Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 2, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #10,531 of 42,765
Just purchased 7 for a rainy day lol  DONT JUDGE ME!  ◕‿◕
Please be careful when using one of conjoining connectors that you don't simply mechanically over stress the micro USB socket in Mojo as the larger style of standard USB can be stiffer and heavier that s normal micro USB I'd suggest that you wait a few weeks until our Adaptor is available as we've taken measures to avoid putting stress onto the USB sockets.

Feb 2, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #10,532 of 42,765
Please be careful when using one of conjoining connectors that you don't simply mechanically over stress the micro USB socket in Mojo as the larger style of standard USB can be stiffer and heavier that s normal micro USB I'd suggest that you wait a few weeks until our Adaptor is available as we've taken measures to avoid putting stress onto the USB sockets.

Oh I'm not going to use those for the mojo.   These will be for something else. lol I should have maybe said that.  I will only use what is recommended per developer.  

Feb 2, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #10,534 of 42,765
  "I'd suggest that you wait a few weeks until our Adaptor is available as we've taken measures to avoid putting stress onto the USB sockets"

Very much looking forward to seeing these adaptors.  

◕‿◕  nice  Very excited to see those adaptors.  yeah I'm not suing anything that isn't recommended or looks sketchy.  plus I can't take my Mojo mobile anyways  currently it does not work on my iPhone or iPad 

Feb 2, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #10,535 of 42,765

John Franks had an interesting analogy about 'burn-in', in his interview, here:

That was a very informative interview. Thanks for posting it.

I particularly liked the parts about brain burn-in and visual and audio perception. The timing comments from John ring very true with what I hear with the Mojo.

Also, the idea of the SD card add-on with a screen will be most welcomed by many. Mojo DAP!

Quote:
Thanks, Mython. Great interview. I love hearing the additional technical and design details trickle out, like solving a mystery (of how this unit sounds so fantastic). John mentions that Mojo uses 60 DSP cores. Rob has said Dave uses 166. The Mojo's chip has 90 cores, so others could be used for other functions besides the DAC itself. Interesting,y, the Hugo chip has 16 DSP cores. Not saying more has to be better...not saying.

I can't take credit for that. EagleWings is the one who drew my attention to it
beerchug.gif
:

I was watching munkonggadgets' interview with John Franks on youtube. (Watched only like 15 mins or so..) John talks about bringing WiFi, Bluetooth and SD-Card modules for Mojo.

Another thing I learnt, the name Hugo was derived from 'You Go' (in reference to music-on-the-go) and MoJo stands for Mobile Joy.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/9615#post_12269898

Feb 2, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #10,536 of 42,765
Wow!!!! I know I needed to charge it first but I could not help have a short listen. Ran through a few tracks from my "test ****" playlist and am floored...Mojo!!! More resolving and involving than my HA-1 paired with the LCD-X. 

Feb 2, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #10,538 of 42,765
With mojo I find myself listening to genres I would not otherwise listen to because it all sounds so good, my musical taste has expanded more since mojo than the previous years of my life.

Feb 2, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #10,539 of 42,765
With mojo I find myself listening to genres I would not otherwise listen to because it all sounds so good, my musical taste has expanded more since mojo than the previous years of my life.

I hope you realise that Justin Bieber albums can damage audiophile DAPs, DAC-Amps, IEMs. CIEMs, Cans, and even audiophile ears!
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 2, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #10,541 of 42,765

I second that, and with a twist.

I have the Lake Street Drive album 'Bad Self Portraits'. The Mojo deals with the second and fourth tracks where they get congested. (My Meridian Explorer just sounded congested.) In other words the Mojo improves music, or delivers music that lesser DACs can not.

Feb 2, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #10,543 of 42,765

I have the Lake Street Drive album 'Bad Self Portraits'. The Mojo deals with the second and fourth tracks where they get congested. (My Meridian Explorer just sounded congested.) In other words the Mojo improves music, or delivers music that lesser DACs can not.

Great album!

And they're really talented musicians, having gone to conservatory together at NEC.

In fact there's a cool YouTube video of them teaching a class back at NEC that features some great songs and teaches you a bit about how they write and perform. Enjoy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwpXTeKhWYs

Cheers

Feb 2, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #10,544 of 42,765

Those of us that can remember pre digital had no such issues. The CD was a brilliant idea, but the DACs at the time made it sound cold and harsh. There were to be some innovations and not all CD players sounded the same. I remember a Denon model sounding quite warm in comparison to others. But we have had to wait for the Hugo and now the more affordable Mojo for digitally stored music to be translated into a true analogue sound. A whole generation has been deprived of good sounding music and that is why today's Pop is so appalling...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back