Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 30, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #39,511 of 42,765
Can someone recommend me a cable connecting the Mojo to Ipad please. In europe.
I would like to have a cable without adapters. Like a lightning cable with micro b.
I have a micro b to micro b cable for my android samsung phone

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #39,512 of 42,765
Can someone recommend me a cable connecting the Mojo to Ipad please. In europe.
I would like to have a cable without adapters. Like a lightning cable with micro b.
I have a micro b to micro b cable for my android samsung phone

meenova
Comes in 2 lenghts
Had a problem with one, got it fixed quickly
Good product and service

Nov 30, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #39,514 of 42,765
Yes Meenova looks good but in us only it seems. I live in europe

I also live in Europe, ordered the cables and received them quite fast.
As I wrote I had a problem with the long cable and Meenova was very helpful to resolve it quickly.

Dec 1, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #39,516 of 42,765
hi people, i wanna ask.
bout to buy my first dac/amp, and it should be the best bang for the bucks, cz my budget is limited.
the option are ifi micro ican se (used for $200) and chord mojo 1st batch (used for $280).
is there any significant difference for extra $80? is that extra bucks worth for the improvement and whats the different?
i need it for my ath R70X and tin p1 planar..
thanks< sorry my bad english :)

Dec 2, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #39,517 of 42,765
I know that this has been discussed before in this thread, but I am just wondering about the current consensus.

I am about to order an Xduoo X-10T ii transport to replace the Shanling M0, as I am it extremely difficult to use (tiny touchscreen, poor metadata display meets 256GB of classical and jazz files...). Also I am not sure how long the mini-USB socket will last with continuous connection and disconnection.

Coming from the world of conventional high-end audio, I have always accepted it to be a self-evident truth that, after direct I2S connection, the best connection between transport and DAC is coaxial SPDIF. In my „big rig“, I would never dream of using Toslink, primarily due to the extra circuitry required to convert an electrical signal into an optical one, and back again. Moreover, I remember reading that Toslink was designed for Redbook, and isn’t really suitable for sample rates above 96kHz.

In this thread, a number of posters seem to prefer optical to coaxial. Is this a view shared by the majority? I appreciate that some Mojo owners may have no choice, as their transports (usually A&K) lack a coaxial digital output. Surely a dedicated, battery-powered transport will be both clean and quiet enough (unlike the average PC) not to need galvanic isolation!

Dec 2, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #39,518 of 42,765
Hello

I am using pi 3 b+ with AIODE digital soundcard and connected with chord optical cable... previously i connect using coaxial.. but since i get the chord optical cable that can transmit up to 24/192, i never look back.. the sound so musical... i am using stax srs-3100 to listen to them..

Dec 2, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #39,519 of 42,765
I know that this has been discussed before in this thread, but I am just wondering about the current consensus.

I am about to order an Xduoo X-10T ii transport to replace the Shanling M0, as I am it extremely difficult to use (tiny touchscreen, poor metadata display meets 256GB of classical and jazz files...). Also I am not sure how long the mini-USB socket will last with continuous connection and disconnection.

Coming from the world of conventional high-end audio, I have always accepted it to be a self-evident truth that, after direct I2S connection, the best connection between transport and DAC is coaxial SPDIF. In my „big rig“, I would never dream of using Toslink, primarily due to the extra circuitry required to convert an electrical signal into an optical one, and back again. Moreover, I remember reading that Toslink was designed for Redbook, and isn’t really suitable for sample rates above 96kHz.

In this thread, a number of posters seem to prefer optical to coaxial. Is this a view shared by the majority? I appreciate that some Mojo owners may have no choice, as their transports (usually A&K) lack a coaxial digital output. Surely a dedicated, battery-powered transport will be both clean and quiet enough (unlike the average PC) not to need galvanic isolation!

IME coax and optical sound the same, given the source is up to par. I run coax myself.

