Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 13, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #9,226 of 42,765
Iam bit new to this DAC related stuff. So can you pls help me to clarify this.

I have samsung S5 and ak100. And i am plan to buy Chord mojo as well. Lets say if connect new chord mojo to S5 and play some flac songs and next time i connect ak100 to chord mojo and play exactly same audio file as previous is there any sound difference?
In other words what iam asking is depending the sourse we connect to chord mojo is there any sound difference?
Or what evere sourse we connect chord mojo it will out put its own sound signature?

Pls explan to me.

Thanks so much....

Jan 13, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #9,227 of 42,765

I have samsung S5 and ak100. And i am plan to buy Chord mojo as well. Lets say if connect new chord mojo to S5 and play some flac songs and next time i connect ak100 to chord mojo and play exactly same audio file as previous is there any sound difference?
In other words what iam asking is depending the sourse we connect to chord mojo is there any sound difference?
Or what evere sourse we connect chord mojo it will out put its own sound signature?

Pls explan to me.

Thanks so much....

On a technical level it shouldn't matter at all if the source is doing its job properly. The Mojo should sound the same independent of the source when playing the same file if the source isn't adding any DSP (Digital Signal Processing) and the output of the source isn't adding any noise or distortion. With that said, some users have noted a difference between different sources. I wouldn't think the difference is night and day, and I certainly wouldn't think it would make the Mojo sound terribly bad from one source to the other. Of course each individual with have to determine if they hear a difference or not, whether it's psychoacoustics or an actual difference they hear.

Jan 14, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #9,228 of 42,765

Pls explan to me.

Thanks so much....

I feel note 5 sound setter when it feeds mojo, vs dx80 to mojo

Jan 14, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #9,229 of 42,765
On a side note, the AK 100mk2 is a great sounding DAP, and really small to boot.

Can't wait till my sys cable gets here :)

Jan 14, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #9,230 of 42,765
It's great and mine was shipped from Canada on a Monday and I received it in the UK two days later on the Wednesday.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the SysConcept cable would play files up to 192 kHz but the few DSD files that I have play fine too. Is everybody else able to play all DSD files?

Jan 14, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #9,231 of 42,765
It's great and mine was shipped from Canada on a Monday and I received it in the UK two days later on the Wednesday.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the SysConcept cable would play files up to 192 kHz but the few DSD files that I have play fine too. Is everybody else able to play all DSD files?

The player converts DSD to PCM before it sends it to the Mojo over optical. If the sampling rate indicator is anything but white then the Mojo is not receiving DSD.

Jan 14, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #9,235 of 42,765
I have noticed, many of you guys use mojo with ak100. Is anyone willing to give me a brief description of the sound difference between ak100 and mojo? Thanks

Jan 14, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #9,236 of 42,765
On a side note, the AK 100mk2 is a great sounding DAP, and really small to boot.

Can't wait till my sys cable gets here
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you have Mojo ?

Jan 14, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #9,237 of 42,765
  Do you have Mojo ?

Yes, I've had it a few weeks.   I had it paired to an iphone 6+, but the ergonomics with the CCX cable was a deal breaker for me.   Got a smoking deal on the 100mk2, and it just arrived today.   Just waiting on the sys cable.

Jan 14, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #9,239 of 42,765
On a technical level it shouldn't matter at all if the source is doing its job properly. The Mojo should sound the same independent of the source when playing the same file if the source isn't adding any DSP (Digital Signal Processing) and the output of the source isn't adding any noise or distortion. With that said, some users have noted a difference between different sources. I wouldn't think the difference is night and day, and I certainly wouldn't think it would make the Mojo sound terribly bad from one source to the other. Of course each individual with have to determine if they hear a difference or not, whether it's psychoacoustics or an actual difference they hear.

Agreed totally, the only variable I can see could be how the DAP or source connects to the Mojo, USB for some may be more stable and reliable that some users here than S/PDIF or Toslink

I feel note 5 sound setter when it feeds mojo, vs dx80 to mojo

I wonder if your impressions are down to how these are connected to your Mojo. Note 5 via USB may have a better connection for you than the Dx80 via S/PDIF

I have noticed, many of you guys use mojo with ak100. Is anyone willing to give me a brief description of the sound difference between ak100 and mojo? Thanks

As a standalone unit in comparison to the two combined, I find that the AK100 does not have as detailed and wide a soundstage YMMV
That along with not being powerful enough to drive the more demanding head phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back