Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 6, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #8,626 of 42,765
I apologize. I should have included that info...iPhone 6 +

No need to apologise mate. I do not use an iPhone so I cannot be certain but on my S6, the OS send a fix signal of 48kHz (not 100% sure) except when using specific music apps like UAPP, HibyMusic or Onkyo HF.

iPhone users can probably provide more/better response.

Have you tried a PC or Mac as source?

Jan 6, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #8,627 of 42,765
No need to apologise mate. I do not use an iPhone so I cannot be certain but on my S6, the OS send a fix signal of 48kHz (not 100% sure) except when using specific music apps like UAPP, HibyMusic or Onkyo HF.

iPhone users can probably provide more/better response.

Have you tried a PC or Mac as source?

I don't know about iOS but on Macs the system defaults to a 16/44 PCM output unless you tell it to do something different.  Mp3s of varying compression all come out the USB or optical outputs as 16/44 PCM. Imagine that iOS does the same thing.  For all I know that's the default value of the USB standard for audio.  I wouldn't worry about it at all.  If Tidal sounds better then it's worth the $, if you can't hear the difference between a 256 mp3 and Tidal it's up to you what to do.

And yes, you need an app like Onkyo HF on iOS to play higher res files.

Jan 6, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #8,628 of 42,765
Some say optical other like coaxial. I found optical meets superb SQ for my taste.

Proud & amazed new Mojo owner here with a quick "newbie" ?...Forgive my ignorance...When listening to "Apple Music" & "Tidal" my input/power button glows red...Shouldn't it change colors/formats between apple & Todal Losless audio? Please forgive me if this is a stupid ? Just want to make sure I'm getting what I'm paying for with Tidal :wink:. Thanks for any help or clarification! If this has already been stated somewhere in the thread I'm sorry. It's quite large :wink:

Happy listening...Trav!

It's just that Tidal Hifi is the lowest quality indicated by mojos colour scheme...anything less is just also red... After all Tidal hifi ain't hi res, but good old Redbook CA standart... Look for the bitrate to make sure you get Tidal Hifi... Something around 1000 very roughly...
Hope this helps

Jan 6, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #8,630 of 42,765
Anyone have any experiences with Final audio brand with mojo? Or just final audio at all?

I currently have the Heaven VII as well as the Mojo. The Heavens are quite a good and resolving pair of phones but can be bass shy without getting tips right. Unfortunately I've just acquired the Dunu dn-200OJ as well as the TH-X00 (which are sounding spectacular with the Mojo right now).:) I'll have to take a break and demo the VII with it and perhaps AB against the Dunu. I'll try and let you know how it turns out.

Jan 6, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #8,631 of 42,765

This reminds me to redeem my voucher at native dsd.... I think I will go with jazz at the pawnshop in quad Dsd.... How big is that file? I think this is the file to have on you're phone to show the world you're a bat**** crazy audiophile :)
BTW did UAPP 2.41 solve you're issues?

Jan 6, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #8,632 of 42,765
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.  I found that if I would tap the Mojo near the micro USB port, the audio connection would drop.

I tried out some different USB to Micro USB cables and found a pair that works to not produce dropouts.  Previously I was trying with the short cable that came with the unit.

Switching to a different cable seems to provide a more secure connection.

I'm not sure why the short cable included with the unit is bad, but I'm content with the solution for now.

Jan 6, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #8,633 of 42,765
Wow - somebody actually read the 3rd post!!  :basshead:

:beerchug:  

Too kind... I am getting red.
But since you seem to be the man here (OR ONE OF THEM....CALM DOWN YOU ALL!!), what do you THINK are the chances to hear news about add on modules during CES?
John turned silent when we wanted specifics.... Or was it me asking for MQA? Is that like asking Microsoft to do Android apps :D
Hope CES will bring news.... Anyone lucky enough to be there should check out chords room... Or the distributors room.. Audeze will be in the same room, so you can check out mojo with LCD 4...maybe

Jan 6, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #8,634 of 42,765
  Hi everyone,
Does anybody hear noise while charging?
Is it normal or not?
Also for the second time charging, it does not switch off after 7 hours, but for the first time, it switched off after 5 hours.

See post #3.

Jan 6, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #8,635 of 42,765
So I guess my ***new*** question is, with the Mojo, what iem can I add for a more *punchy* sound. (se846 is not enough for me), any iems known for Engaging sound, CIEM are fine as well

(just tried the UE18 (ultimate Ears) with the Mojo and to me they were far inferior to the se846...

I'm starting to wonder if getting sensaphonic sleeves for se846 will sound more engaging with my mojo which I love so much (primarily to it being musical and non fatiguing)

In my experience, the key to enable the SE846s to give you the max benefit of their attributes is to fit the correct sleeves to block out all external sounds. My presence is the large olive sleeves that came with my Earphones. Getting an air tight seal is critical to maximising your enjoyment of these marvels.

Jan 6, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #8,636 of 42,765
I've been impressed with the magic it can draw from even "lowly" iTunes 256 Kbps AAC (because sonetimes that's all you have). Also I think it responds well to digital EQ if anyone's worried about the 10-20 kHz roll off or has warmer/more relaxed earphones/headphones.

The thing is a "joy" to hold and use. Perhaps its best feature is its industrial design and I can't get over the cool coloured buttons. I want to play with them constantly.

:)

I know how you feel - I too reach out to touch it sometimes just to feel how well built it is.

I'm listening to spotify prem via streaming (at work) and I'm happy with that as well.

Jan 6, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #8,637 of 42,765
This reminds me to redeem my voucher at native dsd.... I think I will go with jazz at the pawnshop in quad Dsd.... How big is that file? I think this is the file to have on you're phone to show the world you're a bat**** crazy audiophile
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW did UAPP 2.41 solve you're issues?

Yes redeem that voucher it's worth especially iof you want to demonstrate Full DSD as you can see from the screen shot.
My first purchase on getting my Mojo (after the Native DSD freebie) was Jazz A The Pawnshop but I got the  
352kHz/24bit AIFF version originally even that was a 10.4Gb download so I would imagine the DSD might be larger.
Seems like all is 98% well with UAPP just one or two glitches which I will email the developer about

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #8,639 of 42,765
Yesterday was a good day in my household.
Late christmas present.......

AK100 MKII 32GB solid black (Japan only model)

Even included 2x32Gb Micro SD cards.

I got this for the times when I prefer not to use my phone as transport. Great pairing with the Mojo

Also received earlier last week my 

Pure Solid Silver Shure SE535 from Lavricables

Until I decide which IEM's I'm going to get for the future, will make do with this upgrade.

See what you've done Mojo. On hearing your Magic one feels the desire, nay, 'The need' if not already owned, to pair with better equipment.

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #8,640 of 42,765
Yesterday was a good day in my household.

Late christmas present.......

AK100 MKII 32GB solid black (Japan only model)

Even included 2x32Gb Micro SD cards.

I got this for the times when I prefer not to use my phone as transport. Great pairing with the Mojo

Also received earlier last week my 

[COLOR=333333]Pure Solid Silver Shure SE535 from [/COLOR]Lavricables

Until I decide which IEM's I'm going to get for the future, will make do with this upgrade.

See what you've done Mojo. On hearing your Magic one feels the desire, nay, 'The need' if not already owned, to pair with better equipment.

Wow you are really lucky... Looks really nice, can I ask you how much did it cost?

Please don't entice me to get a dap, my phone has been holding up well with the mojo :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back