Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 6, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #4,156 of 42,765
Nov 6, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #4,157 of 42,765
I say take the Mojo to an Apple store.

Not so you can find out about the Macbook socket, but just so you can make the Apple nerds jealous that their mass-produced bling gadgets don't sound anywhere near as good as a quirky aluminium chunk from a small company in Kent...   Who knows... you might even win Chord a few more fans, in doing so... :rolleyes:

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #4,160 of 42,765
  If i'd found it there do you think i'd be asking ? lol I must be having a blonde moment if it's in the specs.

Sowwy, I edited the post and added email Apple if the info is not there.

However I like the idea of going for a pose with the Mojo in the Apple store. (Haha sorry couldn't resist.)

-----

I am currently googling to find out what OTG means to the Mojo. It's all go isn't it?

I have a basic USB cable for PC to Mojo, a long one I mean, ahem Chord. Plus one of those 240V plugs that takes a USB cable and transforms power, at 5V 1A.

I guess fancy function cables are needed to use the Mojo beyond a PC or laptop.

If the NWZ-A15 discharges quickly with the Mojo, I could get the Microsoft Lumia 640. I know, open to criticism, but it is meant to have stellar battery life.

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #4,161 of 42,765

I say take the Mojo to an Apple store.

Not so you can find out about the Macbook socket, but just so you can make the Apple nerds jealous that their mass-produced bling gadgets don't sound anywhere near as good as a quirky aluminium chunk from a small company in Kent...   Who knows... you might even win Chord a few more fans, in doing so...
rolleyes.gif

I got kicked out of Apple's Bluewater store for flashing my old Z1070 around when trying out some headphones... people wanted to hear it & who was I to deny them, taking a Mojo in could cause mayhem...
wink_face.gif

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #4,162 of 42,765
Couple of things, both devices use different DAC implementation so assuming both companies implement their unit with the same DAC the same way (very improbable but we have to start somewhere), the only comparison you could potentially make is with their K2M m920 and the Pulse since both use the same DAC, the m9xx uses a different DAC (AK4490) and probably internal components which will have the potential of sounding different so if you are looking for house sounds then acquiring the m9xxx will do that. You might like one more than the other, in this case sell the one you don't like but keep in mind it'll cost you something due the deep electronic cost depreciation, that's just the nature of the hobby. If it's not something you like doing then stay with the Pulse.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for replying.  I thought I had posted this in the M9xx thread or Chord thread.  I was looking at the Mojo as well that is why I posted here by mistake. 
redface.gif

Nov 6, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #4,163 of 42,765
  I got kicked out of Apple's Bluewater store for flashing my old Z1070 around when trying out some headphones... people wanted to hear it & who was I to deny them, taking a Mojo in could cause mayhem...
wink_face.gif

Megalomania does tend to have insecurity as one of its defining characteristics.

You weren't to blame for that
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #4,165 of 42,765

wink_face.gif

I will be taking not only the Mojo but my LG G4 just to wind them up a bit more. To be fair they quite liked my HA-2 when I took that in, had a laugh with the guy, he asked what it was, to which I replied "it's the bit you forgot to put into your phones to make them sound good" 
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #4,167 of 42,765
  I will be taking not only the Mojo but my LG G4 just to wind them up a bit more. To be fair they quite liked my HA-2 when I took that in, had a laugh with the guy, he asked what it was, to which I replied "it's the bit you forgot to put into your phones to make them sound good" 
biggrin.gif

Mojo sorts your Beats kinda thing?... best take headphones and go the whole hog...
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back