Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 21, 2020 at 4:32 AM Post #40,577 of 42,765
Does anyone have Focal Elegia and Dan Clarke Aeon2 , powered by Mojo?

What are you subjective impressions , for differences between Elegia and Aeon2?
I think @Currawong did a comparison on his YT channel.

Sep 21, 2020 at 5:49 AM Post #40,579 of 42,765
Hey guys

Any recommendations for a decent DAP transport for the MOJO which has streaming support and a decent screen? Fiio M6 thusfar looks best? As important also that isn't much bigger than mojo

The alternative is I sell the mojo and buy a AK Kann Alpha if I judge SQ to be similar when I get to try it out? Big + for DAP is the longer battery life though as well as only having to charge one device ...

Thanks!

Sep 21, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #40,580 of 42,765
Hey guys

Any recommendations for a decent DAP transport for the MOJO which has streaming support and a decent screen? Fiio M6 thusfar looks best? As important also that isn't much bigger than mojo

The alternative is I sell the mojo and buy a AK Kann Alpha if I judge SQ to be similar when I get to try it out? Big + for DAP is the longer battery life though as well as only having to charge one device ...

Thanks!

I have been using the Mojo stacked with the Hiby R3 for the past 1,5 years and have been very happy.
It works perfectly for listening to the tracks on the micro SD card, user interface is really good IMO for such a small device.
Size is almost exactly the same as the Mojo, and it seems to be specifically designed to be stacked with the Mojo as HiBy is offering a USB-C to COAX cable that perfectly matches the Mojo. I do prefer the USB-C to micro-USB cables from FIIO or Shanling though, they sound better to me.

The Hiby R3 can be remote controlled through the HiBy App, which is very useful when connecting the stack to a stereo system.

I don't use the Wifi function of the R3 since the Mojo is too sensitive to RFI and crackles when the R3's Wifi is active.
So for listening to Tidal I connect the Mojo to a PC or the phone via Micro-USB cable. If you have an Android phone you can also use high quality BT streaming to the R3.
With iPhones the BT audio connection is compressed and SQ suffers.

I made a 3D printed frame to stack the Mojo with R3 and a box to take it with me anywhere.

11212136_thumb.jpeg11212137_thumb.jpegIMG_8266.JPG

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #40,581 of 42,765
No idea but glad to hear you're enjoying it again! BTW, can you characterize the differences in sound signature/quality between the Mojo & your previous setup (Asus sound card)?

The Asus was no slouch, but the Mojo felt definitely warmer, it was subjectively smoother, higher resolution, intimate.

Sep 24, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #40,582 of 42,765
Hey guys

Thanks!

I'm using my M6 with the Mojo and it works well. I have yet to use it with the M6's wifi turned on though, so not sure about potential RFI.

Oct 9, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #40,583 of 42,765
I am quite new to Mojo and has a problem with DSD128/256
My setting is as follows:-

Neutron app on IPad mini4 - > Apple CCK cable - > Nordost usb cable - > Chord Mojo

I find out that sometimes I experience intermittentcy during playback DSD128/DSD256. I tried other USB cable but it doesn't help much. The issue is the same.

However when I replace Mojo with my desktop dac/Amp. The issue is gone and DSD128/256 is played flawlessly.

Recently I stopped by at the audio shop I bought my mojo in order to test Poly+Mojo but the issue with DSD128/256 remains existing. Playing dsd128 and dsd256 have some stops/stutters.
Anyone has the similar issue like mine? Any advice?

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #40,584 of 42,765
I am quite new to Mojo and has a problem with DSD128/256
My setting is as follows:-

Neutron app on IPad mini4 - > Apple CCK cable - > Nordost usb cable - > Chord Mojo

I find out that sometimes I experience intermittentcy during playback DSD128/DSD256. I tried other USB cable but it doesn't help much. The issue is the same.

However when I replace Mojo with my desktop dac/Amp. The issue is gone and DSD128/256 is played flawlessly.

Recently I stopped by at the audio shop I bought my mojo in order to test Poly+Mojo but the issue with DSD128/256 remains existing. Playing dsd128 and dsd256 have some stops/stutters.
Anyone has the similar issue like mine? Any advice?
I have similar issue when I upsampled using Audirvana in mac pro to DSD256. It would cutoff sometimes. I thought my macbook was overloaded and hence I stopped upsampling to DSD256. Had no issue till DSD64. May be it was Mojo After all. Most of my desktop gear are NOS R2R and non plays DSD so I couldn't test of the issue was macbook or desktop rig.

Oct 9, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #40,585 of 42,765
Can sound quality degrade as the battery goes through its life cycle? I'm thinking in terms of voltage drop in older batteries affecting playback quality. I recently replaced my battery (not holding charge for more than 2.5 hours) and noticed a change in the playback quality for the better (same IEMs / volume / source music) since the replacement.

Oct 9, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #40,586 of 42,765
Hello,
Anyone has a solution for interface? I buy a mojo second hand few months ago and I had radio interference when I use 4G.

Mojo is around 10-14 inches from phone with an USB around 1 meter long. But is pointless, I can't put my phone on airplane mode because I use TIDAL...

I use mojo with Fiio FH7 and Samsung galaxy note 10 plus.

Thanks!

Oct 9, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #40,587 of 42,765
Hello,
Anyone has a solution for interface? I buy a mojo second hand few months ago and I had radio interference when I use 4G.

Mojo is around 10-14 inches from phone with an USB around 1 meter long. But is pointless, I can't put my phone on airplane mode because I use TIDAL...

Thanks!
Certainly Mojo had some problems with 2G, but you are using 4G.
Adding a ferrite choke to the usb cable, can remove virtually all the RFI. Search this thread for links to ferrite chokes that worked for owners - they only cost a few euros.

Oct 10, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #40,588 of 42,765
Hello,

Thanks!

Refer to my post at:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-mojo-dac-amp-☆★►faq-in-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/post-15445076

Some additional notes:
- For a 1 meter cable, you may need to use more ferrites separated by at least 1.5-2cm.
- if you're still not satisfied, try shielding the Mojo too..

Oct 13, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #40,589 of 42,765
Can sound quality degrade as the battery goes through its life cycle? I'm thinking in terms of voltage drop in older batteries affecting playback quality. I recently replaced my battery (not holding charge for more than 2.5 hours) and noticed a change in the playback quality for the better (same IEMs / volume / source music) since the replacement.

This is an interesting question. Watching for future replies with interest.

Oct 21, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #40,590 of 42,765
playing high resolution files trough Android puts a lot of stress on the mobile ram and processor. CD quality will not cause glitches. dsd in dop puts still more stress. so better to stop all unnecessary apps on Android and use higher buffer setting. the problem may not be with mojo. I have used USB audio player pro to feed Hugo from redmi s1 and even dxd files played fine. also a blu Ray player like pioneer bdp 160 can be a very good source to Hugo and mojo in desktop setup. these days blu Ray player are able to play almost all av format through USB input of the blu Ray player and coaxial out can be fed to mojo or Hugo. I am using two audioquest jitterbug one each in USB inputs of blu Ray player and these have improved the sound further. another transport I use is fiiox3 2 gen which is also a very good option. IMHO sources like fiio x3/x5 or any other dap are better than a mobile through USB out.

Hi, appreciate this is a very old post. Wondering if you could still help me. I tried to connect my blu ray player with Chord Mojo using an optical cable. However the blu ray player is still producing sound through the HDMI connection. If I disconnect the HDMI connection from the blu ray player I can't see the blu ray options on the TV. Within the blu ray player settings there is no option to disable HDMI sound. Can you suggest a possible solution. Many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back