Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 20, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #9,617 of 42,765
I was watching munkonggadgets' interview with John Franks on youtube. (Watched only like 15 mins or so..) John talks about bringing WiFi, Bluetooth and SD-Card modules for Mojo.

Another thing I learnt, the name Hugo was derived from 'You Go' (in reference to music-on-the-go) and MoJo stands for Mobile Joy.

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #9,618 of 42,765
Has anyone come across a good guide for setting up foobar to output DSD to the Mojo? I've looked everywhere and found bits and pieces but I still cant get the white to turn light saying its getting DSD. Currently its the light purple 768khz.

Jan 20, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #9,619 of 42,765
Has anyone come across a good guide for setting up foobar to output DSD to the Mojo? I've looked everywhere and found bits and pieces but I still cant get the white to turn light saying its getting DSD. Currently its the light purple 768khz.

You might find that is the white light if it's like mine as DSD shows as a light pink colour, I asked in the thread previously and John Franks said it was normal as it was difficult to get the LEDs behind the buttons to produce accurate colours so the pure white wasn't guaranteed !

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #9,620 of 42,765
  Don't want to start a war or anything, but honestly can't see why would anyone insist using iPhones with devices like Mojo? All those connectivity issues, no micoSD slot, no removable battery... Not an Android fanboi myself, but the a G4 I use has both an expansion slot and a replaceable battery and works great with the Mojo via a $5 USB cable. Am I missing something, does iOS provide better sound quality somehow over that little port that my mundane G4's micro USB can't match?

not really about better sound but more of portability, some like me already have an iphone and just makes sense to make it work with the mojo (which i just bought :) rather than getting an android phone just for music. I also have a dx90 connected to the mojo but while the dx90 has flac files, i always find myself using the iphone 6s+ more via apple music and spotify in terms of portable music. We already have the iphone long before the mojo, and since its compatible just made the mojo more versatile :)  I always prefer the iPhone's music UI, and couple with mojo's awesome dac/amp, just makes it the perfect portable setup for me, i always found dx90 and other music players clunky in terms of interface

Jan 21, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #9,621 of 42,765
I've been finding , with the Mojo, that I am listening to more and more live albums, really enjoying the different ambiances, noticing timbres and subtle music cues which I never noticed before. More often than not, I'm mesmerized, as if actually at the concert. It's bloomin' wonderful!! Are you finding the same thing?

Anyhow, the Mojo is all about more musical joy after all, so I thought I'd start a post about thrilling live albums I've been delving into lately and hope that we may share the wonder a bit. To this end,I've compiled a list of albums which really "sing" with Mojo. Hope you can share your's.

Cream - Live 2005 Royal Albert Hall. Such a great, airy sound from the "best" power trio ever. Jack's bass is so good! And if you can watch the Bluray Video version , it's fab too.
Clapton & Winwood - Madison Sq Gardens - just superb sound and musicianship. Again , the Bluray vid is superlative.
Gov't Mule - Live with a little help - Brilliant 4 cd sprawling set, just wow!
Gov't Mule - The Deepest End, another superb set.
Jeff Beck - Live at Ronnie Scott's - Superb playing all round and a highlight being Imogen Heap guesting.
Crosby Stills & Nash - CSN 2012 - Lovely stuff! Great to hear the guys still rocking out!
Dave Matthews - Central Park - Just amazing sound and THE best ever version of Cortez The Killer with Warren Haynes on guitar (imho)
John Coltrane - Live at Birdland and Village Vanguard, Coltrane at his prime, IMO and great sound, capturing the events well (esp the VV sets)
Keith Jarrett - Whisper Not , just amazing, with a good set of cans and Mojo, you are completely immersed in the trio's interplay.
B B King - Cook County Jail - nuff said.

This is by no means a definitive list, lol. I could add another 20 easily, Genesis Seconds Out, Dire Straits Alchemy, Eva Cassidy, Live at Blues Alley, Peter Green at Ronnie Scott's, pretty much all of the Phish live output, Allman Bros Fillmore (should be listed above, doh!), Pink Floyd Delicate Sound of Thunder, and so on and on... :)

Jan 21, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #9,622 of 42,765
Sorry for the dumb question, so where can I buy the Mojo online in USA?  Thanks in advance.

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #9,624 of 42,765
  I've been finding , with the Mojo, that I am listening to more and more live albums, really enjoying the different ambiances, noticing timbres and subtle music cues which I never noticed before. More often than not, I'm mesmerized, as if actually at the concert. It's bloomin' wonderful!! Are you finding the same thing?

Anyhow, the Mojo is all about more musical joy after all, so I thought I'd start a post about thrilling live albums I've been delving into lately and hope that we may share the wonder a bit. To this end,I've compiled a list of albums which really "sing" with Mojo. Hope you can share your's.

