Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 18, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #9,466 of 42,765
I heared Hugo and was amazed, not impressed. It was that one thing I would consider true end game.

I think that you should try it again with more tracks and in a quieter place, with headphones you already know. 

Tried it with my K10's and a friends HD 600's. Both my two friends that I was with and myself could not identify the Hugo blind...

Jan 18, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #9,467 of 42,765
Jan 18, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #9,469 of 42,765
Saying that I am impressed is an understatement. While reviews on the Mojo is already done to death, my brain is telling me to do one regardless... :)

Jan 18, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #9,470 of 42,765
I'm using the Audeze EL-8 and just noticed they sell a balanced cable for use with the PHA-3 so if I decide to keep the PHA-3 I will get that cable and run it balanced.  Given what I can get in a sale of the PHA-3 I should probably just keep it vs trade for a Mojo unless you all think the Mojo is noticeably better.  This may be a different decision if I was considering buying both new given the price differential.

Well, I have not heard of PHA-3, and neither did I have a chance to compare both, so I can't tell you what is right/wrong. All I can say is that in "capable devices" balanced out has obvious advantages vs SE, and not all balanced out got implemented/designed equally....hence I said "capable". I think it is best to try out "Mojo" for yourself and do that comparison with all you could.

Jan 18, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #9,471 of 42,765
The one thing which impresses me the most about the Mojo is how effortless it is till it's not really discernible. You're no longer listening to music but immersing and enjoying it instead.
The other beauty of the Mojo is that because it brings forth so much detail that I find myself picking up details that I had barely noticed before when listening to my car stereo. Bare in mind these details are nowhere in the same league as the ones from the Mojo playback but they are there when some of my favourite tracks play over the air. It's just not significant enough to be noticed before.
I'm not sure if others have experienced what I've experienced but it's just an amazing experience I thought I'd share.

Jan 18, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #9,472 of 42,765
  I found myself today on a long walk listening to Joe Rogan's podcast through the Mojo driving my Flare R2Pros. After a couple of hours I thought this is quite silly so I plugged the IEMs straight into the phone. What a difference! Voices sounded so much more natural through the Mojo than straight out of the G4. That was just a silly podcast (well, the Amazing Atheist was on so had to hear it) and Mojo made such a difference. People saying they can't hear the magic playing MUSIC should really check their hearing.

@Dobrescu George get the Mojo already and forget about the X7 as it is guaranteed to give you better SQ and flexibility. I was in that boat, thinking either X7 or maybe LG's V10. However, I can't see myself committing to a phone for more than 6 months and X7 costs enough to make me nervous I would drop it ad break the screen or something. Mojo's  technology is years ahead of anything else portable, is built like a tank (dropped it on my foot, freakin' hurts...) and works so well with my laptop during long office hours. Buying anything else will simply get you second best, end of story.
I understand it is hard to make a decision without testing. Was lucky enough the local dealer here in Adelaide had a demo unit that I could play with. Do you know how long it took to make up my mind? About 20 seconds...

this thread is toxic in the mean that it probably will make me go great lengths to at least hear a mojo.. 

On the bright side, I will write a mail to Romania Chord dealer, and see if they would provide me with an audition of mojo. 

Jan 18, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #9,475 of 42,765
I have this problem with my Mojo, making my desktop alerts and such inaudible.

The cutting of the first second from a track is happening to desktop sounds too, currently using USB input on Windows 7. I assume is the Mojo's auto mute not deactivating quick enough? Sudden sound from silent to something like a short mail alert just get muted and never played.

Is there any known solutions for this problem? Or future driver updates will solve it?

Jan 18, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #9,476 of 42,765
I'm similar to you. Shortly to be 60. Tinnitus and hearing loss.
I have to say I am sceptical. I have been caught so many times over the years.
No offence guys but there is a lack of rigour to this thread IMHO.
I have heard the Hugo and did not think it an improvement over the HO of the iPhone.
Admittedly this was at a meet and only using one track.
I intend to order a Mojo from Amazon and return it if not impressed. Could you not do the same OneTallGuy?

@Kris, no offense here, but not sure what you mean by lack of rigor. This may be the fastes growing thread ever and people have posted multiple impressions and reviews with all types of equipment. I bought my Mojo blind but was not steered wrong by the thread. If anything, "at a meet and only using one track" sounds like a lack of rigor.

But it shouldn't take too much more to hear the difference. Try a few of your best-known tracks on gear you know and please report back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back