Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 20, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #34,876 of 42,765
I think i will give a try to them. Last doubt: NH are known as warm and so the Mojo, also, I read about back mids. May report if there is truth behind?

Dec 20, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #34,877 of 42,765
What exactly is windows 10 creator as compared to just windows 10? also is it ok to say have hugo 2 drivers and mojo drivers installed on the same laptop at once? obviously only using one dac at a time? so there is no conflict here?

I have Mojo originally and had the drivers for Mojo installed. Then I just bought the Hugo 2.

After getting the Hugo 2, I downloaded its drivers and installed them. Yet I only see one set of Chord drivers in my Windows 7 - 'Programmes and Features'. Secondly I only see one set of Chord WASAPI and ASIO choices in my JRiver settings.

I found that both my Hugo 2 and Mojo are running on the latest drivers that installed. Meaning the drivers for Hugo 2 that I just installed. It's possible that the Mojo and Hugo are using the same drivers. It certainly looks that way.

Dec 20, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #34,878 of 42,765
Mojo + Sennheiser seems to be a great combo in general. I was less than enthused with it and my LCD-X, but I never heard it with the LCD-2.

I'd be heavily tempted to snag a Focal Elear, honestly. That'd be damn near endgame for most.

Dec 20, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #34,879 of 42,765
I think i will give a try to them. Last doubt: NH are known as warm and so the Mojo, also, I read about back mids. May report if there is truth behind?

If you're thinking Nighthawk, get the Dragonfly Red. They pair marvelously together.

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #34,880 of 42,765

No recessed mids to me, but the Nighthawk is a warm headphone. I don’t find it too warm with the Mojo, but that’s me. The Nighthawk are one of those ‘get used to the sound’ compared to other headphones kind of warmth. I like them most for their very low in distortion and I pick that out easily. The Nighthawk are smooth but still have good dynamics and detail. Headphones like the Elear are more punchy / dynamic and grab your attention. Many have said the Elear is a HD650 replacement and others hate the Elear’s slightly recessed 4K region. Again, perhaps you can audition them.

Dec 21, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #34,881 of 42,765

You might also want consider Audeze LCD-2C.

Dec 21, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #34,882 of 42,765
If you're thinking Nighthawk, get the Dragonfly Red. They pair marvelously together.

I am still in the return window with the mojo, do you think I could get a better sq from the cheaper Dragonfly?

Dec 21, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #34,883 of 42,765
I am still in the return window with the mojo, do you think I could get a better sq from the cheaper Dragonfly?

No. Just no.

Get a pair of headphones that pair well with the Mojo. Anyway the Nighthawks get lots of compliments with the Mojo. Crikey, I am shocked you ask.

You should also be thinking of the Mojo as a component that will survive upgrading the rest of your system. About three weeks ago I upgraded my desktop kit, and to be honest, the Mojo is nothing short of mind-blowing.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #34,884 of 42,765
I have Mojo originally and had the drivers for Mojo installed. Then I just bought the Hugo 2.

After getting the Hugo 2, I downloaded its drivers and installed them. Yet I only see one set of Chord drivers in my Windows 7 - 'Programmes and Features'. Secondly I only see one set of Chord WASAPI and ASIO choices in my JRiver settings.

I found that both my Hugo 2 and Mojo are running on the latest drivers that installed. Meaning the drivers for Hugo 2 that I just installed. It's possible that the Mojo and Hugo are using the same drivers. It certainly looks that way.

Hi @GreenBow

Since Mojo and Hugo 2 are sharing the same microcontroller MCU chip for USB, odds are great for them to use same USB drivers.

Dec 21, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #34,885 of 42,765
No. Just no.

Get a pair of headphones that pair well with the Mojo. Anyway the Nighthawks get lots of compliments with the Mojo. Crikey, I am shocked you ask.

You should also be thinking of the Mojo as a component that will survive upgrading the rest of your system. About three weeks ago I upgraded my desktop kit, and to be honest, the Mojo is nothing short of mind-blowing.

I just ordered the NH because I hope to get more dynamics from the Mojo than with the actually Hd650...

I also use the Mojo in the desktop setup and I blame it only for the roll off highs. Do you notice that?

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #34,886 of 42,765

Oh hell no. I thought you were looking at which to buy. I was just saying if you haven't purchased anything, the Nighthawk+DFR pair beautifully, but if you've already got a Mojo keep that. It's definitely in another league.

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #34,887 of 42,765
Oh hell no. I thought you were looking at which to buy. I was just saying if you haven't purchased anything, the Nighthawk+DFR pair beautifully, but if you've already got a Mojo keep that. It's definitely in another league.

You made me afraid with that post. Also because, after what you wrote, I read that they are both very warm (Mojo and HW) so I thought your advice was for that.

I will have 14 days to evaluate the HW with my Mojo, I hope it will give me more satisfation than Mojo-HD650. Otherwise, I will send the HW backand, I will place a desktop amp in my bedroom for the HD650 and I will place the Mojo as permanent DAC in the living room main chain.

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #34,888 of 42,765
You made me afraid with that post. Also because, after what you wrote, I read that they are both very warm (Mojo and HW) so I thought your advice was for that.

I will have 14 days to evaluate the HW with my Mojo, I hope it will give me more satisfation than Mojo-HD650. Otherwise, I will send the HW backand, I will place a desktop amp in my bedroom for the HD650 and I will place the Mojo as permanent DAC in the living room main chain.

Mojo + HD650 is a fantastic combo, BTW. I have that sitting at my desk along with my Audeze stuff (well, mojo is getting repaired, but still).

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #34,889 of 42,765
Mojo + HD650 is a fantastic combo, BTW. I have that sitting at my desk along with my Audeze stuff (well, mojo is getting repaired, but still).

I totally dislike that combo. I mean, it totally lacks dynamic, it sounds "plain", "not filling", how I can say. For all the other stuff (details, musicality, tone) is a great pair yet (to my ears).

Just plugging the HD650 in my desktop dac/amp (Asus E1) and the dynamic back again.

I am trying the Mojo-HW combo now to earn that "missing dynamic". I cross my fingers because tomorrow I should receive the NW.

Dec 21, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #34,890 of 42,765
mojo drives oppo pm 1 fantastically too. nice synergy and it what i use now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back