Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 26, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #26,491 of 42,765
Sorry to repeat my question; but would still like a response. I'm thinking of simplifying my rig. How would the Mojo compare with my current DacMagic + Corda Concetro combination? I will stick with my trusty T1's.

Nov 26, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #26,492 of 42,765
  Sorry to repeat my question; but would still like a response. I'm thinking of simplifying my rig. How would the Mojo compare with my current DacMagic + Corda Concetro combination? I will stick with my trusty T1's.

It's not that people are ignoring you - it's just that, unfortunately, not every combination of equipment has been tried by people in this thread, so there may be no one who has compared your gear with Mojo.

Since you mention DACMagic, I am guessing you mean Cambridge, and if so, Richer Sounds also now stock Mojo, so perhaps you could ask, in store, to compare your DAC with a Mojo. I'm sure they would be agreeable to letting you sit in their demo room for half an hour, unobtrusively comparing them, using your T1s. It's the least they could do for a customer of one of their DACs.

Nov 26, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #26,493 of 42,765

It's not that people are ignoring you - it's just that, unfortunately, not every combination of equipment has been tried by people in this thread, so there may be no one who has compared your gear with Mojo.

Since you mention DACMagic, I am guessing you mean Cambridge, and if so, Richer Sounds also now stock Mojo, so perhaps you could ask, in store, to compare your DAC with a Mojo. I'm sure they would be agreeable to letting you sit in their demo room for half an hour, unobtrusively comparing them, using your T1s. It's the least they could do for a customer of one of their DACs.

Thanks for the suggestion Mython. I think Richer Sounds in located in the UK, so not much use to me sadly. 

Let me rephrase the question; how does the Mojo compare to rigs in the same range as the DacMagic + Corda Concerto? 

Nov 26, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #26,495 of 42,765
Thanks for the suggestion Mython. I think Richer Sounds in located in the UK, so not much use to me sadly. 

Let me rephrase the question; how does the Mojo compare to rigs in the same range as the DacMagic + Corda Concerto? 
have you heard the chord hugo? I have the mojo but no reference really to conpare. Maybe the dacs that are considered as competitors would give you some idea as mojo is considered close to the hugo in sound reproduction? Or so I've read. Im a total noob though so take my post with a bag of sea salt...

Nov 26, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #26,496 of 42,765
apologies first of all if this has been covered before. i'm thinking of pairing a mojo with an oppo pm1. the pm's are planar so would the mojo drive them to high volume levels with plenty of dynamics and no strain? where does such a small unit get the power to drive dt880 600ohm so well. i actually have these cans. its difficult for me to audition the mojo with oppos. last things ill be using it with my imac and i am used to long listening sessions. will the mojo really give me 8-10 hours at loud levels on a single charge. this is the deal maker or breaker for me and if battery runs out can i just plug it in and continue. does anyone here use usb decrappifying stuff like intonas or ifi stuff to clean the pc usb signal or is this not needed with the mojo. i read it has its own jitter removal algorithms etc. i know theres lots of requests here but any short replies would help immensely. im very keen to go for the combo early new year as i tried the pm1 for comfort and SQ and it rocked. that was with an Oppo ha1 amp but i figure i can close performance with the mojo. 

Hi, I auditioned the PM-1's for a week and mainly used them with Mojo. Mojo drives them with great authority and the synergy is spot on. If you like the Pm-1, you will love it with Mojo! As for the intona and decrappifiers, they all make a difference with Mojo. They help extract even more musicality out of Mojo. I am going to be getting the Ifi iLink soon and will test whether JET makes a difference. If I had to guess, the answer would be No. The iLink will provide a clean and bit-perfect toslink signal to Mojo. When I get it I will be testing the JET feature to see if it makes any improvement. Using an Uptone Regen in between the Ifi iLink should also result in a modest improvement as the usb signal will be cleaner . I will be testing all that very soon!

Nov 26, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #26,497 of 42,765
Hi, I auditioned the PM-1's for a week and mainly used them with Mojo. Mojo drives them with great authority and the synergy is spot on. If you like the Pm-1, you will love it with Mojo! As for the intona and decrappifiers, they all make a difference with Mojo. They help extract even more musicality out of Mojo. I am going to be getting the Ifi iLink soon and will test whether JET makes a difference. If I had to guess, the answer would be No. The iLink will provide a clean and bit-perfect toslink signal to Mojo. When I get it I will be testing the JET feature to see if it makes any improvement. Using an Uptone Regen in between the Ifi iLink should also result in a modest improvement as the usb signal will be cleaner . I will be testing all that very soon!
is because the pm1 is easy to drive lol.

Nov 26, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #26,498 of 42,765
Please can someone who understood explain why Mojo are having that symbol and number printed between headphone ports. I thought Mojo Ideas - J Franks, was saying it's so they know which Mojos were sold abroad. However I think I must have misunderstood.

Nov 26, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #26,500 of 42,765
So I blew out a pair of $50 iem's. I think what happened was that I left the Mojo on and put it in my bag and the volume up was depressed. So when I turned the music on I blasted my ears and my iems.  Ouch and a good lesson. Waiting for my Encores to arrive, I'm glad it was the cheap ones - that would have been a disaster with two thousand dollar ciems. 

Nov 26, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #26,501 of 42,765
  Please can someone who understood explain why Mojo are having that symbol and number printed between headphone ports. I thought Mojo Ideas - J Franks, was saying it's so they know which Mojos were sold abroad. However I think I must have misunderstood.

Slight misunderstanding maybe - I think the rationale is to make it easier to identify counterfeit products, most of which are more likely to be manufactured abroad.
As I understand it, the number is not printed, but laser ablated, so in theory Chord could change subtle elements of the symbol, with each batch of Mojos that are produced. 

Nov 26, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #26,502 of 42,765
  So I blew out a pair of $50 iem's. I think what happened was that I left the Mojo on and put it in my bag and the volume up was depressed. So when I turned the music on I blasted my ears and my iems.  Ouch and a good lesson. Waiting for my Encores to arrive, I'm glad it was the cheap ones - that would have been a disaster with two thousand dollar ciems. 

Sorry you have destroyed your iems, but happy (as far as possible) that they were a 'cheapish' pair of iems.
It is often said that the most effective way to learn a lesson, is to make mistakes, and learn from them - so I feel positive that you will not make this accidental mistake in future. 
Looking on the bright side, you now have an excuse to think about new iems for cyber monday/christmas/january sales, etc. 
regular_smile .gif

Nov 26, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #26,503 of 42,765

You will love the Encores. I have the universals and I am trying to 'understand' what feelings these things are giving me! lol. Never knew sounds could be so amazing, thanks to these and the Mojo.

Nov 26, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #26,504 of 42,765

Sorry you have destroyed your iems, but happy (as far as possible) that they were a 'cheapish' pair of iems.
It is often said that the most effective way to learn a lesson, is to make mistakes, and learn from them - so I feel positive that you will not make this accidental mistake in future. 
Looking on the bright side, you now have an excuse to think about new iems for cyber monday/christmas/january sales, etc. 
regular_smile%20.gif

Any suggestions? :)

Nov 26, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #26,505 of 42,765

You will love the Encores. I have the universals and I am trying to 'understand' what feelings these things are giving me! lol. Never knew sounds could be so amazing, thanks to these and the Mojo.

I'm kind of wondering if I should have gone universal. Still another month of waiting for my customs. I'm very excited, I've heard nothing but good stuff. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back