Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 28, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #2,686 of 42,765
Hey guys! Finally received my mojo today, is on charge right now! Did everybody follow the full 10hr charging routine for the first time.

Can't wait to start listening!

Thanks to philw and lukeap69 for the help and support!!
It should be okay after four hours the ten hour first charge rule is for units that may have been stored in warehouses for a long time. I some how think that will not happen for a very long time as the demand for mojo is so high they don't stay stored for more than a few hours. John F.

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #2,687 of 42,765
Chord Hugo/Mojo battery life and replacement

Hi all, I am asking this question on all 3 Chord threads because all 3 devices have batteries in them.  Does anyone know what the battery life and replacement costs are for the batteries in the Hugo, the TT and the Mojo?  

Elsewhere -- in phones, cameras, laptops, etc., these sorts of batteries are rated at a service life of about 5 years, regardless of usage.  Five years may seem like a long time when you first make your purchase, but for quality hi-fi equipment it is probably only a half or a third of what you might want to get out of it.  What happens when the service life is completed?

Thanks for any replies and apologies if this question was already answered thousands of posts earlier!

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #2,688 of 42,765
Actually DX90 and the Hugo isn't great form factor as the Hugo is bigger than the DX90 but musically it sounds sweet
biggrin.gif

I would have though the DX90 and the mojo paired better as regards form factor but maybe the Dx90 is actually a little bigger than the mojo?

Great match, see my photo earlier in this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread/2400#post_12025372

Regarding optical and co-axial, in my systems I've always found optical to be softer sounding. Even when connecting my Sonos system to the Hugo TT recently.
May just be a prejudice, but I will always seek out DAPs with Co-ax output :wink:

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #2,691 of 42,765
  I have been thinking of Hidiz for a pure coaxial source. It has about the same footprint as mojo. I find optical too impractical for portable.

Yep could work if you don't mind the Hidiz UI, i sold mind but it was felt bigger than the AK100 in terms of size (from memory)

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #2,692 of 42,765
  Chord Hugo/Mojo battery life and replacement

Hi all, I am asking this question on all 3 Chord threads because all 3 devices have batteries in them.  Does anyone know what the battery life and replacement costs are for the batteries in the Hugo, the TT and the Mojo?  

What happens when the service life is completed?

Thanks for any replies and apologies if this question was already answered thousands of posts earlier!

batteries have a life expectancy of three-years (I'm being conservative) and can be replaced by your Dealer or by Chord.

I can't quote you any cost as there's never been a replacement, the odd battery that has been replaced has been done under warranty (Mojo 1year - Hugo & TT 3year)... ask me again in a year or so and I'll be able to give you a quote, hth...
normal_smile .gif

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #2,693 of 42,765

Yep could work if you don't mind the Hidiz UI, i sold mind but it was felt bigger than the AK100 in terms of size (from memory)

Honestly I have not come across any good UI in any high end DAP that is anywhere close to apple UI. Calyx M is great but super laggy. This is why I now seek stable but fast and simple to use UI.

I wish xduoo X3 had coaxial out, that thing can take two 128 GB microSD but has no coaxial out. 

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #2,694 of 42,765
You know you've got something right / good, when you have permanent spine tingles and shallowness of breath when listening to some of your favourite tracks...

Happy days, especially with - what should be remembered, a portable setup!

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #2,695 of 42,765
Cyber men are the logical evolutionary end point for us head fiers :scream::wink:

I don't wanna be a cyberman it's why I use IEM's... I want to come back as one of those statue-thingies that sneaks up on you, makes sense imho as I'll be plotted up in the cemetery...
wink_face.gif

in other news... Rob prefers Red-Book (I like repeating that).

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #2,696 of 42,765
I am not long in the field of focusing on the numbers. When I purchase an album first I must like the darn music and second I try to get it in its original mastering if I can find it. This is why I like to have a device that covers everything as sometimes the song I like happened to he mastered "hi-res".

I will never claim I can tell apart PCM from PCM, with my lotoo paw gold I do sense DSD is done better but hey I never passed the blind test in a mark that I can say conclusively I hear the DSD between PCM.

To me Mojo is a lot more punchy and dynamic than HUGO and that is a big deal as when I first listened to HUGO feeding it redbook quality the sound was so much better that what I have ever heard before. What is Mojo able to do in its size and price is unheard of before. 

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #2,699 of 42,765
I do wish I had a remote for my AK, but don't know which one to get... Will have to do some searching on different threads
smily_headphones1.gif

the AK remote is essentially this, rebranded. 

http://gstylemag.com/2013/07/26/scosche-controlfreq-ii-bluetooth-remote-control-for-ipad-iphone-ipod-and-andriod-devices-review/

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #2,700 of 42,765
You know you've got something right / good, when you have permanent spine tingles and shallowness of breath when listening to some of your favourite tracks...

Happy days, especially with - what should be remembered, a portable setup!

I would never have believed this level of reproduction was possible in such a tiny unit. You are right Duncan, portable has finally hit hi fidelity. I felt very adrift after losing my review copy, decided to swallow my pride and not wait for a bargain price. I thought with something this good it would be at least a month before one appeared on the for sale forum. A month is too long a wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Back