Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 17, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #39,976 of 42,765
Thx for very detailed info, Tempotec V1 is only transport, getting signal via Bluetooth ldac and usb out to mojo. honestly i never heard mojo better than with V1.

As V1 had both coax and usb I wanted to try both, anyway as Coax is not working I can live with USB.

Mar 18, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #39,980 of 42,765
Hiby R3 is a bit more but has a nice user interface and pairs perfectly with the Mojo for offline use. I have the FIIO cable as well and it works perfectly.
Good option IMO especially if you can get it used since the R3 Pro is now on the market.
74F1562F-E432-4C0A-98B9-BE013ADB6945.jpeg

Attachments

• BC3CA3A7-5A16-4B96-9FC2-76D6F1057332.jpeg
    BC3CA3A7-5A16-4B96-9FC2-76D6F1057332.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 18, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #39,981 of 42,765
Right
I wanna use it as a portable setup
Also with usb
I have fiio otg micro usb to usb C
Using Mojo with your mobile + OTG cable is probably cheapest and still good option for portable usage scenario unless you really want a dedicated device for example to play from files only. Keep in mid that Mojo is quite heavy comparing to its compact size and gets warm so this is probably not the best option for jogging for example.

Mar 18, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #39,982 of 42,765
Right
I wanna use it as a portable setup
Also with usb
I have fiio otg micro usb to usb C

It's a difficult one, possibly something like the Shanling M0, or Fiio models such as the M5,M6 & M7 within that price range

But do you, for example, need access to streaming services such as Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify etc or will you be playing back solely from SD card?

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #39,983 of 42,765
I did this method and found that it makes the humming/buzzing noise almost instantly. I tried multiple chargers and then all gave the same result. Can you confirm your setup does not have the buzzing and what charging volt/amps you are using? I would greatly appreciate it!

I just experienced the same thing. My unit was making a buzzing noise just before the full charge was achieved, with the unit off. This is normal, I understand.

I opened the unit, delicately unplugged the battery, then closed the unit. I plugged it in using the Chord stock charger cable - immediate loud buzzing noise. Increasing volume takes the noise to an even higher level after a certain point (one increase, not increasing concurrently with the volume). I tried charging from the desktop and my laptop, same buzzing noise.

Has anyone figured out why this happens when the battery is disconnected? I thought it was supposed to work flawlessly as a desktop unit once the battery is unplugged.

Mar 19, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #39,984 of 42,765
Thanks guys...
It's a difficult one, possibly something like the Shanling M0, or Fiio models such as the M5,M6 & M7 within that price range

But do you, for example, need access to streaming services such as Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify etc or will you be playing back solely from SD card?
I just want use it offline, I don’t care about streaming service

Mar 19, 2020 at 4:20 AM Post #39,985 of 42,765
Thanks guys...

I just want use it offline, I don’t care about streaming service

I would still advise you to use Xduoo X10T II or maybe its older brother. Since new one costs $230 you could probably try to get a used one for half the price? You will not be forced to use only USB and X10T will not influence in any way SQ and sound signature. I got Mojo because of its sound so if you can get something that will not influence it is worth getting in my book but YMMV. While I never had Poly I still do not see it as worth Mojo upgrade option due to price tag which will be similar in your case especially if you want to use only card slot. I have some Fiio gear and it always worked well and sounded well especially if you consider price tags (I am talking about cheaper models not M15 or M11 Pro) so as already suggested this may be a good option.

Nevertheless I would still go with X10TII or I :wink: Look at it as purchased not dedicated only for Mojo but for your other setups (including those in the future) as well.

Mar 19, 2020 at 4:25 AM Post #39,986 of 42,765
I would still advise you to use Xduoo X10T II or maybe its older brother. Since new one costs $230 you could probably try to get a used one for half the price? You will not be forced to use only USB and X10T will not influence in any way SQ and sound signature. I got Mojo because of its sound so if you can get something that will not influence it is worth getting in my book but YMMV. While I never had Poly I still do not see it as worth Mojo upgrade option due to price tag which will be similar in your case especially if you want to use only card slot. I have some Fiio gear and it always worked well and sounded well especially if you consider price tags (I am talking about cheaper models not M15 or M11 Pro) so as already suggested this may be a good option.

Nevertheless I would still go with X10TII or I :wink: Look at it as purchased not dedicated only for Mojo but for your other setups (including those in the future) as well.
Thanks man
I dont like the Xduoo X10T specially for the price
What you think abaout fiio m6?

Mar 19, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #39,987 of 42,765
Thanks man
I dont like the Xduoo X10T specially for the price
What you think abaout fiio m6?
I know and will not try to convince anymore :wink: I never had m6 myself but as I've said: all Fiio stuff I have and I've heard was usually at least good comparing to price tag and was well build. I also had no problems with drivers under Win10. But I wouldn't base your choice on my advice here and would strongly advice to listen to others who had at least some experience with m6. One thing that comes to my mind: if you want complete setup to be run from batteries it makes sense to get a player that will last at least as long as Mojo.

Mar 19, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #39,988 of 42,765
Temptec V1 awesome transport for Mojo

$70 and does bitperfect, i am using them mojo and very happy with SQ, it does streaming as well as Bluetooth receiver

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #39,990 of 42,765
Hi all,

I was having charging issues with my Mojo. I had it serviced (including the installation of a new battery) AND I got new USB cables directly from Chord. Here’s the thing: I have used a combination of THREE Apple 2A chargers with THREE different USB cables... nothing has changed the problem. I only get one hour of playtime from over eight hours of “charging”. The light doesn’t flash when charging, it remains on.

Any thoughts?

Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

• Wepu
Back