Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 15, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #36,046 of 42,765
I don't suppose you know if the R3 will allow you to store Tidal offline files?
It was stated that it will support offline storage, but I am not sure if it will be supported immediately at launch or with an upgrade further down the line.

Apr 15, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #36,047 of 42,765
It was stated that it will support offline storage, but I am not sure if it will be supported immediately at launch or with an upgrade further down the line.
Thank you for the info. Offline is a must for me. :)

Apr 15, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #36,048 of 42,765
Thank you for the info. Offline is a must for me. :)
Hiby R3 has Airplay as well, if you own any Apple device which has Tidal offline library, you can stream it to your Hiby R3 @ 44.1kHz / 16 bits wirelessly and further stream it to your bluetooth headphones. Hiby R3 will get LDAC support as well (they are waiting for Sony's certification) which will let you stream up to 96kHz / 24 bits audio.

Apr 15, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #36,049 of 42,765
Hiby R3 has Airplay as well, if you own any Apple device which has Tidal offline library, you can stream it to your Hiby R3 @ 44.1kHz / 16 bits wirelessly and further stream it to your bluetooth headphones. Hiby R3 will get LDAC support as well (they are waiting for Sony's certification) which will let you stream up to 96kHz / 24 bits audio.
Thanks for that. Sounds very interesting. Would that mean any drop in SQ?

Apr 15, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #36,050 of 42,765
I agree. During the last 3 years I have followed a timeline of using the Oppo - HA2, then the Mojo, and now the Hugo2.
This has allowed me to follow a path of musical exploration, that has delivered many hours of pleasure.
However buying the physical CD is usually the final step.
I have found many ways to explore music, mediatheque, bandcamp, community radio, youtube etc, but then if you want to own a physical copy of the music, @Mython is correct that there is so much good music available for £2 or €2 as new overstock CDs, or used CDs.
The end result is that I have increased the amount that I spend on music.
The online social media, forums, bandcamp, facebook etc, also allow me to discuss music with the original artists. How I wish that this had been available 40 years ago when I was younger. Conversely this social media also presents a great opportunity for artist/groups to communicate with their fans, plus receive feedback about which music passages work/don't work, plus ideas for future music.
:slight_smile:

Couldn’t have said any better :)

Apr 15, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #36,051 of 42,765
I love not having media cluttering up my life. Streaming is the miracle of my audio life. Access to vast swathes of music of all different genres. Heaven. Each to their own!

Well that one reason you love streaming, you see a collection as clutter. I’m proud of my CD collection and I also like looking at other people’s collection vinyl, tape or CD.

Apr 15, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #36,052 of 42,765
Well that one reason you love streaming, you see a collection as clutter. I’m proud of my CD collection and I also like looking at other people’s collection vinyl, tape or CD.

I can see both sides. I’ve treasured my CD collection, but since ripping everything in AIFF about 18 months ago, I haven’t listened to any and haven’t purchased a CD in a year. In fact, I bulk sold most of my CDs at the used shop last weekend, and have the more valuable gold discs on eBay now. But I still eel like I have a curated collection with my collection on SD card for Poly (as well as a few backups) and Tidal offline on my phone. It’s just bigger and broader now. I feel both freer and more we’ll endowed of music. :beerchug:

Apr 15, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #36,053 of 42,765
I can see both sides. I’ve treasured my CD collection, but since ripping everything in AIFF about 18 months ago, I haven’t listened to any and haven’t purchased a CD in a year. In fact, I bulk sold most of my CDs at the used shop last weekend, and have the more valuable gold discs on eBay now. But I still eel like I have a curated collection with my collection on SD card for Poly (as well as a few backups) and Tidal offline on my phone. It’s just bigger and broader now. I feel both freer and more we’ll endowed of music. :beerchug:

I'm pretty sure you're breaking copyright law, by keeping the digital rips of CDs that you don't still own.

