Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 3, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #10,621 of 42,765
My LCD-3F paired very well with my Hugo so i am surprised to hear the complaint above that the Mojo doesnt pair well with LCD-2 or the XC.....I find the Mojo pairs well with most any can other than the real power hogs like perhaps the HEk or the HE-6

Feb 3, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #10,622 of 42,765
Not sure if this is proper or not, but since there was some reference to the Mojo with the Audeze LCD-XC - I thought I'd share this link to a post I just made in the LCD-XC thread - again, just my opinion - but the LCD-XC's sure sound better when I run the Mojo as a DAC and use my Cayin portable Amp.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/691151/audeze-lcd-xc/2310#post_12311126

Feb 3, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #10,623 of 42,765
  My LCD-3F paired very well with my Hugo so i am surprised to hear the complaint above that the Mojo doesnt pair well with LCD-2 or the XC.....I find the Mojo pairs well with most any can other than the real power hogs like perhaps the HEk or the HE-6

And the LCD-X pairs extremely well with the Mojo. I know several members using the LCD-X with the Mojo and all think it's a superb combination.  Hard to imagine why the LCD-XC would be any different -- it uses the same drivers as the LCD-X.

Feb 3, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #10,624 of 42,765
And the LCD-X pairs extremely well with the Mojo. I know several members using the LCD-X with the Mojo and all think it's a superb combination.  Hard to imagine why the LCD-XC would be any different -- it uses the same drivers as the LCD-X.
This is what confused me unless it's the closed environment that is giving that reaction

Feb 3, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #10,625 of 42,765
never had a good dap before. always used my smartphone + ma750 before.
i got the chance to grab a ak120 (Not ak120ii) for 500$. barely used from a friend.
im honest , im a total newbie, not sure if i should buy it or pay less for a new dx80/90.

i bought a new pair of headphones ( flare r2pro). will they match well with an ak120?
also thought about getting a chord mojo aswell to improve sq. will it help or isnt it worth the 600€?

feel free to share your thoughts with me! :)

I do not have AK120 but AK100mk2 that is matched well with Mojo.

Feb 3, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #10,626 of 42,765
  This is addressed to all who are on the fence about purchasing the Mojo.  Many of you have read the reviews, all are either glowing or, at the very least, very good.  All state how the cost is either very reasonable or considered to be low. My opinion about the cost is: it is not low.  $600 is a lot of money for the average person.  However, our hobby or audio needs are expensive.  You can accept ok, or you can get whatever will make you happy, or you can get what will transform how you listen to music.  Each step will cost more.  It is like death and taxes, guaranteed.  

I am 60 plus with average ears for my age and mild tinnitis.  I have good equipment, headphones, amps, and dacs at home.  I purchased the Mojo after reading over 600 of these articles.  I hoped I would hear the difference with my Sansung Note 3 cell phone.  I hoped the Mojo would come close to my best home audio systems.  If it did I would be happy and enjoy and be satisfied.

Well, folks, if you have not purchased the Mojo, get off your ass and buy it.  It is unbelievably good.  It is not a little better than what I had before, it is a quantum leap, you have got to be shi..... me, better.  I have only been listening on my portable unit with ciems.  I will, eventually, compare it to my home units.  Based on my memory of how my favorite songs sound at home, I am afraid it will cause me to sell a lot of equipment.  I plan on only using the Mojo as a portable device, but I will have to upgrade to match it's quality.

Folks, ignore the cost, buy it.  Take out a signature loan if you have to.  Do not wait any longer.  If you enjoy music now, you will be elevated to a new plateau in all audio aspects with the Mojo. No matter how old you are or how bad your ears are, you will hear the quality and musical ecstasy you have never experienced before.  Like death and taxes, guaranteed.

I too like OneTallGuy waded through 650 pages and like him are in the 60 plus age column.  My Mojo arrived an hour ago and is charging.  I can't wait to compare it to the Geek Out 450 I have been using for a year or so now.  Tonight I'll test with my HiFiman HE-400s old Shure E5c's and tomorrow with the Fidelio X2 which should arrive then.  

