Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 16, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #21,346 of 42,765
yesterday got my chord mojo back . I kept it somewhere during the transfer. when I was not having mojo I tried hqplayer to upsample and listen through the sound card of laptop. sound was much better than j river and foobar upsampler. so after getting mojo back I was curious as to how would an upsampled output of hqplayer sound through mojo. after trying so many filters and sample rates in hqplayer, I found foobar bit perfect output to mojo to be the cleanest as have been suggested by chord too ( don't use any resampler with mojo ). hqplayer upsampled output while good with sound card of laptop but with mojo the limitations of hqplayer become obvious. it added artificial detail which added grain to the sound (or vice versa). switching back to foobar in bit perfect mode sounded cleaner. surprisingly j river even in bit perfect mode ( no DSP and direct connection using asio) sounded harsh as compared to foobar. I don't know why foobar every time sounds better , may be it's lighter than j river or may be j river even in direct connection mode is performing some kind of processing .

Aug 16, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #21,347 of 42,765
@captblaze, for me the criteria will be the sound quality. tomorrow if chord puts the mojo tech into a bigger box with some more RCA outputs and increases the price 3 times, I will not discard mojo just because it's difficult to use due to its size.

Aug 16, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #21,348 of 42,765
Without a doubt, people will start making claims that the MK1 sounds better, and the cost of a used MK1 will become more than a new MK2.  At least that's how it works in the world of guitar stomp boxes, even when the manufacture claims the circuits are the same.

My Mojo is on the way.  I hope I get a MK1 :D
There is no MK 2 version the product is no different the new packaging and product marking if for protecting out distributors.

Aug 16, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #21,349 of 42,765
If you wave the Chord Mojo can you hear a slight rattling noise inside, I can but only vert faintly. Is that normal? Maybe it is Optical input plastic flap that is rattling, not sure.

Can anyone confirm please if they can hear rattling when waving or gently shaking. Thanks.

It's the free rolling balls bouncing against the case... :wink:

Aug 16, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #21,350 of 42,765
Does anyone know whether upcoming Android phones (like the Note7) will have systemwide support for the Mojo, like iPhone do?

Aug 16, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #21,352 of 42,765
not bit perfect no. Will be upsampled.

Hm, well if I can use it with YouTube, Amazon Prime music, etc. That'll at least be an improvement. I can still use USB Audio Player for bit perfect on my own files.

Aug 16, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #21,353 of 42,765
Just ordered the mojo from Massdrop I think there's three days left in the drop can't wait to get it.

Aug 16, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #21,354 of 42,765
I've gone and done it, just bought a Mojo from Sonicelectronix.  Decided to pounce on it since they offer a package with their own 3 year warranty.

$599 minus 5% with coupon code: SOUNDAUDIO248

Makes my final delivered price $569.05 not too bad considering the included warranty and it is scheduled for delivery on Friday.

Can't wait to get my mojo on and see if all the talk is real.

Aug 16, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #21,355 of 42,765
Just ordered the mojo from Massdrop I think there's three days left in the drop can't wait to get it.

Not sure you'll get warranty with Massdrop as they are not sanctioned by Chord as a dealer.

Aug 16, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #21,356 of 42,765
Not sure you'll get warranty with Massdrop as they are not sanctioned by Chord as a dealer.

Massdrop makes their deals with the manufacturer directly so it should not be a problem.

Aug 16, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #21,357 of 42,765

Massdrop makes their deals with the manufacturer directly so it should not be a problem.

Nope - not with Chord:

I just saw this. I'd love to know if this time around it's "in agreement/collaboration/endorsed by" Chord.

Because didn't Massdrop try this once before...but Chord claimed it was without their permission (and warranties wouldn't be honored or something)...and the drop was eventually pulled?

I may not have the story straight -- I just want to be sure this one is on the up and up.

thanks for the Heads up ....No I'm afraid it isn't on the up and up we have not given them any distribution rights. We will check this out

Aug 16, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #21,358 of 42,765
Aug 16, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #21,359 of 42,765
Chord Mojo docking station with a extra:

I made a docking station for the Mojo with a Raspberry Pi Zero in it, i stream music via wifi from my nas via tablet and

bubble upnp as controller - and of course the Mojo get charged.

Now the Mojo is a dnla renderer. Endless opptions depending on the linux version, use it as a dlna renderer, create a
media server etc. You find all the infos and 3d files here:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1716990

have fun :)

Where did you buy this docking station for Mojo? Any link would help.

Aug 16, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #21,360 of 42,765
  That sucks I guess I will cancel it then.

here is right from TOS...

Massdrop strives to provide accurate descriptions of products and services on the Massdrop Sites. Massdrop does not guarantee, however, that the descriptions are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. If a product or service offered on the Massdrop Sites is not as described, your sole remedy is to return the item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back