Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 28, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #39,421 of 42,765
I can also recommend Anker. Go for 2A and upwards.

Oct 28, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #39,422 of 42,765
Was wondering if one of those ifi usb silencers might be helpful with charging noise. Charging noise can also be significantly reduced by using a battery powerbank for charging if you do need to use your Mojo while charging at the same time.

Oct 30, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #39,423 of 42,765
Wanted to get your thoughts on an issue. I've got the Mojo running off a MS Surface running Windows 10 Pro. I manually installed the Mojo driver.

Using the supplied USB Cable that came with the Mojo.

I'm streaming Amazon HD music.

The issue is that i'm not able to get past 48khz (orange light on Mojo). This the Amazon HD pop up for 'Nora Jones- Don't know why'.

Ultra HD Audio
Track Quality: 24 bit / 192 kHz
Device Capability: 24 bit / 48 kHz
Currently playing at: 24 bit / 48 kHz

Seems like Mojo for some reason isnt being able to recognize the higher bit rate?

I've reinstalled the driver as well.

Thoughts on how to address this?

Thanks in advance!

Jakeg

Oct 30, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #39,424 of 42,765
Wanted to get your thoughts on an issue. I've got the Mojo running off a MS Surface running Windows 10 Pro. I manually installed the Mojo driver.

The issue is that i'm not able to get past 48khz (orange light on Mojo). This the Amazon HD pop up for 'Nora Jones- Don't know why'.

Ultra HD Audio

Seems like Mojo for some reason isnt being able to recognize the higher bit rate?

Thanks in advance!

Jakeg
Check the settings for windows and the music player.
The original streamed track could well be 192 kHz, but something is making the Surface downsample to 48 kHz, and then stream that to the Mojo.

Oct 30, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #39,425 of 42,765
Check the settings for windows and the music player.
The original streamed track could well be 192 kHz, but something is making the Surface downsample to 48 kHz, and then stream that to the Mojo.

@miketlse, thanks. So in the Windows Settings Menu, these are the choices. I've got the outputs set to Chord Mojo, but there isn't a further adjustment i can find..
upload_2019-10-30_16-58-40.png

Thoughts on where other adjustments can be made?

Oct 30, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #39,426 of 42,765

Ultra HD Audio

Thanks in advance!

Jakeg

AFAIK, Amazon HD doesn't have any sort of exclusive mode for Windows, so everything is running through the mixer in the OS and playing at the bit-rate set in Windows audio settings.

Oct 30, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #39,427 of 42,765
Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #39,429 of 42,765
Oct 31, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #39,430 of 42,765
When I stream from my Samsung S9, the light for stream quality shows up as a very blue blue. Bluer than the one shown in the manual for 192kHz. In any case, it cannot be 192 because it is blue whether I stream from Youtube, Spotify, or Qobuz. But Qobuz for sure is 44, so why does it not change to red. When I stream Qobuz on my PC it does change to red. What can this blue mean?

Oct 31, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #39,431 of 42,765
When I stream from my Samsung S9, the light for stream quality shows up as a very blue blue. Bluer than the one shown in the manual for 192kHz. In any case, it cannot be 192 because it is blue whether I stream from Youtube, Spotify, or Qobuz. But Qobuz for sure is 44, so why does it not change to red. When I stream Qobuz on my PC it does change to red. What can this blue mean?
Your s9 is upsampling all audio to that resolution. It's an issue with Android. It runs all audio through the Android audio stack and resampled before sending to the DAC.

Oct 31, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #39,432 of 42,765
Your s9 is upsampling all audio to that resolution. It's an issue with Android. It runs all audio through the Android audio stack and resampled before sending to the DAC.

Thanks. And is this a somewhat good thing, or is the Android upsampling essentially bad for sound quality?

Oct 31, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #39,433 of 42,765
Thanks. And is this a somewhat good thing, or is the Android upsampling essentially bad for sound quality?
Naw, Android sample rate conversion sounds noticeably worse than listening to the same DAC through say an iPhone, where the audio goes untouched. At the same time, it still sounds better than the DAC in phone, and still better than any lesser DAC connected. It's what you have so you live with it.

Oct 31, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #39,434 of 42,765
Naw, Android sample rate conversion sounds noticeably worse than listening to the same DAC through say an iPhone, where the audio goes untouched. At the same time, it still sounds better than the DAC in phone, and still better than any lesser DAC connected. It's what you have so you live with it.

Thanks. I did some research and it appears that there is no way to avoid this upsampling on Android, not even with some admin mode commands. Annoying. I will do some testing to see if I hear a difference when playing Qobuz from my PC vs from my mobile.

Oct 31, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #39,435 of 42,765
Thanks. I did some research and it appears that there is no way to avoid this upsampling on Android, not even with some admin mode commands. Annoying. I will do some testing to see if I hear a difference when playing Qobuz from my PC vs from my mobile.

You can avoid it while streaming either Tidal or Qobuz if you use UAPP for android. Note: this won't work for "offline" files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back