Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 3, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #3,693 of 42,765
Here is my desktop Coax cable it's actually a 75 ohm mini coax, very tiny but with a great digital divide. I am planning to make a shorter 3 inch version for connection maybe the Mojo with my X5. I ordered a Glass Toslink 4 inch tip to tip cable for the Toslink connection so we'll see which one plays nicely the best.

Where's the Mojo? :D

Nov 3, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #3,695 of 42,765
Some of you guys might be using the Mojo with an iPhone and the CCK, before the Fiio L19 get available.
To add an extra cable is a real PITA.
Here is the solution

you just add the little adapter to your CCK and that's it.

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/251768007702?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
By the way buy at least 2, because it could be fragile.

You can see the result with my iPhone 6s Plus

And to fix both units, I just add some 3M Dual lock

Surely the Apple CCK requires a male USB connector? The photo and the description tell me that this is female.

Ian

Sorry for the delay in pointing this out. I have been too busy comparing Mojo with my Hugo.

Nov 3, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #3,696 of 42,765

Surely the Apple CCK requires a male USB connector? The photo and the description tell me that this is female.

Ian

Sorry for the delay in pointing this out. I have been too busy comparing Mojo with my Hugo.

I actually ordered a male to male as per my earlier post; apologies, but I hadn't spotted that the one that was originally posted was the wrong gender as this one looked more robust. Amazon's pictures and descriptions of these isn't always clear. I should have this tomorrow so I'll try and remember to confirm if it's ok.

Startech USB A to Micro USB B Cable Adapter - Male to Male

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001K9BEJ6?keywords=usb%20a%20male%20micro%20usb%20male%20adapter&qid=1446319703&ref_=sr_1_28&sr=8-28

31jhBE8YJuL._SX466_.jpg

Nov 3, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #3,697 of 42,765

Far cheaper in UK to get Fiio X5 i or ii?  Admit, if those US prices were available here, I might be tempted, though I do find DX90 and X5 great matches for the Hugo and Mojo. I have one attached to each, but now cant lend a DAP to my wife.

How many DAPs does one need?
biggrin.gif

I did look at those but I've owned both the DX90 and X5 in the past, fancied trying something new with the Mojo but may well go down that route or possibly the new DX80 if it gets good reviews.

just got dx80 , on first listen it sounds like an improved dx90 , keeps the clarity beefs up the sound (lows/mids)

definitely gonna try it out with mojo (when my town rep brings it) and will post impressions on the dx80 imps thread

Nov 3, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #3,698 of 42,765

Ian

Maybe that male adapter has been circumcised? The outer sheath appears to have been removed...
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 3, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #3,699 of 42,765
reading this thread as an interested person on mojo , i come across a lot of whining

people whining about 10-20 day delays
people whining about not wanting to buy a $300 dap (when they have probably paid thousands of euros on cellphones)
people whining on sily 1st world problems

people too well fed and too soft, just whining.

the decline of western civilization begins i guess from becoming too soft and too greedy. and too whining 
rolleyes.gif

cheers....

Nov 3, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #3,700 of 42,765
Thanks to Taz23! Mine previous set always charging and did not auto off the charging even if it is full. It can switch on but the issue is always charging. Now the new set has no issue on this. After i had charged the new set for around 2hrs plus, the charging light goes off but i continue to charge as some of them said for 10hrs. Hopefully, the 1st charge for 10hrs is alright.

Nov 3, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #3,701 of 42,765
Just be patient. You'll be getting your Mojo soon.

Thanks, but I'm not impatient.  I'm definitely prepared to wait it out.  Everything says it's worth the wait.  Of course, getting it sooner rather than later is a good thing, too. 
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #3,702 of 42,765
Thanks to Taz23! Mine previous set always charging and did not auto off the charging even if it is full. It can switch on but the issue is always charging. Now the new set has no issue on this. After i had charged the new set for around 2hrs plus, the charging light goes off but i continue to charge as some of them said for 10hrs. Hopefully, the 1st charge for 10hrs is alright.

As noted by Chord if the light goes off you are good to go. The 10 hours is for units that have been on the shelf for a fairly long time. Not going to be the case for a long while I suspect.

Nov 3, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #3,703 of 42,765
As noted by Chord if the light goes off you are good to go. The 10 hours is for units that have been on the shelf for a fairly long time. Not going to be the case for a long while I suspect.

Yep, mine was shorter than that, once I put it on a charger that was properly powered. I strongly recommend the Anker PowerPort 2. Your typical iPhone small "cube" charger does not have enough juice IME. 

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerPort-Foldable-Portable-Chargers/dp/B012WMWPJW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446599559&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+powerport+2

They make nice batteries and cords as well. I have the PowerCore 20100 battery. It's two high power ports charge my AK100/Mojo stack very quickly at the same time. 

http://www.amazon.com/Compact-20000mAh-Portable-Anker-PowerCore/dp/B00X5RV14Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1446599648&sr=8-2&keywords=anker+battery

Cheers 

Nov 3, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #3,705 of 42,765
Yesterday, i did buy a new usb 4 port charger which has 2.4amp for each port. This will make sure all devices can have enough juice and charge faster.

Yep, they have one of those as well. 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VH8G1SY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back