Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 3, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #37,261 of 42,765
Are there any really serious and known inconveniences for using Hiby R3 with Mojo?

I bought the R3 specifically for pairing with the Mojo.
The size is perfect, the touch screen user interface is very nice.

I made a 3D printed case for the pair and am very happy with the looks, the size and the usability.

When stacked that closely I got some RFI though, switched off Wifi in the R3 and it was gone. I did not try ferrits or other shielding.
4E46680D-3807-41CB-BCBC-3A025F37D49C.jpeg 32266035-E582-4855-B83B-694E8AB72FAB.jpeg

Sep 4, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #37,263 of 42,765
Where can I purchase Mojo original battery replacement from the US?

in the first instance you should contact your Chord-Dealer via email/phone requesting a new battery.

If you 'do not' want to deal with your local Chord Dealer (for whatever reason), I would advise that you contact Chord's Distributor in the US (Bluebird Music) and ask for advice, or contact Chord direct.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #37,265 of 42,765
If you are pretty sure it’s the battery, you are out of warranty, and can use a screwdriver, you can try this:
https://www.hifipro.ca/product/chord-electronics-mojo-original-battery-replacement-accessories

Really easy to repair if you purchase this battery
Thank you very much for the link. I will buy this if I cannot get one from Chord US distributor (Chord UK is helping me on this, so I will follow along for now).

Is there a proper way to check if the problem is on the battery or the charging circuit, without replacing the battery first?

Sep 5, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #37,266 of 42,765
If you 'do not' want to deal with your local Chord Dealer (for whatever reason), I would advise that you contact Chord's Distributor in the US (Bluebird Music) and ask for advice, or contact Chord direct.

FWIW, Chord should get a better USA distributor IMO. I've had contact with Bluebird Music on more than one occasion previously, and they were quite frankly, really bad. No other way to put it.

Sep 5, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #37,267 of 42,765
FWIW, Chord should get a better USA distributor IMO. I've had contact with Bluebird Music on more than one occasion previously, and they were quite frankly, really bad. No other way to put it.
Bluebird Music is actually located in Canada instead of US. I can not find any US distributor through googling. Does anyone know where to purchase original Mojo battery replacement in the US?

Sep 5, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #37,268 of 42,765
Bluebird Music is actually located in Canada instead of US. I can not find any US distributor through googling. Does anyone know where to purchase original Mojo battery replacement in the US?

They service the USA too but the issue is that they will tell you they are a wholesaler and that they do not speak to end consumers.

Okay, fine. I then asked them if they can refer me to a USA dealer. They gave me this link to fill out on their website: https://www.bluebirdmusic.com/find-a-dealer.html

I did so, and never heard anything back. So, they're completely useless to those of us in the USA.

In the USA, the only Chord dealer I know of is Moon-Audio, so you might try contacting them: https://www.moon-audio.com

But Chord really needs to step up their game in the USA and get a more reliable distributor.

BlueBird cares only about what they perceive as THEIR customers, the authorized dealers, and will do whatever they can to not even talk to an end consumer.

@Mojo ideas

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #37,269 of 42,765
Anyone know, is the below true? This is from a Chord dealer:

"Chord devices use trickle charging. A trickle charger always defaults the Amp/Dac circuit to DC power vs AC when plugged into the wall to charge. This provides a much cleaner, quieter sound and the unit will run off the battery until it gets to about 15% and then the charger kicks in to charge the unit again until it reaches some maximum percentage."

sorry for the delay in replying, I needed confirmation first, in reply:-

the relevant point worth covering in your post is the fact that Chord units never run off the power supply. They have their power provided in DC from the battery at all times, no matter what percentage of charge they are holding.

Chord always recommend that you disconnect the charger if the unit is not in use. This allows the battery a chance to deplete etc. Mojo will not continuously smart charge if you leave it plugged into a charger 24/7. It will always eventually run out so it has to be disconnected from the charger... hth.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #37,270 of 42,765

the relevant point worth covering in your post is the fact that Chord units never run off the power supply. They have their power provided in DC from the battery at all times, no matter what percentage of charge they are holding.

Chord always recommend that you disconnect the charger if the unit is not in use. This allows the battery a chance to deplete etc. Mojo will not continuously smart charge if you leave it plugged into a charger 24/7. It will always eventually run out so it has to be disconnected from the charger... hth.

Sorry for that but the message is not in accordance with the following post(#13172).
If it has changed since , no worries, but the recommendations must be clear.

It was designed to run this way. If you want to maximize battery life, then turn Mojo off when not using it, with the charger connected permanently and it will be fine as the charger will disconnect automatically, and re-charge automatically when the battery voltage drops.

Rob

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #37,274 of 42,765

Sorry for that but the message is not in accordance with the following post(#13172).
If it has changed since , no worries, but the recommendations must be clear.

It was designed to run this way. If you want to maximize battery life, then turn Mojo off when not using it, with the charger connected permanently and it will be fine as the charger will disconnect automatically, and re-charge automatically when the battery voltage drops.

ahaa, I'll double-check Arpiben and get back to you.

Please at least get on the same page (so to speak) before instructing customers of something which may be incorrect!

Really seems like this is the least we can ask as customers. @OK-Guy @Mojo ideas @Rob Watts

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back