Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 14, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #11,356 of 42,765
Wanna ask something. 

I auditioned the Chord Mojo, and really could not fathom what I have heard. I have been relying the line out from my laptop for so long because I never had the opportunity to get a proper dac. Is it normal? I mean, it is certainly "clean", no hiss or nothing, but the music seems like it was played behind me. There is no any peaks or lows, a pure neutral dac (How it was done is a myth, I supposed, or buried under thousands of lines of code). So, I am just curious if there is something wrong with my ears, or it takes some time to warm up to the Mojo?

I am using Noble PR, by the way. The most pleasant surprise from this mojo is the trebles are very well-controlled.

Feb 14, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #11,358 of 42,765

This could be my issue, I have been running it as normal just powering on with the power button,  I didnt realise you could change it to line out only - this might be the reason it gets too hot and turns off.

In my system I do not charge mojo during playback - I use the apple iPad charger when I do. I do not use the 3v line out - I use a 2v line out. If your using a MAC, you might check that it is not going into sleep mode- check to see what you have your power options set to. I try to change any setting that I think are not optimal for my system. As you can see from @echoz, he does it differently and his works just fine too. That’s why I suggest looking at your system config and/or SWare.

MBP → SDragon → Mojo → MerrillAudio MA- 2P TRS → LC

Feb 14, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #11,359 of 42,765
Hi does anyone know if the OTG of the LG G4 and or the M9 work well with the Mojo ?    i am asking because i gather that the OTG on some phones dont work so well.    Thanks!!

Check out the Android USB DAC thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/7905#post_12337033

The G4 works well; the HTC One M8 and M7 both have issues.

Feb 14, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #11,360 of 42,765
Don't ask, you will set me off on another 1000 word discourse!

Rob

Finally someone that knows what they are talking about and willing to teach. I LOVE your last post - super interesting. Can you please tell us how the Mojo is so good as low volumes?

Also, any other daps out there you think compete with the Mojo?

Feb 14, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #11,361 of 42,765
Wanna ask something. 

I auditioned the Chord Mojo, and really could not fathom what I have heard. I have been relying the line out from my laptop for so long because I never had the opportunity to get a proper dac. Is it normal? I mean, it is certainly "clean", no hiss or nothing, but the music seems like it was played behind me. There is no any peaks or lows, a pure neutral dac (How it was done is a myth, I supposed, or buried under thousands of lines of code). So, I am just curious if there is something wrong with my ears, or it takes some time to warm up to the Mojo?

I am using Noble PR, by the way. The most pleasant surprise from this mojo is the trebles are very well-controlled.

I noticed some of the music comes from behind me with the Mojo too. I think this is a proper 3d, holographic effect people talk about and a strength of the music. The Mojo puts me in the music, surrounded by it.

Feb 14, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #11,362 of 42,765
Wanna ask something. 

this seems to me to sound like you are not making proper contact to the output connector and your loosing your earth return and right and left channels are playing through the headphones then into each other somehow this would cause the precise same effect that your describing.

Feb 14, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #11,363 of 42,765
this seems to me to sound like you are not making proper contact to the output connector and your loosing your earth return and right and left channels are playing through the headphones then into each other somehow this would cause the precise same effect that your describing.

I think I might have the same thing with my JH Laylas. Sometimes somehow behind my years and absolutely peakless.

...but sending the unit back for guarantees is too much for me. Just don't have the time for that kind of hassle. Pisses me ooff just thinking about it.

Feb 14, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #11,364 of 42,765
I think I might have the same thing with my JH Laylas. Sometimes somehow behind my years and absolutely peakless.

...but sending the unit back for guarantees is too much for me. Just don't have the time for that kind of hassle. Pisses me ooff just thinking about it.
I think it is unlikely there will be a problem with the unit please try another pair of IEMs before you think about returning your mojo

Feb 14, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #11,365 of 42,765
I think it is unlikely there will be a problem with the unit please try another pair of IEMs before you think about returning your mojo

Can you elaborate as to why I have severe RFI and noises when pairing Mojo with iPhone or even using Mojo a foot away from an iPhone?

Is this a particular unit issue or what? Is this normal? I can't imagine there would would be a variable to units?

Feb 14, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #11,367 of 42,765

Can you elaborate as to why I have severe RFI and noises when pairing Mojo with iPhone or even using Mojo a foot away from an iPhone?

Is this a particular unit issue or what? Is this normal? I can't imagine there would would be a variable to units?

I wouldn't call it normal but it happens.  It's covered many times in this thread, search RFI.  Most don't have the problem but some do.  It can happen with any phone.  Suggested fixes are among others using 3G and 4LTE and not 2G,  using the airplane mode, separating them by more than 25cm, and getting a ferrite shielded cable or placing ferrite modules on each end of the Mojo-iPhone cable.  Search Ferrite.

FWIW, I use an iPhone 6s and have never had EMI or RFI. 

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #11,368 of 42,765
  Can someone tell me how is the Mojo with the Fostex TH-X00 and also with Grado's headphones ?

Thanks!

I have tried with Grado SR325e headphones and I love the combination
L3000.gif
 . I bought these after auditioning a few HP with my Mojo. 
I cannot comment on the Fostex as I have no experience of these

Feb 14, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #11,369 of 42,765
Check out the Android USB DAC thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/7905#post_12337033

The G4 works well; the HTC One M8 and M7 both have issues.

Many of the problems regarding HTC M8 pairing with MOJO has been resolved by upgrading the software to Marshmallow. The phone has native USB support and the clicking and pop noise has almost disappeared even in data mode. 

Feb 14, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #11,370 of 42,765
Hi does anyone know if the OTG of the LG G4 and or the M9 work well with the Mojo ?    i am asking because i gather that the OTG on some phones dont work so well.    Thanks!!

Hi. Don't know about LG G4, but I got the LG G2 together with USB Audio Player Pro out to Chord Mojo and it works like a charm. If it works with my older version I guess it should work with yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back