Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 19, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #13,801 of 42,765
I cannot tell the difference between flac and apple 256. This is usually Mojo and some very revealing headphones. Mp3 320 is easy to pick out with the Mojo, but I cannot pick out the apple 256.

Mar 19, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #13,802 of 42,765
Well as a 950XL & Mojo owner I can state they do not work together. I've sent Chord an email. I'm rather disappointed since now the Mojo will either remain by my laptop or I will have to throw the SIM card back into my Android HTC One M8 for on-the-go listening bliss. It looks like the Chord website no longer specifically names Windows Phone as a compatible device: "Chord Electronics is proud to introduce Mojo, the ultimate DAC/Headphone Amplifier for your smartphone. Simply connect Mojo to your iPhone, Android phone, PC, or Mac, plug in your headphones..."

Are you using an OTG specific USB cable?

Edit: Found this with a 2 second search, but I've never used a Windows phone so you'll have to just try it. $6.50 is an easy pill to swallow.
http://mspoweruser.com/usb-otg-cable-for-the-lumia-950xl-pops-up-on-amazon-com/

If this cable doesn't work there are other ones to try. They'll be listed in the third post of this thread. I've briefly seen in my 2 second search various reports around the web that the 950XL does support USB OTG audio.

Mar 19, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #13,803 of 42,765
Well then, once again you must be doing everything right and experiencing something totally different than the rest of us.

Are you sure you actually pay for the hifi tidal and not just the 320 tidal?

No breath wasted in typing :p

Yes I purchased the hifi package it's 19 99 a month and I made sure all settings in both uapp and tidal app are set on the hifi setting, mojo displays a blue light still, it sounds good, but I want to get a bitperfect setting, you know? Why not?

Mar 19, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #13,804 of 42,765
Yes I purchased the hifi package it's 19 99 a month and I made sure all settings in both uapp and tidal app are set on the hifi setting, mojo displays a blue light still, it sounds good, but I want to get a bitperfect setting, you know? Why not?

Do you have uapp set to use its own drivers?

Are you allowing uapp to play through android?

Check the settings through. Something is not set correctly.

Mar 19, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #13,805 of 42,765
  I contacted the makers of UAPP to see if they would be implementing integration of Tidal offline mode, but alas it's not possible due to the encrypted files Tidal uses.

Quote:

UAPP can only do Tidal streaming in real-time. It has no access to encrypted offline content. I had this explained to me by the developer himself when I was helping him with Tidal integration testing.  His comment was "The app doesn't know about offline Tidal, it uses http or rtmp streams directly from the Tidal server so it cannot possible use offline storage."

Cheers.

I've added this to post #3

Mar 19, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #13,806 of 42,765
Are you using an OTG specific USB cable?

Edit: Found this with a 2 second search, but I've never used a Windows phone so you'll have to just try it. $6.50 is an easy pill to swallow.
http://mspoweruser.com/usb-otg-cable-for-the-lumia-950xl-pops-up-on-amazon-com/

If this cable doesn't work there are other ones to try. They'll be listed in the third post of this thread. I've briefly seen in my 2 second search various reports around the web that the 950XL does support USB OTG audio.

Yes, I have an OTG supported USB-C to USB-A adapter. The same adapter worked when the 950XL was connected into the Audioengine D1 DAC. I'm glad your searches are only taking you 2 seconds.

Mar 19, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #13,807 of 42,765
Do you have uapp set to use its own drivers?

Are you allowing uapp to play through android?

Check the settings through. Something is not set correctly.

Yes, I use UAPP to play thr music on my. Phone all the time I've signed in thr tidal app inside uapp, I just don't k of where I'm going wrong, I'm an idiot

Mar 19, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #13,808 of 42,765
Pretty sure tidal is doing something to their files to sound better than flac. I was reading a thread of it way back and guys had all kinds of hard data that they colour the sound. Idk

Agree, i tried HIFI tidal trial before, even FLAC sounds different. So, actually Tidal HIFI is not truly FLAC files... They are colored. More to vocals that I can notice. I remember listening to the Love Yourself-Justin Bieber song... The voice is really forward! really good though.. but the price....

Mar 19, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #13,810 of 42,765
Yes, I use UAPP to play thr music on my. Phone all the time I've signed in thr tidal app inside uapp, I just don't k of where I'm going wrong, I'm an idiot

In settings check:
Android sample rate is device native
All options unchecked except use usb dac,

Only other thing I can think of is maybe tidal will not stream hifi if uapp is trial version.
Double check in uapp when connected to tidal (so you see all your Playlists and stuff) that you push quality and have lossless selected.

Failing all that, post some screen shots of what you see in the tidal options and when it is playing.

Mar 19, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #13,812 of 42,765
Yes, I have an OTG supported USB-C to USB-A adapter. The same adapter worked when the 950XL was connected into the Audioengine D1 DAC. I'm glad your searches are only taking you 2 seconds.

Wow.

I'm just highlighting that I haven't looked too deep in to it and that my search may not provide the best answer for you, but my quick search did highlight that it's possible to output audio through USB with the 950XL. The Audio Engine D1 does not require OTG spec so I imagine it would work with any cable. The cable is my suspicion, and the adaptor you are using may not be what the Mojo and 950XL need to communicate, but again, I really don't know and can't test it.

Mar 19, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #13,814 of 42,765
Wow.

I'm just highlighting that I haven't looked too deep in to it and that my search may not provide the best answer for you, but my quick search did highlight that it's possible to output audio through USB with the 950XL. The Audio Engine D1 does not require OTG spec so I imagine it would work with any cable. The cable is my suspicion, and the adaptor you are using may not be what the Mojo and 950XL need to communicate, but again, I really don't know and can't test it.

Understood
bigsmile_face.gif
. I was just getting the impression with your 2-second comment stated twice that I was not make the effort to do the research. Anyway, I will seek out another OTG cable to try in the event this VicTsing one is the culprit. I also just tried the Audioengine D3 which worked fine as well but as you stated perhaps that does not need the OTG spec as well. Thanks.

Mar 19, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #13,815 of 42,765
  I made an accurate battery test:

blue light: 1 hour 45 mins
red light: ~3 hours
orange light: 2 hours 25 min
red light: 15 min
blinking red light: 10 min

we are talking about 7,5 hours after the 4th full cycle

ok I tested again the blue...i didn't remembered that actually i used it a bit to test the Jitterbug Yesterday and didn't put it in charge again

with blue I reached 2 hour and 20 ... so all in all it's about 8 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Back