Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 4, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #10,666 of 42,765

How does the grace sound fed by the mojo?

You can't feed the m9XX anything but a digital input.  Both units are "digital in, analog out" only.  The m9XX has RCA outputs, but no alternate input, other than optical.  The Mojo obviously having coaxial and optical in as well.  

Feb 4, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #10,668 of 42,765
I picked up a case today for the Mojo plus my Cowon Plenue M player, the Lowe Pro Santiago 30.

They fit, rather snugly with the Audioquest Forest optical cable that I use to connect them together.

I think a pair of IEMs would probably also fit in the case

Feb 4, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #10,670 of 42,765
  This is addressed to all who are on the fence about purchasing the Mojo.  Many of you have read the reviews, all are either glowing or, at the very least, very good.  All state how the cost is either very reasonable or considered to be low. My opinion about the cost is: it is not low.  $600 is a lot of money for the average person.  However, our hobby or audio needs are expensive.  You can accept ok, or you can get whatever will make you happy, or you can get what will transform how you listen to music.  Each step will cost more.  It is like death and taxes, guaranteed.  

I am 60 plus with average ears for my age and mild tinnitis.  I have good equipment, headphones, amps, and dacs at home.  I purchased the Mojo after reading over 600 of these articles.  I hoped I would hear the difference with my Sansung Note 3 cell phone.  I hoped the Mojo would come close to my best home audio systems.  If it did I would be happy and enjoy and be satisfied.

Well, folks, if you have not purchased the Mojo, get off your ass and buy it.  It is unbelievably good.  It is not a little better than what I had before, it is a quantum leap, you have got to be shi..... me, better.  I have only been listening on my portable unit with ciems.  I will, eventually, compare it to my home units.  Based on my memory of how my favorite songs sound at home, I am afraid it will cause me to sell a lot of equipment.  I plan on only using the Mojo as a portable device, but I will have to upgrade to match it's quality.

Folks, ignore the cost, buy it.  Take out a signature loan if you have to.  Do not wait any longer.  If you enjoy music now, you will be elevated to a new plateau in all audio aspects with the Mojo. No matter how old you are or how bad your ears are, you will hear the quality and musical ecstasy you have never experienced before.  Like death and taxes, guaranteed.

+1

Feb 4, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #10,672 of 42,765

USB, is that a problem?

Feb 4, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #10,674 of 42,765
Loving the Mojo. Have a sticky (-) volume ball. Need to roll it around sometimes or it will stay depressed. Normal? Will it loosen up?

Feb 4, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #10,677 of 42,765
After almost three months with mine, I'm thinking about picking up another Mojo so I can dedicate one to portable usage and use my existing one in a bed-side rig.

Despite having higher-end options, I'm finding really beguiling synergy with the Mojo feeding a WA6 into HD650.  Not that the Mojo can't drive the HD650 directly, it certainly can, but I'm liking it through the WA6 even more.  And it's a neater setup for use when lounging in bed.

As a bed-side setup I can feed the Mojo either via USB directly from an iPhone/iPad/MacBook Pro, or via a Bluetooth to optical receiver (like the Peachtree BT1) if I want to reduce the number of wires I have to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back