Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 6, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #6,331 of 42,765
Would chord replace the battery for us when it's gone bad? I'm loving this little device so much that I'm planning to stick to it for a while :) .

Dec 6, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #6,332 of 42,765
The one downside to the Mojo is it really shows up bad production. Adele's new 25 album is a good example, try it then play some fleetwood mac from the 80's, no comparison, some of the new stuff is absolute garbage, shame as I love her voice but the production really grates on my ears.

She can get a little "screamy".

Dec 6, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #6,334 of 42,765
  Adele is perhaps the sterling example how truly rotten mastering can go trough these days.

On one of her CDs, the clipping was soooo bad my friend took it immediately back to the shop - to be horrified yet one more time, as the seller told him he was the only one to complain... 

Lol. Not an Adele fan but you would think with today's technology that the mastering would be top shelf. I guess not. 
frown.gif

Dec 6, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #6,335 of 42,765
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it but HD-800 and Chord Mojo is mind blowing.It has to be my favorite combo for HD-800.Too addicting though,impossible to take them off.The only problem i have with Mojo is a occasional clipping or i don't know what to call it.It happens quite a lot.I could live with it but why is it happening?

Dec 6, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #6,336 of 42,765
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pure-Solid-Silver-Lightning-to-Chord-Hugo-Mojo-interconnect-cable-Iphone-5-6-/181952191212

Good lord!! Do people actually sincerely believe that for so much money for such a product the improvement is significant enough? Something something born every minute, eh? Instead of using it as an interconnect, you're probably better off liquefying the silver back to snake oil and let a surgeon rub it onto your vestibulocochlear nerves!

I recall Lavricables being around the 100€ price point. Reseller on eBay must be making a killer profit. Probably an ex-Monster employee.

Edit: missed Lavricables' update.

Dec 6, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #6,337 of 42,765
Adele is perhaps the sterling example how truly rotten mastering can go trough these days.

On one of her CDs, the clipping was soooo bad my friend took it immediately back to the shop - to be horrified yet one more time, as the seller told him he was the only one to complain... 

Listening to her right now for the first time and through the mojo, man the sound is unbearable.

Dec 6, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #6,338 of 42,765

Lol. Not an Adele fan but you would think with today's technology that the mastering would be top shelf. I guess not. 
frown.gif

It's still the man - and not the machine. The technology got so advanced it allows for abusing the natural sound beyond recognition - and loudness wars make ever more absurd demands on the mastering engineers.

It takes one holla lotta cojones to stand up against such demands by the producers, even artist themselves sometimes. With the proliferation of the equipment say 1/5th the quality of the likes of Mojo + decenr headphones en mase, it will gradually change the general public opinion. 

A cheap smartphone with its own freebie buds .... 

Dec 6, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #6,339 of 42,765
Good lord!! Do people actually sincerely believe that for so much money for such a product the improvement is significant enough? Something something born every minute, eh? Instead of using it as an interconnect, you're probably better off liquefying the silver back to snake oil and let a surgeon rub it onto your vestibulocochlear nerves!

I recall Lavricables being around the 100€ price point. Reseller on eBay must be making a killer profit. Probably an ex-Monster employee.

Dude, read the previous page. :wink_face:

Dec 6, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #6,341 of 42,765
  I have problem playing the DSD256 files which is gifted by Mojo on my Jriver player. This is the error message that popped out:-

"Something went wrong with playback.
Details:
Playback could not be started on the output "xxxx" using tge format '1.4MHz 2ch'.
This output format may not be supported by your hardware. you can use DSP Studio to change the output to a compatible format.
Also, make sure that your system has a valid sound playback device and that it is properly configured in playback options."

xxxx = Kernel Streaming, Asio, Wasabi, Chord 44khz - 768khz Digital Output all will not play the files.

Please kindly help...Thanks!

They fixed the DSD256 DoP issue on the latest version JRiver 21.0.25. Now it's working fine on the Mojo.
You just need to make sure that if you are using ASIO you tick the DoP mode in the JRiver's Device Settings, otherwise a huge pop might blow up your earphones.

Right now only the Mac version has 21.0.25 and the Windows version is still on 21.0.24, but I'm sure it will come out soon.

Dec 6, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #6,342 of 42,765
They fixed the DSD256 DoP issue on the latest version JRiver 21.0.25. Now it's working fine on the Mojo.
You just need to make sure that if you are using ASIO you tick the DoP mode in the JRiver's Device Settings, otherwise a huge pop might blow up your earphones.

Right now only the Mac version has 21.0.25 and the Windows version is still on 21.0.24, but I'm sure it will come out soon.

What is ASIO?

I just downloaded a bunch of dsd256 albums last night, I haven't had a chance to play them via jriver yet. Thanks for the warning. Could you takr a screen shot and show us where to turn on DoP? All I see with regard to DSD is under bitstreaming where you enable DSD. I attached an image a few pages back showing what I mean. Probably between pages 4-8-422. It's screen caps from Jriver.

I should also add that I'm using jriver MC20 version 20.0.94.

Unrelated: a strange anomaly is that tunein, onkyo, tuneshell and youtube all work via cck w/mojo but stitcher sounds weird: all the voices are high pitched and faint and mostly in the left CIEM.

Any of you guys using integer mode in jriver or your music player? Seems it would be ideal for mojo.

Dec 6, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #6,344 of 42,765
All music in Android is routed through Android Music Player which resamples everything to 48kHz for USB output. USB Audio Player Pro and the Onkyo HF Player have drivers that bypass Android player and output bitperfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back