Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 28, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #10,158 of 42,765
Jan 28, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #10,159 of 42,765
Just got the budget phone (moto g 2nd Gen) today and tested it with the Mojo, it is inferior to the dx80 and to the Note 5, in sound, (I was hoping it would be at least as good so I can just stick with it a source for Mojo) I used onkyo app, the paid one with upsampling OFF.

So I guess I'll be returning the moto.

Really want a budget source for the Mojo. The dx80 is ok but pops and clicks, the note 5 sounds better than the dx80 but it'd too big and it's my main phone.

I used to think source didn't matter to mojo but it does, sound is changed with different sources used. For my equipment the note 5 pairs better than dx80 maybe because dx80 has to be paired via coaxial?

Idk what to do... Really like the way it sounds with note 5

All users appear to have differing results with sources for the Mojo. SQ wise all should be the same for the Moto G and the Note 5 the difference may be in the processing power and available RAM, CPU and processing the information to your USB app of choice.ie UAPP or Onkyo HF Player.
My experience is the same on the 3 devices I have used OnePlus One, Motorola Nexus 6 and Huawei Nexus 6P. SQ is exactly the same to my ears YMMV

Cheap second hand AK100 and sysconcepts cable. All FLAC music. DSD works as well but does make my AK100 a touch laggy

Another option and a great match. I find this combination much more portable on my commute.

Interesting! maybe the Apple is rotten and it wants to become an orchard!
blink.gif

p.s. I thought the Mp3 sounded better than the Flac.
wink_face.gif

I would have to disagree, the mp3 being a compressed file has lost information originally present during the sound engineers mixing. The FLAC on the other hand I found has a better soundstage more depth and even better positioning. If you listen at 32" you can detect the movement from stage right rear moving almost in front of your face to the left channel. If you listen carefully you can even hear the artists breath.

L3000.gif

Uploaded a video of the Mojo being fed power by three different plugs and three different cables.  Ipad 4 plug.  Iphone 6 plug.  Htc One m7 plug. 

Confirmation I am going deaf, I could not hear it in this video but I did in the 24/192 FLAC (will there be a DSD release?)

sorry my post should have been a reply to

. We've had a look at your serial number and it was an extremely early unit in the first batch of unit We had a few units with an unstable regulator . We thought we'd caught all of these and replaced them. We are surprised that there are units like that still around as we've produced many many thousands since without any issues.

Another example of the great customer service and dedication to excellence.

Thanks @Mojo ideas

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #10,163 of 42,765

Has anyone tested Lavri USB - Lightning cable with Mojo and iOS 9.3?

Thanks!

Just a heads up I believe  the crackling issue that some are having with an iPhone and the Mojo is with the latest iOS beta 9.3 beta 1, and now 2.  I have submitted feedback for this through the feedback app on the iPhone. I really encourage others to do the same if you are running the public beta.  

Maybe Chord Electronics ◕‿◕  could send in some feedback as well!!  That would help from a major company like that **COUGH COUGH** @ Mojo ideas  

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #10,164 of 42,765

Just a heads up I believe  the crackling issue that some are having with an iPhone and the Mojo is with the latest iOS beta 9.3 beta 1, and now 2.  I have submitted feedback for this through the feedback app on the iPhone. I really encourage others to do the same if you are running the public beta.  

Maybe Chord Electronics ◕‿◕  could send in some feedback as well!!  vat would help from a major company like that **COUGH COUGH** @ Mojo ideas  

It is a problem with iOS 9.3 beta...I'm hoping they fix it also in the public release :wink:

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #10,166 of 42,765
Hi again,

I am trying to get high resolution files played through my windows 10 using Jriver through the Chord Mojo and having same issue where high resolution files still outputting at chord mojo end with red light illuminated even though playing high resolution files at Jriver.  The chord mojo plays the file from jriver but at 44.1 red light illuminated not at 24-96 green light

thanks

Michael

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #10,168 of 42,765
  Right,  but they will not fix it unless there is enough outcry or feedback to go off of.

Seeing that you are testing a beta release, you can almost always expect bugs. It not like they called it beta for fun...

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #10,170 of 42,765
Does usb audio player for Android offer bitperfect options like the Onkyo app?

If so, what settings should I use

It does. I tried both on my Xperia Z3 and didn't like the interface of the Onkyo. USBAPPro just works.
As for settings, I have everything unticked except fade out volume and ask to exit. It really is that simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back