Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 22, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #5,596 of 42,765
Dude, it's not mojo problem, it's your power. Some have good power in their home and some dont. Mojo transparent enough to hear your prior chain and power source noise. That's why some get "hum" and some get "hiss", these are all power issue. Try cellphone to mojo to headphone and see if hiss or hum increases or decreases, if there is level of volume changing it's your living home power. Mojo just detailed and transparent so picking it up.

Nov 22, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #5,597 of 42,765

I have no idea if the unit I borrowed had all its stones in a row or not. But it hissed at minimum levels of volume. It hissed on a level, or slightly more, than an original AK100. Manageable, but too much for me. Still, everything else is phenomenal.

My Roxanne almost 2 years old still has perfect seal. Can't hear the fan blowing 3ft away from me. I can detect my faint heartbeat, but no sign of hiss with music paused or not playing. The only hiss I hear is the one present in the recording. e.g. Spanish Harlem by Rebecca Pidgeon. I can hear a faint hiss on parts where she pause.

Nov 22, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #5,598 of 42,765
Dude, it's not mojo problem, it's your power. Some have good power in their home and some dont. Mojo transparent enough to hear your prior chain and power source noise. That's why some get "hum" and some get "hiss", these are all power issue. Try cellphone to mojo to headphone and see if hiss or hum increases or decreases, if there is level of volume changing it's your living home power. Mojo just detailed and transparent so picking it up.

There are some units that hum whenever, connected to a USB charger regardless of what kind. I had one replaced. At the very least it should not hum when connected to a battery pack.

Nov 22, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #5,599 of 42,765

No, that is incorrect. I didn't once use the Mojo connected to any sort of mains. I used only an iPhone and CCK. Mojo is detailed and transparent, but it hisses. All amps hiss. 

Nov 22, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #5,600 of 42,765
I was planning on getting a AK380 but several close HeadFi-ers have advised me against it considering I already have the AK240. So yesterday I saw my AK120 Titan lying around and decided that I will 'make my own AK380' by strapping a Mojo to it.
So I'll be getting a Mojo tomorrow. Is there anything that I should know before buying/using it?

Nov 22, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #5,602 of 42,765
I was planning on getting a AK380 but several close HeadFi-ers have advised me against it considering I already have the AK240. So yesterday I saw my AK120 Titan lying around and decided that I will 'make my own AK380' by strapping a Mojo to it.
So I'll be getting a Mojo tomorrow. Is there anything that I should know before buying/using it?

yes, expect a tiny little hiss to be normal if you are using high sensitive headphones or iems. All electronics hiss to an extent and is normal.

Nov 22, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #5,603 of 42,765
Chord guys are quiet silent, I hope the pervious unrelated argument from your business partners did not discourage you from been present in here. 

I am sure all the Mojo owners got two question on their mind:

1)What are the future accessories for Mojo? Can you guys provide a list please
2)When are they expected to come out?

Thanks guys :)

Nov 22, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #5,604 of 42,765
My experience too with the mojo is that it hisses. Is it very significant? No it isn't. It's a very Low level of hiss. But if you're using a very sensitive multi BA iem, and you're used to something like the pure 2, it's sure as hell going to hiss :)

Nov 22, 2015 at 4:48 AM Post #5,606 of 42,765

Wait for AK320 and see what offers.

Nov 22, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #5,607 of 42,765
  I have an issue with my Mojo's USB ports. They are not flush and are mounted at an angle. This means the USB cables stick out at an angle as well. When I searched this thread/forum and other sites it all looks like the USB ports should be straight and flush. The audio is working wonderfully but I am worried that this will cause problems when accessories become available for the Mojo. Has anyone else had this issue? I was planning on bringing it back to get replaced but wanted to check out what everyone here had to say first?

I took some pictures but can't post directly since I do not have the required permissions so here is an imgur link: http://imgur.com/CHyOzJ2&Ml4Aiyl

I emailed the pictures to the store that I purchased it from and they had a single replacement available and held it for me to pick up. They had great customer service and gave me the replacement after looking at the unit. I got the replacement home and started charging it and it is hissing and making noises while charging. This is the best description of the noises I could find.
  My mojo arrived today and it too suffers from a noise during charging, it can be anything from a sound like the spinning disks on a portable hard drive to a high pitched shriek, audible from some distance. 

John Franks acknowledges the issues and recommends getting a replacement.

Hello sorry for not posting sooner Yes we've shipped many thousands of units and we have had a very few well under ten with this problem it's due to a regulator issue on some early units. Naturally we soon altered the process and have solved this issue but there are a few out there please take it in for an immediate replacement. John E. Franks.

Looks like the replacement will need to be replaced but seeing as they don't have any in stock I am not sure when that will be. I love the Mojo audio quality but I am starting to question the build quality and quality control...although I am hoping that I am just unlucky because the audio quality is amazing and no one really seems to be complaining about the build quality.

Nov 22, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #5,608 of 42,765
Not to gainsay the other posters but my first batch Moon Audio Mojo has absolutely no audible hiss with the highly sensitive SE846. Coming from the legendarily quiet Ray Samuels amps (Protector, Lightning and Intruder) trust me if the Mojo hissed I would hear it. Coupled with the fact that progressive music has some really long songs ("The Whirdwind" by Transatlantic at 89 minutes) there are a lot of quite passages for a hiss to be prevalent.

I only post this so that prospective buyers of the Mojo realize not all Mojos hiss or have problems. I feel I might have been lucky because not only does my Mojo not hiss, it does not hum or rattle when charging. I am experienced none of the common complaints posted on this thread. Mine has been perfect since I took it out of the box a month ago.

Nov 22, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #5,609 of 42,765
Not to gainsay the other posters but my first batch Moon Audio Mojo has absolutely no audible hiss with the highly sensitive SE846. Coming from the legendarily quiet Ray Samuels amps (Protector, Lightning and Intruder) trust me if the Mojo hissed I would hear it. Coupled with the fact that progressive music has some really long songs ("The Whirdwind" by Transatlantic at 89 minutes) there are a lot of quite passages for a hiss to be prevalent.

I only post this so that prospective buyers of the Mojo realize not all Mojos hiss or have problems. I feel I might have been lucky because not only does my Mojo not hiss, it does not hum or rattle when charging. I am experienced none of the common complaints posted on this thread. Mine has been perfect since I took it out of the box a month ago.

You can count yourself lucky in not being sensitive to hiss. I am sure that the previous posters who have experienced hiss would do so with your equipment.

Nov 22, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #5,610 of 42,765
You can count yourself lucky in not being sensitive to hiss. I am sure that the previous posters who have experienced hiss would do so with your equipment.

I would have to disagree. I am very sensitive to any audible hiss and I hear none with my rig. As I stated, my post was not meant to argue or gainsay with other worthy posters who have heard artifacts with their Mojos. So please give me the same courtesy and not presume I would not detect such artifacts in the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back