Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 7, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #4,321 of 42,765
Question to Chord, why the Mojo has a slight treble roll off with an IEM?

White line = Mojo without load , Green line = Mojo with load:

(the slight bass roll of is normal with my sound card)

I would unterstand if we would have a digital filter like with micro iDSD:

But this isn't the case with Mojo and the frequency change is only with a attached IEM. The output impedance is pretty low with 0,075 ohms, this can't be the reason for the treble roll off.

Example with the cheap HRT dSP dac/amp which has 0,5 ohms output impedance, with the same IEM as on Mojo I tested:

No treble roll off.

Nov 7, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #4,322 of 42,765
Quote:
The E series are the latest grados and I can confirm that the 325e sounds amazing with Mojo.

Thanks, that's an expensive reply too :)

I now feel like some type of guru... I was told it was the 325i but he probably meant the new 325e, he's a busy guy but I will get clarification next time I speak to him. 

Thank you :)

Nov 7, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #4,323 of 42,765
@ Mojo ideas 
Or anyone else...

I can't get dsd files to play in dsd. I was using JRMC19 and now  downloaded 21 with the same result. I've tried wasapi, asio and kernel streaming. The sample frequency is showing 768k.

Thanks!

Nov 7, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #4,324 of 42,765

Thank you for clearing up the cable connection for the X5 to Mojo .

Your picture shows the X5 and Mojo side by side.
Have you tried to band or brick the two together as a stack ?
Any chance you could take a picture of the two stacked together ?
Im trying to figure out what bands or stacking kit I can use .

Nov 7, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #4,325 of 42,765
Thank you for clearing up the cable connection for the X5 to Mojo .

Your picture shows the X5 and Mojo side by side.
Have you tried to band or brick the two together as a stack ?
Any chance you could take a picture of the two stacked together ?
Im trying to figure out what bands or stacking kit I can use .

I'm guessing you are referring to myself (it's helpful to address the member you are responding to :wink: )

You can use one band and it won't interfere with the wheel / button operation or the screen. The tighter the band the better it holds the Mojo.

Or you can use the X5 stacking kit I posted pictures of earlier in the thread.

I'll be adding these to the Wiki later, but I'm going to sleep now.

Hope this helps. :)

Nov 7, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #4,326 of 42,765

But this isn't the case with Mojo and the frequency change is only with a attached IEM. The output impedance is pretty low with 0,075 ohms, this can't be the reason for the treble roll off.

Example with the cheap HRT dSP dac/amp which has 0,5 ohms output impedance, with the same IEM as on Mojo I tested:

No treble roll off.

I'd like to know as well – and it's definitely audible.

Maybe Rob Watts will answer this?

Nov 7, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #4,327 of 42,765

No treble roll off.

Hi, are you able to do the measurement with a different load to check the roll off if consistent?

Nov 7, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #4,328 of 42,765
  Try downloading Hibymusic from Google Play. It is free.
Some ROMs do not support USB Audio out natively.
When I was using LG G2 - Stock JB ROM supported my E18 natively. Then when I updated the ROM to Kitkat, USB Audio out was not supported natively. Then after a couple of updates again (still Kitkat), USB Audio out works again. Then Lollipop.

So you can either try different ROMs and find out which one can output USB Audio natively or use music app Hibymusic or USB Audio Player Pro (paid).

On my S6, Mojo output USB Audio natively but I still use UAPP as it can output higher resolution than the OS will.

Thanks I bought this OTG cable from Amazon and I am going to buy UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro). If the tow of these do  not work i am going to go nuts. Will let you know how it works. thanks to the HEADFI community for all your help.

Nov 7, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #4,329 of 42,765

[Just throwing this out there. Listen to Tanita Tikaram - Preyed Upon. Last track on her Ancient Heart album. It has nice cymbals. I love the line she sings, "I need time to complicate you".]

Unfortunately, youtube's compression has rendered the treble in this extremely splashy, but if you can find it cheap on CD, there's more Tanita + cymbals in this track (the proper album is actually pretty well recorded):

Nov 7, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #4,331 of 42,765

I'd like to know as well – and it's definitely audible.

Maybe Rob Watts will answer this?

Its because the OP stage is integrated with the OP filter. This means that Mojo analogue section is very simple, so giving Mojo's transparency, but the downside is a small variation in frequency response with load impedance.

Rob

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #4,332 of 42,765
"Originally Posted by Hachiko270296 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's my Mojo sound impressions after owing it for a while.

The Mojo I would describe as similar to the Hugo but a tad warmer. I would say it's still on the analytical side of neutral. It has a kind of intimate sound to it than the Hugo but it isn't as resolving. The Hugo is more spacious, better detailed and better in every way. This isn't s bad thing as its 4 times the price.

Compared to the Dragonfly 1.2 they are a similar sound with the DF being on the warmer side. Both have s detailed sound but the DF is a bit more musical and run sounding where the Mojo is s bit more analytical. I wouldn't say one is better than the other and they are both pretty much equal. I don't know if thei makes the Mojo overpriced or the Dragonfly amazing value. The Mojo has more functionality so this could be s deal breaker.

Compared to the Fiio X5 Dac section they sound very similar with the Fiio being a tad more airy and open. Mids sound better on the Fiio where as the Mojo has a bit more elevated bass. Again like with the DF they are pretty similar. I'd say they are also pretty close in technicality maybe a slight preference edge to the Mojo as a DAC.

Will write a full review soon."

According to these impressions, that puts the Mojo on the level and sound of the Geek Out v.2+ 
I remember another impression said they put the Mojo in the same ball park with the Yggy/Raggy.

Which is it? 

Nov 7, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #4,333 of 42,765
hello all, i have been reading and salivating about the Mojo, i am looking for any input regarding using the Mojo in use with my ZX-2, I have zero issues with my ZX-2, love the sound combined with my K10's, but like the rest of you i am looking for the next step.

do any of you have experience with the combination? and how about connectivity? i have been reading this thread but have not found anything relating to this subject.

thanks in advance for all your words of forthcoming experience!

Nov 7, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #4,334 of 42,765
  hello all, i have been reading and salivating about the Mojo, i am looking for any input regarding using the Mojo in use with my ZX-2, I have zero issues with my ZX-2, love the sound combined with my K10's, but like the rest of you i am looking for the next step.

do any of you have experience with the combination? and how about connectivity? i have been reading this thread but have not found anything relating to this subject.

thanks in advance for all your words of forthcoming experience!

Look on the frist page...

Connecting Mojo to Sony devices

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread/555#post_11999231

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread/1005#post_12005228

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FF086HE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread/1035#post_12005341

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread/1230#post_12008886

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread/1455#post_12012351

Users who are viewing this thread

Back