Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 23, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #14,116 of 42,765
Anybody having issues getting their mojo to work with Apple's iOS 9.3? Music comes out of my speaker on my 6s plus, not through my mojo.

No issues with that here. 

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #14,120 of 42,765
So I'm planning on buying the Mojo for my Shure se846. I'm currently connecting the IEMs directly to an iPhone6+ and using tidal. I have a question: Is the Mojo a significant step-up from iPhone 6+ ?

If you don't know this answer, then do a bit google at least.

Even a $50 micro USB Dac is step up from Iphone X++++ and all Ipods :)

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #14,121 of 42,765
So I'm planning on buying the Mojo for my Shure se846. I'm currently connecting the IEMs directly to an iPhone6+ and using tidal. I have a question: Is the Mojo a significant step-up from iPhone 6+ ?

Heavily depends on IEMs whether it's a significant step up, but yes any dedicated dac/amp would be a step up from generic phone source.

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #14,122 of 42,765

Especially with that pairing, it's quite subjective. A few members have mentioned that they don't hear significant difference between the iPhone6+ and Mojo.
What we can help with in terms of suggestion is that the SE846 pairing with Mojo sounds good since some members own that particular pairing.
If from where you're located, you can demo or have a return window, then most of us would just suggest to go for it and let your ears / brain be the judge. If you don't like what you hear, you can always return it. If the returns option isn't available then many of us would really suggest that you can try it out first.
Unless you're willing to purchase blind, we are unable to help alleviate any sense of disappointment should the pairing be not to your liking.

Cheers.

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #14,123 of 42,765

Actually I have searched extensively, and Ken Rockwell's measurements of the iPhone 6+'s DAC show that it's fantastic http://www.kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-6-plus.htm

Quoting Ken "much better than most audiophile DACs."
So please do your research before giving uneducated advice to others.

Thanks.

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #14,124 of 42,765
Especially with that pairing, it's quite subjective. A few members have mentioned that they don't hear significant difference between the iPhone6+ and Mojo.
What we can help with in terms of suggestion is that the SE846 pairing with Mojo sounds good since some members own that particular pairing.
If from where you're located, you can demo or have a return window, then most of us would just suggest to go for it and let your ears / brain be the judge. If you don't like what you hear, you can always return it. If the returns option isn't available then many of us would really suggest that you can try it out first.
Unless you're willing to purchase blind, we are unable to help alleviate any sense of disappointment should the pairing be not to your liking.

Cheers.

Thanks! I'm in Canada so I guess I'm gonna demo it in one of the many stores that sell it here.

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #14,125 of 42,765
Actually I have searched extensively, and Ken Rockwell's measurements of the iPhone 6+'s DAC show that it's fantastic http://www.kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-6-plus.htm

Thanks.

Then why come here and ask a question you already know the answer to?

Some of us are frustrated by the lack of willingness on the part of some newcomers to do any research at all on their own (like reading the third post) . That has a few of us on edge. Maybe you could have started with your research and asked if we agree and find the same in practice.

Mar 23, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #14,126 of 42,765
Then why come here and ask a question you already know the answer to?

Some of us are frustrated by the lack of willingness on the part of some newcomers to do any research at all on their own (like reading the third post) . That has a few of us on edge. Maybe you could have started with your research and asked if we agree and find the same in practice.

I asked to gather subjective opinions from folks who have this combo, and I asked particularly because I'm in denial of how good the iphone6 measures! (Given the hype the Mojo has generated).
I understand your point, and I agree that it's a better idea to present your research briefly before asking.

But seriousely though, do you think your answer involving a $50 DAC aligns with the spectacular measurements of the iPhone6? I guess you were driven by emotion, and that's fine sometimes :wink:

Mar 23, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #14,127 of 42,765

Even a $50 micro USB Dac is step up from Iphone X++++ and all Ipods
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks.

Well i won't say much about it. I just looked at your Ken's comparison.
Let me copy paste his quotes from a portion:

"While all iOS devices have always sounded great if you have good transfers, the audio output of the iPhone 6 Plus is now so improved that it sounds and measures about as well as professional reference DACs like the Benchmark DAC1 HDR, and better than manyconsumer DACs."

This statement implies how much unbiased review it is.

just FYI .. Benchmark makes the best dacs in this world, and their Dacs are used in all big studios of the world.

Mar 23, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #14,128 of 42,765
I asked to gather subjective opinions from folks who have this combo, and I asked particularly because I'm in denial of how good the iphone6 measures! (Given the hype the Mojo has generated).
I understand your point, and I agree that it's a better idea to present your research briefly before asking.

But seriousely though, do you think your answer involving a $50 DAC aligns with the spectacular measurements of the iPhone6? I guess you were driven by emotion, and that's fine sometimes
wink.gif

i have iphone 6 + and mojo . I think there is no right or wrong answer. I believe in a blind test (volume match + using an easy to drive iem or headphone) most of the average joe would not be able to differentiate it.

Mar 23, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #14,129 of 42,765

A few years ago I'd have agreed with you, but these days the iPhone and the iPod touch are very competent DAPs - maybe not on the same level as AK stuff, but nevertheless still pretty good especially when you take into account all the other stuff you can do with your iToys. I've been using iPhones and iPods for years now, and I can tell you the audio aspect has improved immensely since the days of the first iPhone - it took a dip when Apple first switched from Wolfson to Cirrus with Cirrus sounding very artificial, but Cirrus got their act together.

I do tend to think people have an automatic knee jerk reaction to Apple in that they think because it's Apple it must be crap, much like the reaction people here have to Beats, who by all accounts are now turning out reasonably respectable headphones - certainly not the dark mushy sounding mud that the first few Beats models had a reputation for, and were rightfully criticised for.

Mar 23, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #14,130 of 42,765
If someone took the time to learn how the Mojo is different from off the shelf silicone they would understand that there is no comparison. Not saying that the usual suspects sound terrible. I'm saying the tech in the Mojo is leagues ahead of them on a technical level. Now, can an individual hear the differences, or appreciate them? Will a new user to the Mojo be able to break their usual listening habit/preference to understand what the Mojo is doing with the audio? That's up to the individual. In the end there's no right answer for preference, but the Mojo easily measures better than an iPhone6+, and to my ears sounds much more natural and real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back