Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 15, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #226 of 42,765
I want to let everyone know that although the MoJo is brilliant with IEMs.......

....... It easily handles full size planar headphones as well. Here driving the LCD-2.2 (pre-fazor).

There is ample control and the MoJo's laser focused timing is a clear advantage over other DACs I've heard/owned. I'd put the sound at slightly warm in a very tasteful way. Nothing bloated or bleeding in to the mids. The power from this solid DAC/amp is pretty amazing considering its size.

Very well done Rob Watts and Chord gang!!

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #227 of 42,765
Well
Let
Me say
This From
The bottom
Of
My heart
I
Feel
Sorry
For
The wners
Of
HUGO

Not really as I still think Hugo is a better device for many reason. I wouldn't buy a new one now if I had tried the mojo first. For home DAC the Hugo still wins. The used value for the Hugo is going to take a tumble though. :mad:

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #228 of 42,765
I have Denon D7100, Sony Z1000 and SA5000, Shure SRH1840 and Philips X1, any preference out of that selection?

Unfortunately I've not owned any of those, so not familiar with them, however probably not vital since the variable of interest is the dac/amp. Whichever is the least sensitive would probably be the most informative for me.

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #229 of 42,765
Yes, am sure the poster knows that, will mean what is the difference before and after adding MoJo into the mix, stock DAP vs DAP and MoJo.

If you're familiar with the Hugo sound, this is going to be a short and sweet reply.

It shares the same presentation style with the Hugo with a slightly reduced soundstage.  Mid-bass to midrange is where the drama happens.  It has more body than the Hugo.  Sub-bass sounds a little softer than the Hugo's though.  Treble is friendlier and more conducive to longer listening.

As to those pairings, I can only report what I have heard out of my AK100 (first gen), DX50 and AK240SS.

Of the three, the biggest improvement it brought to the dap is with the AK100.  The best synergy however, is with the AK240SS -- because I like the brighter sound of the SS.

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #230 of 42,765
Unfortunately I've not owned any of those, so not familiar with them, however probably not vital since the variable of interest is the dac/amp. Whichever is the least sensitive would probably be the most informative for me.
Okay, SRH1840 that'll be then haha!

Crazy at work at the mo, drop me a PM over the weekend to remind me if you see no update from me

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #234 of 42,765
      These Questions for mr : Rob Watts :
1-what about Dave will you update the same new chip from Xilinx Artix-7 chips or you will use the old model Spartan 6 ?

2-How many taps you put inside MoJo ?

3- Any plan to release a Dap ?

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #236 of 42,765
What's the sensitivity of the LCD2.2c pictured above? Used to own them, but can't recall off the top of my head and Google didn't readily return the answer (on mobile, so less convenient to search).

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #239 of 42,765
What's the sensitivity of the LCD2.2c pictured above? Used to own them, but can't recall off the top of my head and Google didn't readily return the answer (on mobile, so less convenient to search).

They are 60 Ohm and 93db efficiency. Not very efficient but the MoJo powers them with great authority.

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #240 of 42,765
They are 60 Ohm and 93db efficiency. Not very efficient but the MoJo powers them with great authority.

Thank you, good to know. Ether C at 96 should be absolutely fine then.

(even if I wish one of the contenders would easily knock itself from contention by not being up to driving full-sized cans!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back