Dec 3, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #39,520 of 42,765
Tried both out of my Shinrico last night (Funk Tonstudiotechnik coax, Ixos „medical grade“ optical).

The difference was subtle: the coax connection gave slightly tighter bass and more PRaT. There wasn’t too much in it, though...

Dec 3, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #39,521 of 42,765
Tried both out of my Shinrico last night (Funk Tonstudiotechnik coax, Ixos „medical grade“ optical).

The difference was subtle: the coax connection gave slightly tighter bass and more PRaT. There wasn’t too much in it, though...

What is PRaT?

Currently using it via the TOSLINK optical.
Is it worth switching to coaxial? I don't need the extra sample rate.

Does it sound different between the three inputs?

Only had two listening sessions via the optical and USB. Maybe it's my imagination, but it seemed to sound better on the USB.
The optical comes out of an Xonar DGX.

Could not tell the difference in sound with the power cable connected and disconnected.

After the device is fully charged, if it's kept connected with the USB power connector connected, the charging light is white, and stays that way.
If the USB charging cable is disconnected, the white turns blue.
Is this normal behavior?

It also seems to stay slightly warm when off, with the power cable connected.

What is the limitation for the USB power and signal cables? Is 1.8m or 3m too long?

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 12:36 AM Post #39,522 of 42,765
PRaT: Pace, Rhythm and Timing....

Oh, and I really wouldn’t leave the Mojo charging constantly. It’s not good for the battery (see earlier in the thread).

Dec 4, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #39,523 of 42,765
What is PRaT?

Currently using it via the TOSLINK optical.
Is it worth switching to coaxial? I don't need the extra sample rate.

Does it sound different between the three inputs?

Only had two listening sessions via the optical and USB. Maybe it's my imagination, but it seemed to sound better on the USB.
The optical comes out of an Xonar DGX.

Could not tell the difference in sound with the power cable connected and disconnected.

After the device is fully charged, if it's kept connected with the USB power connector connected, the charging light is white, and stays that way.
If the USB charging cable is disconnected, the white turns blue.
Is this normal behavior?

It also seems to stay slightly warm when off, with the power cable connected.

What is the limitation for the USB power and signal cables? Is 1.8m or 3m too long?

As @CJG888 said - there are a number of reports about premature aging and death of the battery if left continuously connected.
If you really want to use it daily in a desktop setup, put a timer between your charger and the AC outlet that only switches on the charger for maybe 2 hours during the night to at least only charge it when not in use.
For maximum lifetime of a LiPo battery it's best to keep it somwhere in between full and empty.

Regarding inputs, I find the coax a little smoother, the USB somewhat clearer and livlier when using it with my HiBy R3 as source.
I prefer the USB connection. Mechanically however the micro USB is a little weak, so I made a case and a transport box for mobile use.
IMG_3499_thumb.PNG
Box.JPG

Dec 4, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #39,524 of 42,765
As @CJG888 said - there are a number of reports about premature aging and death of the battery if left continuously connected.
If you really want to use it daily in a desktop setup, put a timer between your charger and the AC outlet that only switches on the charger for maybe 2 hours during the night to at least only charge it when not in use.
For maximum lifetime of a LiPo battery it's best to keep it somwhere in between full and empty.

Regarding inputs, I find the coax a little smoother, the USB somewhat clearer and livlier when using it with my HiBy R3 as source.
I prefer the USB connection. Mechanically however the micro USB is a little weak, so I made a case and a transport box for mobile use.

Thanks.

But it's ok to leave it connected if the device is off?

What about the cable length, is there a limit here, would 3m/10ft be too long?

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #39,525 of 42,765
Thanks.

But it's ok to leave it connected if the device is off?

What about the cable length, is there a limit here, would 3m/10ft be too long?

I would also not leave it connected with the Mojo off.
LiPo batteries dont like being kept at full charge and don't like high or low temperatures.

for signal cables I'd generally try to keep them short. Charging cables should not be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back