Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 6, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #36,376 of 42,765
I found out an issue with my Mojo.

During the charging I cannot turn on it in "level out mode".

Basically, I press the two buttons but the Mojo start without the normal boot process (changing the first ball colors).

If I unplug the charging cable everything back normal (level out works and the same for the boot sequence process).

Is that normal?

The Mojo should boot up into line level output, if you select that by holding the two volume buttons down. It should do this with the charging cable attached, or unattached.

May 6, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #36,377 of 42,765
The Mojo should boot up into line level output, if you select that by holding the two volume buttons down. It should do this with the charging cable attached, or unattached.

In my case, If I try to push the two buttons during the charge, it will not go into the level out mode and also it won’t do the boot sequence.

If I remember well in the past I didn’t have this behavior.

May 6, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #36,378 of 42,765
In my case, If I try to push the two buttons during the charge, it will not go into the level out mode and also it won’t do the boot sequence.

Same thing here. I was pulling my hair out until I found your post. Thank you.

I can't say if it worked while charging before, I don't remember if I tried it. But now that I'm charging it I tried 10 times and could not get it to work. Unplugged the power cable and voila, blue buttons...

May 6, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #36,381 of 42,765
Same thing here. I was pulling my hair out until I found your post. Thank you.

I can't say if it worked while charging before, I don't remember if I tried it. But now that I'm charging it I tried 10 times and could not get it to work. Unplugged the power cable and voila, blue buttons...

same problem mine, then I understood that it was the recharge that nn allowed the exit of line

This is bad for the people (like me) that use Mojo in “desktop stable” mode attached to a regular speakers’s amplifier.

May 6, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #36,382 of 42,765
This is bad for the people (like me) that use Mojo in “desktop stable” mode attached to a regular speakers’s amplifier.

I was just thinking the reason it stays in the same mode while charging is so I don't have to set it to line out mode every time I turn it on, since it's plugged into my integrated amp. So for me, if it remembers the previous mode when charging, that's good. But yeah, unexpected volume surprises are not fun! :wink:

May 6, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #36,383 of 42,765

Well I never thought that my Mojo would not start up in line level out, while charging. However just to be totally sure, I triple checked it today. To be sure it will start up at line-level, while plugged in.

To make totally sure I then reduced volume significantly. Then restarted the Mojo, and it came on at the reduced level. .. To be totally sure again, I restarted in line-level. Then reduced the volume a couple of clicks. Turned it off, and on again, all while plugged in to charger. It came on a the slightly reduced volume. .. The again and again, I turned volume right down. Then restarted Mojo in line-level, while plugged in, and it starts up right in line level, on two blue.

May 6, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #36,384 of 42,765
I was just thinking the reason it stays in the same mode while charging is so I don't have to set it to line out mode every time I turn it on, since it's plugged into my integrated amp. So for me, if it remembers the previous mode when charging, that's good. But yeah, unexpected volume surprises are not fun! :wink:

Nope, it doesn’t remember the last mode set (level out mode) in fact, when I turn on it, if I change the volume with the balls, the changing of volume is not the one of the level out mode but is the one of the normal mode. So it's not that.

May 6, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #36,385 of 42,765
Well I never thought that my Mojo would not start up in line level out, while charging. However just to be totally sure, I triple checked it today. To be sure it will start up at line-level, while plugged in.

To make totally sure I then reduced volume significantly. Then restarted the Mojo, and it came on at the reduced level. .. To be totally sure again, I restarted in line-level. Then reduced the volume a couple of clicks. Turned it off, and on again, all while plugged in to charger. It came on a the slightly reduced volume. .. The again and again, I turned volume right down. Then restarted Mojo in line-level, while plugged in, and it starts up right in line level, on two blue.

Then some of us are without luck and other are lucky... I think in the past the behaviour of my Mojo was the correct (wake up correctly in line level mode during the charging).

May 6, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #36,386 of 42,765
Then some of us are without luck and other are lucky... I think in the past the behaviour of my Mojo was the correct (wake up correctly in line level mode during the charging).

This is what seems to be happening here. But I just got the mojo and have not tried much experimenting. Everything has been sheer accident and bad luck :wink:

Can anyone confirm DSD color is not really white, but pinkish white? I do like the idea of colors but they're much harder to describe than digits. Maybe the next version should have an LED display?

May 6, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #36,387 of 42,765

Exactly the same here. Thats how its suppose to act.

May 6, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #36,389 of 42,765
I love my Mojo since its release. I prefer the sound to all other portable DAC/amps I heard in its price range, even to the very capable Micro BL or the clear sounding Q5. In my opinion Mojo just has the edge with its natural and lifelike sound which is outstanding in the competition.

I have tested the Hugo2 which is a class above Mojo, so I know what to expect on the next level.
Unfortunately I can't really afford Hugo2.

My question is, what Mojo owners think about Mojo vs £600-900 desktop DAC/amp systems?
I know, Mojo is capable of driving almost anything, however there is a debate whether is strong enough to drive high impedance headphones to their full potential. Whether if it is really full potential or the expectation of some amp coloration that is another question.
I simply would like to know what people who own Mojo think about Mojo vs a full desktop configuration in the above mentioned price range.
Many thanks!

May 6, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #36,390 of 42,765
Exactly the same here. Thats how its suppose to act.

Yeah. Sad for people affected. I wonder if it's a fault, or a new design.

My question is, what Mojo owners think about Mojo vs £600-900 desktop DAC/amp systems?
I know, Mojo is capable of driving almost anything, however there is a debate whether is strong enough to drive high impedance headphones to their full potential. Whether if it is really full potential or the expectation of some amp coloration that is another question.
I simply would like to know what people who own Mojo think about Mojo vs a full desktop configuration in the above mentioned price range.
Many thanks!

I think the general impression is that the Mojo is the best DAC up to the 2Qute. 2Qute price dropped recently to £800.

Since adding an amp, can only degrade the signal, there's not really any point thinking any more about it. I'm not saying amplifiers are a bad idea. I just mean that adding cables to an amp, and an amp signature, all move away from the DAC signature. If you're happy with Mojo, and think the Hugo 2 is for you, then save up for the Hugo 2. It's actually quite surprising how good the Hugo 2 is, and to me worth the price. .. However it takes a while to maybe fully get accustomed to the Hugo 2, so a shop demo might not quite be enough. Or maybe it is, but for me it took time to adjust. Even though I knew straight away.

I think the problem with being faced with the decision to buy the Hugo 2 is, "Will I feel it worth it?". ... I think it was.

(Good luck anyway.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back