Apr 15, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #36,054 of 42,765
I'm pretty sure you're breaking copyright law, by keeping the digital rips of CDs that you don't still own.

Wow, I hadn’t considered that, since they were legal purchases. However, it appears you may be right. I’ll put that in the camp of all the other stupid laws. One potential defense : if I subscribe to a streaming service, I am paying for the right to listen to them, even offline. Therefore, if they are also available on Tidal, or wherever, I may be legally entitled.

Edit: I suppose I should have destroyed them if I didn’t want to store them, but we’re already in a wasteful enough society. That would seem more criminal to me.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 2:18 AM Post #36,055 of 42,765
As I said. Each to their own. I would perhaps feel differently about a large vinyl collection. I always found CD difficult to love. Haven't quite made the leap to sell my collection though.

I'm fairly sure that for personal use is OK

Edit: I suppose I should have destroyed them if I didn’t want to store them, but we’re already in a wasteful enough society. That would seem more criminal to me.
That would be absurd IMHO.

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:15 AM Post #36,056 of 42,765
I'm fairly sure that for personal use is OK

From the perspective that you are less likely to be prosecuted, maybe. But I'm pretty sure this is still illegal. I think there are actually two legal issues here, it is the act of duplication and the act of possessing a duplicate without the original.

I'm assuming these laws are the same as the ones governing ROMs (read only memory) for computer games. You can possess a digital copy of ROM for a video game for 'archiving purposes'. But most people have 1,000+ ROMs of vintage video games that they have never owned.

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #36,057 of 42,765
From the perspective that you are less likely to be prosecuted, maybe. But I'm pretty sure this is still illegal. I think there are actually two legal issues here, it is the act of duplication and the act of possessing a duplicate without the original.
I'm assuming these laws are the same as the ones governing ROMs (read only memory) for computer games. You can possess a digital copy of ROM for a video game for 'archiving purposes'. But most people have 1,000+ ROMs of vintage video games that they have never owned.
It would appear that you are right.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...egal-again-after-high-court-overturns-new-law
Another plus for streaming as it allows an account to use several services... This is getting way of topic. To bring it back, as I say I always found CD hard to love. Streaming too until I started using Mojo. To me it reconnects with the emotion of music.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #36,058 of 42,765

In Italy if you've the original physical media you're entitled to make a duplicate provided that: you in flesh will play in house or on devices you legally own.
Things get misty if you put your duplicates on Cloud.
You can give 'em momentarily to a friend for quick listening, but always on your legally purchased device and under your strict control and supervision.
Now the best part is that if they've been purchased online (from whichever legal site of whichever non blacklisted Country, that is), you've to keep the original electronic Proof of Purchase also (but NOT limited to) to demostrate that VAT payment has been done.
Simple for CD-Audio DVD etc, digital downloads. Not so simple if I i.e. I purchased an yearly (or monthly etc) streaming plan outside EU. EU countries have this rule: VAT is paid in the Country of Purchase and NOT in the Country where you purchase from (Italy in my case). VAT against extra-EU countries gets overly complicated.

The bottom line: I purchased quite a number of titles from Highresaudio.
But site is in Germany and some of these titles where for German market only.
So I was banned from purchasing from Italy.
But if I had someone to purchase when in Germany (for work, leisure..) from MY OWN Highresaudio account and with my Credit Card, then it would have been all ok.

Go figure if I had to mess with these almighty and overwhelming body of rules in the streaming world.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #36,059 of 42,765
Yes let’s put this train back on its tracks.

49A1B7F2-C0F1-4B08-824D-7BF7F49C6AFE.jpeg

Apr 16, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #36,060 of 42,765
I like my Mojo a lot, but the very short cable it comes with doesn't cut it. I'd prefer to have longer cables like those which come with the Hugo, one for power and another for connecting to the iPhone using the Apple CCK. I'd appreciate recommendations regarding where to get such cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back