Cream - Live 2005 Royal Albert Hall. Such a great, airy sound from the "best" power trio ever. Jack's bass is so good! And if you can watch the Bluray Video version , it's fab too.
Clapton & Winwood - Madison Sq Gardens - just superb sound and musicianship. Again , the Bluray vid is superlative.
Gov't Mule - Live with a little help - Brilliant 4 cd sprawling set, just wow!
Gov't Mule - The Deepest End, another superb set.
Jeff Beck - Live at Ronnie Scott's - Superb playing all round and a highlight being Imogen Heap guesting.
Crosby Stills & Nash - CSN 2012 - Lovely stuff! Great to hear the guys still rocking out!
Dave Matthews - Central Park - Just amazing sound and THE best ever version of Cortez The Killer with Warren Haynes on guitar (imho)
John Coltrane - Live at Birdland and Village Vanguard, Coltrane at his prime, IMO and great sound, capturing the events well (esp the VV sets)
Keith Jarrett - Whisper Not , just amazing, with a good set of cans and Mojo, you are completely immersed in the trio's interplay.
B B King - Cook County Jail - nuff said.

This is by no means a definitive list, lol. I could add another 20 easily, Genesis Seconds Out, Dire Straits Alchemy, Eva Cassidy, Live at Blues Alley, Peter Green at Ronnie Scott's, pretty much all of the Phish live output, Allman Bros Fillmore (should be listed above, doh!), Pink Floyd Delicate Sound of Thunder, and so on and on... :)

I am happy you enjoy your Mojo, and that there are people in this thread who share this joy. :) I also find Mojo an incredible device. Extremely musical, natural. Gives life to any kind of music. It is great with any music genres, but you are right, live performances become truly alive. 

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #9,625 of 42,765

I find that I don't like to listen to music at all without the mojo :)   Even through the AK by itself, it's just not the same.

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #9,626 of 42,765
I've reached the pinnacle of audio fidelity, climbed Everest and sat at the top for awhile. I recently downloaded the best(according to most and myself as well) recording of Dark Side Of The Moon in existence. It's a humble 16/44.1 cd rip of the non-to de-emphasized black triangle version of the album. We can talk about dsd, 24/32bit flacs as if file size matters-to some extent it does-but mastering is at least 90% of that equation imo. Best audio experience I've ever had, thanks mojo and ADEL A12's. I've heard all the DSD's and highest quality flacs out there but now I'm on the hunt for the best masters instead even if that means lower file size.

Exactly. I always emphasise that source gear is more important than file sampling rate. Not only on mastering - on a first class source, 16/44.1 either from a CD or a file always sounds much much better than a cheap source which plays DSD or 24/192. Not to mention that some of these so called high res files are just up-sampled and basically people are deceiving themselves when listening to these up sampled files - sounds a bit fuller maybe but the sound becomes very artificial and once becomes fatigued quite soon after listening to one to two songs.

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #9,627 of 42,765
I've reached the pinnacle of audio fidelity, climbed Everest and sat at the top for awhile. I recently downloaded the best(according to most and myself as well) recording of Dark Side Of The Moon in existence. It's a humble 16/44.1 cd rip of the non-to de-emphasized black triangle version of the album. We can talk about dsd, 24/32bit flacs as if file size matters-to some extent it does-but mastering is at least 90% of that equation imo. Best audio experience I've ever had, thanks mojo and ADEL A12's. I've heard all the DSD's and highest quality flacs out there but now I'm on the hunt for the best masters instead even if that means lower file size.

Funny you should say that, have been thinking much the same for a while, esp now I have Mojo. I'm sort of looking at the HD versions and DSD's however with the hope that they also use the best masters. Its a sideways approach to it all :)

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #9,628 of 42,765
I recently downloaded the best(according to most and myself as well) recording of Dark Side Of The Moon in existence. It's a humble 16/44.1 cd rip of the non-to de-emphasized black triangle version of the album. 

I wholeheartedly agree with you.   The mastering on that recording is simply stellar.

Jan 21, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #9,629 of 42,765
  Thought I'd give an update...I went back down to ios 9.2 and unenrolled from beta software testing :)...all is good now...no crackling/popping at all anymore...Hopefully they'll get it ironed out with the public version of ios 9.3...I'm no longer going to be a guinea pig :wink:...Thanks everybody that chimed in for the help...Mojo's still working flawlessly! Get ya one!!!

so that's why i was getting some pops/cracks too earlier when i used the mojo... i was on ios 9.3 too. speaking of which, sorry for the off topic a bit, is the use of the iPhone lightning camera kit just a workaround or it really is meant for audio? i know it works fine now, just wondering since the mojo is not  MFI-certified, will there come a time that it may be blocked by apple? or the usb audio officially supported by apple via its lightning kit? thanks in advance :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back