Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 22, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #13,981 of 42,765
I think Mojo is the best DAC / Amp out there, theres nothing can compete against it.  So even it's for portable like phone, but u can still use it as a Desktop one.

So you just got yours right? How it compares to the others that u own?

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #13,982 of 42,765
So you just got yours right? How it compares to the others that u own?

i sold all my other audio hardware just to get a mojo and use it both home and mobile

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #13,983 of 42,765
if it is as good as... I dont care much.

I just wanna know if there is BETTER than it. Cuz i wanna maximize the potential !!!

On the measurement side you need to buy a DAC in the thousands of dollars to beat the Mojo.

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #13,984 of 42,765
Mar 22, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #13,985 of 42,765
I feel like we are in a frat house on Friday night, drinking and talking Mojo.... Oye.

Rob? Rob? It would be really nice for you to teach us something right about now.... Please? With a cherry on top (as my daughter would say)?

Mar 22, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #13,986 of 42,765

Nice just saw this post thread is moving fast.  Can you test it on a 2.1a charger and see how much its drawing?

That 0.87A photo was from a beefy 2A charger for my tablet.

The device will only draw as much current as it is designed to. If the Mojo decides to draw 0.87A there then it doesn't matter whether the charger outputs 1.5A or 2.0A.
The reason why it's good to have a powerful charger is because quite often they over-quote the actual output current. I know a lot of 1A charger that caps out at around 0.7A.

Was that test just charging? Have you tested while playing what the draw is ?

Mar 22, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #13,987 of 42,765
@twiceboss, there can be ways where you can use mojo for desktop use, like you can put mojo in a wooden fixed by double sided tape or by blue tack or by using some rubber bands etc . a small portable can be made to use in a bigger set up but vice versa is not true. mojo that way is so much versatile. mojo will be benefitted greatly if fed directly to a power amplifier .

Mar 22, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #13,989 of 42,765
I feel like we are in a frat house on Friday night, drinking and talking Mojo.... Oye.

Rob? Rob? It would be really nice for you to teach us something right about now.... Please? With a cherry on top (as my daughter would say)?

Yes I have been promising to start my blog for past couple of weeks. Something coming soon - the first article is going to be about listening tests.

You may say why bother, if it sounds better its better isn't it?

But its actually much more difficult as it first seems, as it is very easy to enjoy the sound of distortion - so objectively assessing sound quality is not an easy process. It also becomes a nightmare when many variables are changing at the same time (some things better, some things worse). Then there is the factor of eliminating system optimization (quick example, adding a false brightness to a soft sounding system), then you can see that making engineering decisions via listening tests is not as simple as one might think.

Rob     

Mar 22, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #13,990 of 42,765
Hallo, want to mount a new plug on my Fostex, and I have ordered a Viablue T6s (the normal size)  But will it be to large--is there anyone that have tried this... My concern is that it will lift the mojo from the table

Hope on some input--if it does I will need to cancel my order.

Kind regards Morten

Mar 22, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #13,991 of 42,765
@twiceboss, there can be ways where you can use mojo for desktop use, like you can put mojo in a wooden fixed by double sided tape or by blue tack or by using some rubber bands etc . a small portable can be made to use in a bigger set up but vice versa is not true. mojo that way is so much versatile. mojo will be benefitted greatly if fed directly to a power amplifier .

Haha lol. Just wondering if there are any desktop system that can beat it in that price range since portable sometimes cost higher bcus of battery and else.

Mar 22, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #13,992 of 42,765

Haha lol. Just wondering if there are any desktop system that can beat it in that price range since portable sometimes cost higher bcus of battery and else.

yes it can, go for Schiit YGGDRASIL @ $2,299, i don't know any desktop DAC can beat at this price range, not even at $1000 range.
I use Mojo as desktop Dac with my Genelecs everyday. By the way i choose Mojo over Audiolab MDAC, and Arcam irDac and some other desktop Dacs.

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #13,993 of 42,765
anyone can chime in on possible damages to mojo by charging with power ripple sound consistently?

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #13,994 of 42,765
anyone can chime in on possible damages to mojo by charging with power ripple sound consistently?

It has been designed to accommodate noisy PSU's both from a safety and sound quality POV.

If it has too much ripple, or the charging voltage falls by too much, then the charge protect circuit will trigger, and the charging LED (battery light is white) will flash. So as long as the battery LED does not flash white it is fine.

Rob  

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #13,995 of 42,765
I doubt schiit yggdrasil betters mojo for sq. mojo IMHO is better than Hugo too in some areas depending upon the preference while maintaining supreme level of details. yggdrasil has to use a preamp which gives the advantage to mojo. even comparing direct output of yggdrasil to headphone or even with an amp mojo should be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back