous sine wave, power is RMS.

Rob 

Apr 12, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #15,777 of 42,765

Hey Guys,

I just received some small ferrite cores for my micro USB to Micro USB OTG cable.
Could you please suggest which side i should clip this ferrite core, the micro usb side of Mojo or the micro usb side of my Source/mobile ?

Since you said cores, I would do it both ends...

Thank YOU very much ROB for the quick reply.
Thank you :) I will use 2 Ferrite cores then one on each end of Micro USB cable.

Apr 12, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #15,778 of 42,765
Apr 12, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #15,779 of 42,765
Be mindful that once you've adjusted to 1.9V, the Mojo remembers the position you set, so when you power it back on normally, it'll still output 1.9V. This is a gentle reminder so you don't accidentally kill any of your equipment and your ears

I had a Mojo just after launch so was aware but I appreciate the heads up!

My Pandora Hope VI would likely be fried by 1.9V so always ensure to reset the volume before I power off. I'm sure it's the sort of mistake you'd only make once :D 

Apr 12, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #15,780 of 42,765
 This is a post.

It has context.
Folks can try and replicate it.
Thumbs up!

Citing the main attribute as a weak point kinda blows my mind. I want to hear specifics. Folks talk way too light and walk back from their claims with a smirk and a shrug after countless folks already spent money partially based on those words. And others make odd claims with no context or way to agree or refute.
This is a hobby but an expensive one and folks who will never join this site spend hard earned cash on those words.

Thanks for a good post among many including mine....less than helpful ones.

This will be my last post here as i am in process of obtaining a review sample. Will write my further findings there. Also ppl are too defensive here and dont intend to disturb natural order here.

My point is, anything thats not music, be it shifting of chair, chatter from public, cough etc is reproduced with startling clarity in mojo.

But i think it almost starts taking center stage, beside music performance. This i find a bit unnatural. Cause obviously its minor sound and should be in background. This happened to me in most recordings. So no need for a list.

I will review it and then take final call. Maybe i will find it different on longer listen. I have no doubt mojo is excellent in what it does well.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back