Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 13, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #11,311 of 42,765
Optical can be fussy. Just because you can see light, doesn't necessarily mean that the signal is pure. I have plenty of cables that can't transmit at higher data rates for 24 bit audio.
To rule out cable problems, you'll need to find other devices to connect at each end to see if they work. If all is ok, you then need to rule out the dx80 and Mojo one by one.

It won't play mp3 or 16/44.1. No matter what, I wonder if my adapter is not deep enough to make a connection anyone have any experience with this adapter

Feb 13, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #11,313 of 42,765
Turn off LTE or 3G... It'll be obvious. I didn't hear any RF/EMI unless I turned it to 2G/Edge.

I also did a test with the iPhone on 2G and when it was far enough away from the Mojo to not cause an issue then I moved the iPhone closer to the headphone cable (near my chin 3ft from the Mojo) and the noise became clear as it was closer to the headphone cable, but the same distance from the Mojo. In this case the headphone cable was an antennae receiving the RF/EMI. This with using optical input from an AK player.

With LTE off I get 3 bars, still no RF/EMI. Tried switch WIFI on off, same with bluetooth, cellular, different combinations.
Tried switching to the other headphone port, switching to a much longer USB cable without ferrite beads. Went putting Mojo and/or iPhone against wifi router, lamp, electrical outlet....
Finally caught myself thinking - "What are you doing? Trying to catch what you do not want and shouldn't be there", it made me stop.  I'm sure it will show itself when I least expect it(now that I'm much more conscious of it), but nothing for now.

Feb 13, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #11,314 of 42,765

Good point.

Might be worth trying a small ferrite choke at the plug end of the headphone cable, too!

Can you link me to where I'd get one in Canada?

Also how do I put in cable? Is it hard?

You might have to hunt around to find one small enough to fit nice and snugly around your cable(s), but here's a link to get you started:

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_odkw=ferrite+choke&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xferrite+choke+emi.TRS0&_nkw=ferrite+choke+emi&_sacat=0

If you buy the plastic clip-on type, they just clip around a cable, in a clam-shell fashion:

Feb 13, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #11,315 of 42,765
I have found out why my Note 4/Mojo combo glitches and skips occasionally. It was happening with my BT in my car, the Note 4 processor speed drops off. So enabling my screen to stay on while playing seems to be the only fix to stop it skipping/glitching.

Feb 13, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #11,316 of 42,765
I have found out why my Note 4/Mojo combo glitches and skips occasionally. It was happening with my BT in my car, the Note 4 processor speed drops off. So enabling my screen to stay on while playing seems to be the only fix to stop it skipping/glitching.

I had the same problem with my S5.

If you use UAPP be sure you have the 2.5.0 version and in sttings mark USB tweak 2 only.

In my first try it didn't work then I reset mi phone and problem solved.

Hope work with yours

Feb 13, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #11,317 of 42,765
With LTE off I get 3 bars, still no RF/EMI. Tried switch WIFI on off, same with bluetooth, cellular, different combinations.
Tried switching to the other headphone port, switching to a much longer USB cable without ferrite beads. Went putting Mojo and/or iPhone against wifi router, lamp, electrical outlet....
Finally caught myself thinking - "What are you doing? Trying to catch what you do not want and shouldn't be there", it made me stop.  I'm sure it will show itself when I least expect it(now that I'm much more conscious of it), but nothing for now.

Lol, 'what are you doing'? Haha.

Like I said, many variables and it seems you've got a good thing going so enjoy! :)

Feb 13, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #11,319 of 42,765

Finally caught myself thinking - "What are you doing? Trying to catch what you do not want and shouldn't be there", it made me stop.

"The Devil makes work for idle hands!"

(but there's no law against it, so as long as you don't get caught doing it in public, you should be OK!
biggrin.gif
)

Feb 13, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #11,320 of 42,765
Naive, when you insert into the Mojo side, do you hear a click sound? If its not seated properly, you won't get a proper signal through.

Thank you sir, the adapter I have is horrible (and I can't find anything better online either, I have a cheap optical to toslink adapter and it's dimming the light, idk what to do. And I can't find a real optical to toslink cable that is 2.5 inches long and flexible so I can use as I do currently with my coax,

I was able. To put the ALO cable in just to see how it sounded directly and it is an improvement over my coax... I really wish for a solution but I can't find a short cable (even if it'd as long as 6 or 8 inches) that is optical to toslink to get my dx80 to Feed mojo

Feb 13, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #11,321 of 42,765
Naive, I'm using this cable at the moment.
http://www.lelong.com.my/uranus-toslink-to-3-5mm-mini-fiber-optical-cable-starspicker-I2449552B-2007-01-Sale-I.htm
It's not the most elegant solution but it's affordable for me. Length is around 10 to 15cm end to end (can be specified, I'm using 15cm to allow a bit of leeway on the cable)
I would love to get the Sysconcept cable but including shipping, it'll cost me about 3 times as much.

Feb 13, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #11,322 of 42,765
Naive, I'm using this cable at the moment.
http://www.lelong.com.my/uranus-toslink-to-3-5mm-mini-fiber-optical-cable-starspicker-I2449552B-2007-01-Sale-I.htm
It's not the most elegant solution but it's affordable for me. Length is around 10 to 15cm end to end (can be specified, I'm using 15cm to allow a bit of leeway on the cable)
I would love to get the Sysconcept cable but including shipping, it'll cost me about 3 times as much.

That actually looks great and nicer than system concept, I wish it has right angles tho, is that website safe to order?

Feb 13, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #11,323 of 42,765
Musical details and enjoyment is very easy through the Mojo on much lower volumes than I am used to. How does it do that??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back