Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 18, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #13,696 of 42,765

Thanks for the quick reply! 

I've made sure interference isn't the issue. Heck it even occurs when I don't have a source plugged into the Mojo. 

I cant rule out the K10s being the issue either (Just got them). I get this same noise with varying degrees of loudness depending on what source i use. Super loud when plugged into my laptop, and when using my phone it's about the same as the Mojo. In any case, something isn't right, and this background noise majorly detracts from the music. 

with the IE80 I hear hiss, but it's subtle, not distracting at all
16ohm 124db

K10 specs are?

Mar 18, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #13,698 of 42,765

When I play Tidal (hifi) my mojo displays a blue power button, is that up sampling from the smartphone or is it true like a bitperfect?

upsampling

The lossless from Tidal is 16/44.1 kHz which corresponds to a red power button on Mojo.
Source of info: https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/201594722-How-good-is-the-sound-quality-on-TIDAL-

Oh no, it's there anyway I can make it feed mojo in bitperfect?

Yes.

Go to the section on Tidal, in post #3...

So, after a couple of months of telling many people that you hear a difference between different smartphones, it now emerges that Mojo is being fed a phone-upsampled data stream..?

Mar 18, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #13,699 of 42,765
Yes.

So, after a couple of months of telling many people that you hear a difference between different smartphones, it now emerges that Mojo is being fed a phone-upsampled data stream..?

Like I have been saying all along, he is doing something to modify the data before sending it to the Mojo. I think we all knew this was the case.

Also, people, btw, read the 3rd post :)

Mar 18, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #13,700 of 42,765
Sorry for bringing up the cables question once again, but between the QED and the Sysconcept cables, which one do you recommend? (Toslink to mini-toslink)

Mar 18, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #13,701 of 42,765
Like I have been saying all along, he is doing something to modify the data before sending it to the Mojo. I think we all knew this was the case.

Also, people, btw, read the 3rd post
smily_headphones1.gif

But he prefers it to the unmodified data from the IBasso...

Mar 18, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #13,702 of 42,765
Sorry for bringing up the cables question once again, but between the QED and the Sysconcept cables, which one do you recommend? (Toslink to mini-toslink)

Depends on whether you need the cable to be really short and low profile, or not...

Mar 18, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #13,703 of 42,765
But he prefers it to the unmodified data from the IBasso...

A listener can actually prefer up sampled or modified data, that is certainly possible. However, Chord has told us the best way to use the Mojo is to just send a bit perfect sample to the Mojo. The problem is he is claiming some transports sound better than others as an objective reality without realizing the data is being modified before the Mojo. Saying you like the modified data is fine, just don't claim that transport is better in general as, according the the maker or Mojo, the best transport is bit perfect.

Mar 18, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #13,704 of 42,765
Just ordered a Mojo :)

Bought some HD650's last month and have been very much enjoying them direct from a laptop [I'm a newbie]. I was looking for a DAC and amp but thought that getting a Mojo would give me the flexibility to use it via a PC in desktop mode for most of the time but also use it out and about occasionally.

Also it'll give me the flexibility to buy an amp down the line (Cavalli or Feliks Audio Elise maybe :) )... and also then buy some IEM's.... yeeees, I think I agree with the previous poster about the Mojo being a gateway drug to further spending in this industry !

#Mobility - in terms of using it out and about what are my options? I currently listen to an iPhone 4S with Soundmagic IE10's. I know that this won't work directly as there is no Lightening connector but can I listen at a lower quality through the output headphone jack of the iPhone? Or do I need to buy a new transport? Take my money.... :)

#Cables - I was just going to try and use the various USB-micro cables that I have kicking around (from Kindle/Garmin etc) - would these work or should I look at getting something better? 
I noticed a 'Audioquest Forest USB Micro Digital Audio Cable' for £25 from a uk based online cable place - any good? An improvement?

Anyway - very much looking forward to receiving it.

Audioquest cables are very competent, I have a Forest one somewhere. Biggest problem is a lack of flexibility. It doesn't easily coil into a circle of less than 6" (15cm).

Mar 18, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #13,705 of 42,765
Yes.

No, this is thr first time I use a streaming app, the rest were off the UAPP player itself.

Mar 18, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #13,709 of 42,765

I can't go past 6/7 at a very low volume (first both dark reds) after only 3 full cycles....I hope it will improve...

It seems to me that it is headphone dependent. My HP50 that I use at work, let me use the Mojo for two days without a charge in between(I do not use full 7-8hour a day though)
Last week I tried a pair of earbuds instead and they drained my Mojo to yellow led within one day.

Mar 18, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #13,710 of 42,765
Did you do the long charge before using for the first time? It probably won't get better than it is. I get a bit closer to 6.5 hours with t volume fairly high

honestly no, I made the first charge until the charge light switches off....overcharging a battery with the automatic shut off circuit is totally useless...

anyway, the first time i used it with HD800 (high volume) it was about the same time...maybe volume doesn't affect that much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back