I don't think I can wait the full 10 hours.  I think I'm just going to wait for the light to go out and give it a listen but keep it plugged in charging.  By the way, I have it plugged into an Anker USB powered hub and it is dead silent, no hissing or buzzing.  The light is on white and very slightly warm to the touch.  

I sure hope OneTallGuys assessment hold true for me as well.  Oh Boy, Oh Boy!!!  I have to go find a distraction for several hours now.

Feb 3, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #10,628 of 42,765
I too like OneTallGuy waded through 650 pages and like him are in the 60 plus age column.  My Mojo arrived an hour ago and is charging.  I can't wait to compare it to the Geek Out 450 I have been using for a year or so now.  Tonight I'll test with my HiFiman HE-400s old Shure E5c's and tomorrow with the Fidelio X2 which should arrive then.  

I don't think I can wait the full 10 hours.  I think I'm just going to wait for the light to go out and give it a listen but keep it plugged in charging.  By the way, I have it plugged into an Anker USB powered hub and it is dead silent, no hissing or buzzing.  The light is on white and very slightly warm to the touch.  

I sure hope OneTallGuys assessment hold true for me as well.  Oh Boy, Oh Boy!!!  I have to go find a distraction for several hours now.

Chord have said themselves no need to wait 10 hours. Its quoted as a Max in case of a very long shelf life in a store. Light out = good to go. Enjoy and let us know impressions. Not found any burn in on Hugo or Mojo needed at all.

Feb 3, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #10,632 of 42,765

Is your charger rated at less than 1amp charging current?

I'm not completely sure but I'd suggest that you leave it charging for a full ten hours and see if that makes a difference.

I'm using an iPad charger - I've tried charging for long times. Maybe I'll deplete the charge and try again.

Feb 3, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #10,634 of 42,765
My Chord Mojo's battery seems to go out very quickly from blue to green then to yellow.

I would say 4 hours.

Whats going on?

I find this is typical for me as well, I leave mind charging overnight with an apple charger into the wall. 4 hrs is the battery life in my experience. When mine goes to yellow I plug in the apple charger into the wall and continue listening. It will still charge while playing although doing so dlowly(at least with my CIEMs), not sure if power hungry cans run it down quicker or not.

Feb 3, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #10,635 of 42,765
  This is addressed to all who are on the fence about purchasing the Mojo.  Many of you have read the reviews, all are either glowing or, at the very least, very good.  All state how the cost is either very reasonable or considered to be low. My opinion about the cost is: it is not low.  $600 is a lot of money for the average person.  However, our hobby or audio needs are expensive.  You can accept ok, or you can get whatever will make you happy, or you can get what will transform how you listen to music.  Each step will cost more.  It is like death and taxes, guaranteed.  

I am 60 plus with average ears for my age and mild tinnitis.  I have good equipment, headphones, amps, and dacs at home.  I purchased the Mojo after reading over 600 of these articles.  I hoped I would hear the difference with my Sansung Note 3 cell phone.  I hoped the Mojo would come close to my best home audio systems.  If it did I would be happy and enjoy and be satisfied.

Well, folks, if you have not purchased the Mojo, get off your ass and buy it.  It is unbelievably good.  It is not a little better than what I had before, it is a quantum leap, you have got to be shi..... me, better.  I have only been listening on my portable unit with ciems.  I will, eventually, compare it to my home units.  Based on my memory of how my favorite songs sound at home, I am afraid it will cause me to sell a lot of equipment.  I plan on only using the Mojo as a portable device, but I will have to upgrade to match it's quality.

Folks, ignore the cost, buy it.  Take out a signature loan if you have to.  Do not wait any longer.  If you enjoy music now, you will be elevated to a new plateau in all audio aspects with the Mojo. No matter how old you are or how bad your ears are, you will hear the quality and musical ecstasy you have never experienced before.  Like death and taxes, guaranteed.

Good advice.  I'm a lot like you only older and I wondered how much difference Mojo would make.  More than you have said!  It's just amazing.  Don't even think about it if you are using lesser gear, when (if) you can afford Mojo, buy it. OneTallGuy got it right.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back