Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 3, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #12,286 of 42,765
Rob said its perfectly normal when it gets hot, it was designed to cope. i wouldnt worry about putting a case on it. 
i think if units were exploding from putting it on a pocket or bag without breathing space we would know about it by now 
tongue.gif

Mar 3, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #12,294 of 42,765
Mar 3, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #12,296 of 42,765

AT makes a nice shielded one too.

The problem with that cable is even from Amazon it takes nearly a month to arrive and it costs 10x more than the one I just bought.  Please report on the RF interference with your phone and the AT cable.  If it can completely eliminate RF/EMI I'm willing to buy one and wait.  Please also report which phone you are using and your exact setup, how many bars you have, what apps you are using, etc.  With my iphone 5 I hear everything, when I open twitter/safari/anything that uses internet it creates all sorts of RF interference and it isn't subtle.  The product literature doesn't say anything about blocking RF/EMI(but I can't read Japanese either).

Mar 3, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #12,298 of 42,765
More things on heaven and earth...

Rob

I am continuously astounded that we underestimate the capabilities of the human brain.

In perhaps one of the greatest ironies of human existence, could it be that humans might lack the capability to realise how capable they are?
ph34r.gif

Perhaps our capabilities are literally infinite, and thus infinitely difficult to comprehend.

Anyway, someone told me there was a Mojo thread around here, somewhere...
happy_face1.gif

Mar 3, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #12,299 of 42,765
Anyway, someone told me there was a Mojo thread around here, somewhere...
happy_face1.gif

It's over there, lurking commando-style behind georgelai57's red hot balls
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #12,300 of 42,765
My comparison was with both feeding an ALO Audio Studio Six, level matched. The detail retrieval with the Yggy (when warm) is better from the bass all the way through to the treble. Nothing to do with tonality at all. 

The Yggy doesn't really count as a "up to $50k" DAC comparison as it is neither manufactured nor marketed as a high-end 2-channel DAC. Then again, neither is the Mojo. Both are pretty much "Let's cut the usual crap and just make an objectively and subjectively great bargain of a product as many people as possible can enjoy."
Now I'm bound to say this because of who I am do not that well but I beg to differ with Amos on his viewpoint All I can say is somewhat.... like Hagrid said in Harry Potter I'd say .... "follow the measurements" ....." They will see you right. ..... just follow the measurements " ........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back